Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

It's a new freemium game from NetMarbu, available on Android and iOS. It's a MOBA style game featuring the Star Wars cast.

You can play 1v1 or 2v2, and if you're in a guild, you get to be matched with a guildmate against two random people, so it's pretty great.
Curent SA Guilds:
OldGoonpublic
LLJK

These are inactive-ish?:

thatsnogoon (full)
SArlaccPits

The tutorial covers how to play fairly well, so I'll just give you the quick rundown on the other stuff. A lot of people are missing that there are missions you can do -- check the top right corner of the screen for three tiny icons, the middle one takes you to the list where you see what you need to do and also turn in missions for rewards. It's really important that you do the special ones ASAP because you get to pick any character in the game, and right now, Cassian Andor is incredibly OP. He outranges turrets.

Don't spend Crystals on packs, buy credits instead. You can buy cards in the store, and it's pretty cheap to take commons to level 5/6 (considering that you start with 1400 crystals, and 1k buys you 50k credits).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

If you aren't playing Cassian, or ******* if you are in game, you are doing it wrong. I'm probably winning 95% of my 1v1 games with him, and doing quite well at 2v2. I just reached 3* Tier 4. Basically, shoot, step back, shoot, etc. Also, unlocked Gigoran Rebel, and at level 2, he is the best unit I've ever seen. You plus it kills an opponent from about 3/4 in a stun grenade...it does single target heavy damage. Short spool up to start dealing damage, but immediately switches targets until it has to move. Has long range, and if you throw a few melee in front, will kill a turret super fast, or an ATST. 681 hp, so survives a bombing run. Range is 8.5, sniper has 11, not quite out of range of enemy turrets.
Current line up: l1 Cassian: l2 Gigoran, l3 light tank, l6: marauders, xwing, grenadiers, pathfinders, l2 stun grenade.

For common units, buy them in the store, up to 75ish per card. Really easy to get l5 and l6 units, which makes the game way easier. USE YOUR CRYSTALS TO BUY CREDITS. Save up to 1k crystals, and get 50k credits. You won't regret it. Card packs suck, but apparently get better (and more expensive) at higher tiers. You still shouldn't buy them you are better off spending credits to buy epics, then turning those in for a unique card if that's what you are after. Card packs are that bad.

Uniques and epics are way more powerful than common units, so you don't need them at level 5-6 for them to be good, but they generally won't do much for you at level 1.

Malgrin posted:

Stun grenades are amazing with anyone. If you're ranged like cassian, if they get too close, drop a stun grenade, walk away, keep shooting. If you're melee like Luke or Vader (Luke's actually really, really good if you figure out how to use him), charge in, drop a stun grenade, use your special.

If you get a chance, pick up the ATST (walker). It doesn't kill much, but it wrecks turrets. Requires a lot of resources to deal with, so you can pressure another lane.

If Luke (and probably other lightsaber users) stands still, he'll deflect some blaster bolts. Sometimes he'll even do damage with it, pretty fun. However, he autoattacks if in range of an enemy, and can only deflect if he's not attacking. Kind of hard to use sometimes.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 14, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
This game is goofy and fun. I like being able to play 2v2 with other goons.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
I tested it out and Luke is the only legendary that reflects blaster bolts when standing still.. which is kind of messed up

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I keep seeing mention of a free legendary you can pick, when does that happen?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I didn't find a goon guild under the name in the op (itsnogoon) but there was one named thatsnogoon, is that the right one?

I've been having a lot of success with Leia just hanging back, dropping turrets, and snowballing my way to victory via having more troops than the other team at all times. Other teammate usually picks up on me playing defense pretty quick and pushes in on whatever lane's the weakest, and we win without much trouble. But I imagine that's not viable once I get to the point where people have actual good decks set up.

What are people's thoughts on the various leaders? I honestly have no idea who's good and who isn't, because 90% of what I run into is Luke/Leia/Han/Boba/Inquisitor and not much else. Saw a Lando once.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Roach posted:

I tested it out and Luke is the only legendary that reflects blaster bolts when standing still.. which is kind of messed up

He's so bad in SWGOH; let the poor guy have him moment in the sun.

But yes, melee characters outside of Luke seems very difficult to play. I just got Old Ben so I'm going to try the Luke zerg strategy whenever my goon teammates pick Andor.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

mirror123 posted:

I keep seeing mention of a free legendary you can pick, when does that happen?

