Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
What's a good way of countering repair units without any of my own? As far as i can tell, it's basically an instant loss because they can afford to chip damage on your turrets at no cost to them as long as they play safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MorphineMike posted:

What's a good way of countering repair units without any of my own? As far as i can tell, it's basically an instant loss because they can afford to chip damage on your turrets at no cost to them as long as they play safe

X-wing/TIE or one of the AOE bomb things (electric or poison). Preferably when there's other units in the area but sometimes it's worth it if they're going to bring a near dead tower back. If you're rebels there's also always the drop pod.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
Apparently I took X-wings out of my deck and, as such, completely forgot they existed. Good job me.

In less shameful topics, Ezra and Kanan are really fun. Had a few deaths where someone has run past me as I've been meleeing them, making Ezra flip backwards into turret range to shoot them before I've noticed, which sucks. But there have also been a surprising number of heroes who attempt to shoot Kanan down and end up dying to deflected bolts, which is amazing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I remember Kanan being super inconsistent on when he'd deflect and when he'd just eat poo poo and die, but I haven't used him since like 3-4 updates ago.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Sweet jumping jesus this is a difficult game to jump back into after a break. Probably doesn't help that I took the break right after I pushed my tier level up to the highest I ever had it.

Post yr decks so I can copy them and have fun again

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've hardly been playing (and it seems to be the case for most of OldGoonPublic infact) but when I do I usually rock 2v2 normal matches.

As such I'm currently using

Agent Kallus 2
& Yogurt Lyste 2

Stun Grenade 5
MTV 5
Repair Bot 7
Stormtroopers 11
Sandtrooper 11
Devildudes 11

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo, new heroes and prequel stuff.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

This game is just brutal to come back to. Everyone has a L3 or L4 hero and L13 cards while I'm at L2 and mostly L11 cards.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Prequel heroes are pretty drat fun. Anakin goes super loving hard and performs even at level one. Having the attack speed steroid for free instead of on a card changes SO MUCH. I've fought some Yodas and he seems really strong.

Grievous is alright. He has a crazy unique and synergizes with Droids which rules. I love him, though. And Maul's gimmick is dumb but surprisingly effective.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Guild dead? I just want to fulfill donation requests heh

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Been feeling a MOBA itch recently, so I got back in. Joined the Goonpublic as Mancalledm.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Just applied to Goonpublic as Masakari

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Not sure if anyone's still playing this, applied to Goonpublic as Losar

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
I’m guessing by the lack of activity in here that this game is completely dead on the Goon front?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It has a death sentence on 12 systems

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Having just recently got back into game, on the goon front it does seem pretty dead. But there have been a lot of additions since the last time i played! Messing around with Clone Wars era cards is pretty neat, even if the AT-RT walkers are freaking rediculous.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I stopped playing because new hero power creep was getting real but now i havent played in so long id just lose every platinum match with my lvl 12ish dudes

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh snap, new trilogy heroes and troops got added? How are they? Any standouts or any of them especially op?

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
I’m at 11 three star on dark side and 8 one star in light side. I try not to take it all to seriously. In 2v2, I’ve been running Bodhi with basically all the bombardment cards. I’ve had fun with that. Long term, I’ll need to switch to Poe for his energy reduction for starfighters. That said, I have not gotten any of the new movie heroes. First Order troops so far seem pretty strong. Not impressed with the resistance as much.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

I’m guessing by the lack of activity in here that this game is completely dead on the Goon front?

I've started playing again but im not in any good clan

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I played again a few times with an old rear end Cassian/K2 deck that i didnt adjust at all since I last played and still won more than I lost. The extra effect from all my cards coming from the old set probably helps.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The old powerful cards are still pretty powerful, it's just that in general a newer card is going to be just as or even more effective at a lower level than most of the older cards are going to be in the 10-13 range that most people probably have them at.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Applied to the guild as Sakarian, what are the pro strats for this fine game of lasers and glow bats

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Applied to OldGoonpublic as DK2043, love them Netmarble games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah im kinda back into this now, it's a good game and there seems to be enough units, hero's, and new folks playing that you dont run into netdecks all day (at least at tier 7). I'm slowly trying to test new units.

I saw a Lando deck earlier that was just chock full of cheap sprinter types and he barfed out the most amazing zerg rushes ive ever seen. It didnt really work against a relatively balanced Krennic but it was fun to watch.

My new (actually old but back again) passion is a Leia deck that focus on covering for busted Gronk droids. Walkspeed uber alles.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Trashing people with vanilla Vader is also still very fun. The new folks dont seem to gently caress with stun grenades any more for some reason.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Here's my decks, the other darkside one is in flux and also fuuuuuuck these guys for not giving us more deck slots yet

https://twitter.com/intelsebastian/status/948304907345412096

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
I've tried them quite a few times ( just tried them again in your decks ) and I can never find anyone retarded enough to take more than one gonk droid. For the same price, I'd just go Rocket troopers because they can also hit AT-ST/whatever other vehicle bullshit.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I feel like ahsoka hits like a loving bus every time I fight Anakin. That card is more dangerous than the player using it sometimes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CDW posted:

I've tried them quite a few times ( just tried them again in your decks ) and I can never find anyone retarded enough to take more than one gonk droid. For the same price, I'd just go Rocket troopers because they can also hit AT-ST/whatever other vehicle bullshit.

One fun trick: drop one immediately after K2SO pulls aggro from a hero/baddies and target the hero

Other than that idk, I just drop them whenever i feel rich enough to waste some energy or when i think the person is too focussed on one side. Sometimes it's more about him being a cheap must-deal-with distraction than actually getting on the turret. I've always been a big fan of giving my opponent a lot to think about in 1v1 games and in this game sometimes that just means reminding someone they have two lanes to protect.

Rocket guys do own though, i just never use the rebel version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Pretty sure all the rocket guys do AOE damage on hit now? At least i know the Imperial version does because i've seen them hit AT-RT's before

• Locked thread