Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
That dirty talk sketch was pretty good, but it's odd when the host is visibly more comfortable and confident in a scene than one of the performers. I don't imagine Melissa's gonna be around next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Less big Sean. More Cecily Strong and Sasheer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPEhQugz-Ew

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

That dirty talk sketch was pretty good, but it's odd when the host is visibly more comfortable and confident in a scene than one of the performers. I don't imagine Melissa's gonna be around next season.

She was in two sketches this week and screwed up a line in both of them. She's distractingly awkward. That sketch was hilarious anyway though.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

nmx posted:

Dear Cecily Strong,

If you can't sing, maybe don't sing on national live TV.

Dear SNL,

In an episode where you jumped off with a monologue touching on some race issues, maybe have Sasheer start the singing (especially since it sounds like she has the better voice)?

Poor lady just can't catch a break.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kevyn posted:

She was in two sketches this week and screwed up a line in both of them. She's distractingly awkward. That sketch was hilarious anyway though.

Seriously, how did this person get cast on this show?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her whole stand-up act is impressions.

They haven't had her do any impressions on the show though.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

TheScott2K posted:

Seriously, how did this person get cast on this show?

I've wondered before if sometimes people aren't cast to fail so they can serve as a cautionary example.

On the other hand, having a rough start when you're a new cast member but slowly turning it around has been a thing since the very first new cast member (Bill Murray).

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Her whole stand-up act is impressions.

They haven't had her do any impressions on the show though.

She did an unsexy bad Owen Wilson impression in the dirty talk sketch. I was confused and wondering if she was doing it terribly on purpose or if this was one of the impressions that got her on the show... in which case, :wtc:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I only enjoy sexy Owen Wilson impressions on my SNL.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good Owen Wilson impression she did.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
A really good Owen Wilson impression will always seem like a kinda bad one

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

jojoinnit posted:

A really good Owen Wilson impression will always seem like a kinda bad one

Counterpoint: Edward Norton

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
This is a no-brainer to run for this week's Vintage

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It was an okay impression, but it sounded so much like her own voice I didn't realize she was supposed to be doing an impression until she named it. She was also really mumbly in the sketch, and trying to do a deeper voice just made her quieter. The Wanda Sykes impression was the only time she was actually loud enough.

This sketch was the chance to break out she's been waiting for, and it didn't happen. Jay Pharoah showed you can do pretty well with impressions as your main thing. She just isn't ready.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

She just isn't ready.

She's also been a bit of a PR nightmare with the whole racist tweets thing. I'm positive Michaels will not be inviting her back.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Unfortunately she'll probably never get to bust this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9u6rcAhRa4

pwn
May 27, 2004

Current February lineup

2.4: Kristen Stewart / Alessia Cara
Vintage: Christoph Waltz / Alabama Shakes

2.11: Alec Baldwin / Ed Sheeran
Vintage: TBA

2.18: Rerun TBA

I wouldn't be surprised if that Christoph Waltz Vintage is swapped out for Mary Tyler Moore / Elvis Costello from 1989. I sure hope it is, great music.

pwn
May 27, 2004

nice

https://vimeo.com/8300183 https://vimeo.com/8300370

Rehearsal footage of Costello playing with the SNL band, from his May 1990 appearance.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

pwn posted:

Current February lineup

2.4: Kristen Stewart / Alessia Cara
Vintage: Christoph Waltz / Alabama Shakes

2.11: Alec Baldwin / Ed Sheeran

I wouldn't be surprised if that Christoph Waltz Vintage is swapped out for Mary Tyler Moore / Elvis Costello from 1989. I sure hope it is, great music.

Trump in every sketch. Including Black Jeopardy.

Do it, Lorne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

New thread here and now in the present this is now the past move on

• Locked thread