When you click on the missions button you will see 2 tabs: Basic and Special. When you complete all of the Special missions you get your free legendary pick.

Kelp Plankton posted:

... but there was one named thatsnogoon, is that the right one?

Yes, that is our guild.

e: Sorry for the double post. I tried to condense, but I don't know if it's possible to delete a post.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 14, 2017

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I just applied to what I think is the guild as 'cithen'.

Also, I'm having trouble completing the first Basic mission, 'Enter the Galactic Battle I', It says to play in a 1v1 or 2v2 match one time, which I have certainly done, but it isn't updating as completed. Anyone know whats going on with it?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I didn't find a goon guild under the name in the op (itsnogoon) but there was one named thatsnogoon, is that the right one?

Whoops, wrote the OP quickly, fixed, thanks.

e: Lol, I did manage to get it right on my cross post over to the other Netmarbu game

Malgrin posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805457&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I made a thread and there's a Goon guild from SW Galaxy of Heroes (thatsnogoon) if anyone is interested.

Cithen posted:

I just applied to what I think is the guild as 'cithen'.

Also, I'm having trouble completing the first Basic mission, 'Enter the Galactic Battle I', It says to play in a 1v1 or 2v2 match one time, which I have certainly done, but it isn't updating as completed. Anyone know whats going on with it?

You don't get credit in training missions, has to be pvp.

Also, you only get credit for doing a mission if it's open while you do the quest (mostly). If it asks you to complete missions, open cards, level up a card, etc., you have to do those things after you've gotten the mission. Exceptions include situations where it's like reach level 4.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 14, 2017

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

This game is goofy and fun. I like being able to play 2v2 with other goons.

Ive been steamrolling as rebels with multiple goons it's been awesome. Whats your name in the guild?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Thanks for making the thread, Malgrin.

Game had been fun so far. Cassien has been helping me put up a nice win streak, especially after I got a stun grenade on the rebels side. Working towards Lando right now since his energy refresh seems like it would be useful.

I did run into a guy who was somehow able to drop units across the map and in my area before taking out my turrets. This is when he was way back running around his spawn area. I'm not sure if it was just a bug or an exploit. I should have grabbed a screenshot of his name, but didn't think about it until it was too late.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

Ive been steamrolling as rebels with multiple goons it's been awesome. Whats your name in the guild?

Yeah man, we played some games together. I am Splat :)

Inkel posted:

I did run into a guy who was somehow able to drop units across the map and in my area before taking out my turrets. This is when he was way back running around his spawn area. I'm not sure if it was just a bug or an exploit. I should have grabbed a screenshot of his name, but didn't think about it until it was too late.

Were all of your towers up? Because if even one is down, you can place units pretty far up on that side, and sometimes the units will wander to the middle lane. Or was it a drop pod? I have one of those and it is super cool. You drop it anywhere you want and a little guy comes out and attacks stuff. It's great for finishing off a tower that's almost dead. In case people missed it, you can press and hold the unit you want to spawn and drag it somewhere else on the map.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Applied to ThatsNoGoon as Theswarms.

Throwing AT-STs at people is fun, but it seems less effective than the old drop the rocket trooper in the lane the opponent doesn't go to and laugh as rockets destroy everything without people noticing.

People are looking at the minimap and stopping this now though :(

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just picked this up and applied as Wintermutant

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Dr. Venture posted:

Were all of your towers up? Because if even one is down, you can place units pretty far up on that side, and sometimes the units will wander to the middle lane. Or was it a drop pod? I have one of those and it is super cool. You drop it anywhere you want and a little guy comes out and attacks stuff. It's great for finishing off a tower that's almost dead. In case people missed it, you can press and hold the unit you want to spawn and drag it somewhere else on the map.

Both my towers were up and he was dropping tanks and poo poo behind my towers. It was really strange.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Applied for the guild as djheat, I'm also having trouble completing that first basic quest. I've definitely done a bunch of 1v1s, and i just won a 2v2 and didn't get it either.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Applied for the guild as djheat, I'm also having trouble completing that first basic quest. I've definitely done a bunch of 1v1s, and i just won a 2v2 and didn't get it either.

I was just coming back to post the same thing; game's fun otherwise, but that's annoying, especially since Han is the reward for it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Inkel posted:

Both my towers were up and he was dropping tanks and poo poo behind my towers. It was really strange.

I think there's a spot right at the very back of the map where you can sometimes get stuff to spawn, right behind the generator. I've seen a few players trying to sneak into my base and do it but they're usually pretty bad and end up dying to all the hazards and dudes we've got in the area before they manage it.

I don't know if it lets them bypass turrets or if it's just the surprise of suddenly a bunch of dudes in your base at once or what, but sometimes it does work.

People are generally used to enemies needing to walk all the way down lanes to get to their base so if you can do kind of a forward-spawned assault while they're dealing with another lane it can work well if they're not paying attention to your hero positioning.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Jyn as my main 2v2 girl has been working out very well. On her own shes ok, but in 2v2 if she can concentrate on sniping kills and towers while her teammate distracts, shes a beast. I think boozie and i haven't lost together yet running her.

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
So apparently there's a bug that doesn't let you complete the first mission. So I'm pretty much stuck until they fix that.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I think I have that bug too. I can do the special missions though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else this this gameplay is really poo poo and bad?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I don't care how bad she is, Imma main Sabine/Fenn Rau. :colbert:

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Applied as PrincessTrash!
I got the Eighth Brother so I've been Inquisitioning scrubs all afternoon! This game is fun as hell.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Theswarms posted:

Throwing AT-STs at people is fun, but it seems less effective than the old drop the rocket trooper in the lane the opponent doesn't go to and laugh as rockets destroy everything without people noticing.

People are looking at the minimap and stopping this now though :(

Prodding multiple lanes is a legitimate strategy you should employ when you can afford the resources. If you load up a single lane too much then AoE will just wreck your murderball. Sometimes you can goad out the strafe and then immediately drop your zerg army.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think there's a spot right at the very back of the map where you can sometimes get stuff to spawn, right behind the generator

This. I believe the tower spawn protection is shaped like a circle, so there might be tiny areas the towers don't completely cover. I haven't bothered testing any of this.

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone else this this gameplay is really poo poo and bad?

Yes. It's not perfect, but goddamn I'm still having fun. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I lost a game. Every match is just a streamroll. I greatly prefer 2v2 over 1v1. It's much more exciting and entertaining for me. The biggest I've had is struggling to make my character run. Sometimes he just walks even though I am double-tapping like a madman. Why would you ever want to walk anywhere anyway? I think it'd be much better if they just removed it. Yuur character should always try to run at full speed. And yeah, I know not all characters can run.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Running drains your stamina so you don't want to be autorunning.

Also applied as Sarmhan.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is there someone specific I should be using my Legendary Selector on? Or is it better to level up someone I'm using a lot (like Vader)?

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is there someone specific I should be using my Legendary Selector on? Or is it better to level up someone I'm using a lot (like Vader)?

The consensus seems to be that nobody is awful. I'd use them for someone you're using a lot or someone you have the Unique for.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So how do i actually progress in the missions and get xp? I have beaten like 4 dudes and am still level 1 and on mission one. drat u keke

I guess I gotta be level 3 before i can join the guild, would be applying as ramadu but I can't get to level 3!

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 15, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ramadu posted:

So how do i actually progress in the missions and get xp? I have beaten like 4 dudes and am still level 1 and on mission one. drat u keke

I guess I gotta be level 3 before i can join the guild, would be applying as ramadu but I can't get to level 3!

Level your cards up

Edit: and the first mission is broken, probably, but the special missions work, you just need to acknowledge that you beat them as you go

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I played this a bunch today, its silly and fun but f2p is poo poo I hate it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Level your cards up

Edit: and the first mission is broken, probably, but the special missions work, you just need to acknowledge that you beat them as you go

Im a dumb idiot and didnt realize leveling was tied to card upgrading. I thought it was with beating dudes.

Applied to Thatsnogoon as ramadu

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Oh man, I just got my second unique card: Death Squad Leader. He pairs with Director Orson Krennic! :woop:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like thatsnogoon is full so i started a 2nd guild: SArlaccPits. Post in thread if you want in.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Just applied to thatsnogoon as bizlaine. I'll probably kill myself if you don't let me in.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

applied as gommelnox lemme in your christian guild tia

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
thatsnogoon is full sorrrrry guys

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I wonder if we can see activity or something because some people are probably going to quit within a week if not after their unlock speed bonus runs out.

Mal what's your deck look like now? I'm still bound to rebel honor guards and gnk droid but I think I need to move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

thatsnogoon is full sorrrrry guys

I started a 2nd guild a few hours ago for anybody that doesnt want to wait for a spot in thatsnogoon to open up: SArlaccPits.

• Locked thread