Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm tryinnnnnn lol

Go cassian get me to 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007
I'd like to try other leaders, but my set of uniques is very slim. It seems like for most leaders the unique is critical, so I am stuck with limited options. I have enough Agent Kallus to have it at level 3, but *zero* Yogar Lyste :(

On another note, I'm a boba-using scrub and I'm leading the guild tower-kill board! Get on it y'all! I'm doing all 2v2 so that I rank up the guild without stressing about my individual rank.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ready for this week's leader usage results?

REBEL ALLIANCE

Tier 1
Cassian Andor - 30%
Han Solo - 21%

Tier 2
Sabine Wren - 13%
Luke Skywalker - 11%

Tier 3
Bodhi Rook - 6%
Jyn Erso - 6%

Tier 4
Lando Calrissian - 5%
Ezra Bridger - 4%
Baze Malbus - 3%
Leia Organa - 3%

Tier 5
Hera Syndulla - 0%

GALACTIC EMPIRE

Tier 1
Admiral Thrawn - 21%
Agent Kallus - 19%

Tier 2
Darth Vader - 15%
Grand Moff Tarkin - 14%

Tier 3
Director Krennic - 10%
Boba Fett - 7%

Tier 4
Dengar - 5%
Grand Inquisitor - 5%
Seventh Sister - 5%

Tier 5
Bossk - 1%
Emperor Palpatine - 1%

BIGGEST WINNERS
Sabine Wren - +5%
Admiral Thrawn - +3%

BIGGEST LOSERS
Darth Vader - -6%
Han Solo - -4%
Dengar - -3%

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've always thought Sabine was good.

Now there's numbers that (sorta?) validate my assumption.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I mean there's always caveats with that kind of data, the main one being that I just pull current deck stats from the leaderboard at a given time on Sunday evening, so I may be picking up some people's 2v2 casual decks or whatnot. But I think it's fair to say that Sabine is quite strong - she's definitely the best kill pressure leader on the Rebel side, and suicides pretty comparably to Luke and aggro Han

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007
I'm finding suicide Hans the most frustrating opponent lately.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Come get your wacky concept art Starkiller and Vader for logging in on the Star War holiday!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unless I'm missing something 40th Vader seems waaaaay better than 40th Luke.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So they dont get uniques and its going to be near impossible to get either one above level 2 if they're actually limited time only deals? The heck?

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
apped as Grimankh

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Applied to OldGoonpublic. Sup goons?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Im not the one who accepts peeps but welcome! Now destroy all the towers you can and get me a legend card

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im not the one who accepts peeps but welcome! Now destroy all the towers you can and get me a legend card

Well see that's why there is that new pack in the store for 500 crystals so you can get more than one or the other

for a limited time of course and only for :10bux:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
All joking aside this is really one of the least painful f2p systems I've run into, you get the good stuff fairly often.

Blacksofa
Apr 6, 2010
So I''ve got like 3000 crystals..should I dump them all into the 40th packs seeing how Vader is pretty OP?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

All joking aside this is really one of the least painful f2p systems I've run into, you get the good stuff fairly often.

It's especially considering it's based off the Clash Royal system like every other mobile game is right now. But i feel like with Force Arena you get way more stuff per free pack than you ever did in Clash. While i have spent some money on my way up to where i am now i basically only did it because i ran out of credits back when the game wasen't so generous with them i needed the boost.

I feel like with Clash Royale after a certain point you NEED to spend money simply because if you go strictly off the free chests you won't have the variety of super powerful units needed to keep climbing. The "soft cap" on units is much higher in Force Arena and while card levels do matter, you can make up card level disadvantage with good micro of your hero.

Unless of course you're a level 2 Han fighting against a level 5 Vader, than you might as well just bend over and take it, let the whale has his fun and move on :v:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Blacksofa posted:

So I''ve got like 3000 crystals..should I dump them all into the 40th packs seeing how Vader is pretty OP?

If you're dead set on having 40th vader at level 3 sure why not. Just beware the devs aren't afraid to nerf dudes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I dont think he's that op though, especially against heroes who try to avoid dying.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

40th Vader is way overpowered. Someone forgot to playtest.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's us, we're all playtesting him.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
So I just started playing again recently for the 40th anniversary thing after taking a long hiatus. I left right around the time the generator heal dudes and the dewback came out. In T5 Chromium, the goonpublic guild, and on the 13th mission. Besides the guild improvements, what have I missed? I'm seeing a lot of new cards and wondering if any of them standouts. Also wondering what are other good sources of info besides here. I'm aware of the reddit page and the Youtubers Glutenslayer and Trademark; but I haven't really delved deep into those.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I take it back 40th vader is annoying as hell

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

odinson posted:

So I just started playing again recently for the 40th anniversary thing after taking a long hiatus. I left right around the time the generator heal dudes and the dewback came out. In T5 Chromium, the goonpublic guild, and on the 13th mission. Besides the guild improvements, what have I missed? I'm seeing a lot of new cards and wondering if any of them standouts. Also wondering what are other good sources of info besides here. I'm aware of the reddit page and the Youtubers Glutenslayer and Trademark; but I haven't really delved deep into those.

Other than the healers the new units really aren't anything to exciting because the majority of them are just a mirror unit for the other side (the demolishionist is just the rebel version of the rocket trooper, death troopers are the imp equivelent of Pathfinder) i think the new rebel Boomerang guy is pretty okay, and the new imp Heavy Tank is pretty terrible.

If you want some more Youtubers to check out, try President Awall, he hasen't posted anything new in a while but he really gets indepth with the strategy behind his decks and shows very good gameplay.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007
I now have a couple leaders I could raise to level 3, and no associated uniques :(

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

I lost like 4 games in a row to some input lag so I got annoyed and took a break, but I'm back now. Think I'm going to just try and push with Bossk until I hit a wall.

Bossk L2
IG 88 L1
Bladesmen L11
Sandtrooper L11
Stormtrooper L11
TIE Fighter L11
Rocket Trooper L9
Light Vehicle L6

Been tweaking the deck and this seems to be the best. Don't need a stun grenade because of his ability, and this has a good mix of AOE, straight up fight, and splitpush.

Kyber is still 1300 points away though....

odinson posted:

I'm seeing a lot of new cards and wondering if any of them standouts.

Zabrak Assassins can be a lot of fun in the right deck. For 4 energy they don't push towers well though. Boomerang guy is cool too, especially if you get him hasted.

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 8, 2017

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Applied for OldGoonpublic as Iggy88. Level 11 with a passion for shooting spacemen.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm also looking at this game again. Had 500 crystals sitting in my account, so I bought the Vader/Luke pack, young Vader seems pretty good.

What troops are good right now?

What guilds have space?

PS if anyone wants stuff added to the OP, now's your chance

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 17, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think we only have one guild now: Theoldgoonpublic

Dunno what troops are good, the old good ones are still good and the new ones are mostly just mirror units that one side or another was lacking. The Rogue One big tank on the imperial side is bad though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think we only have one guild now: Theoldgoonpublic

Dunno what troops are good, the old good ones are still good and the new ones are mostly just mirror units that one side or another was lacking. The Rogue One big tank on the imperial side is bad though.

So...walker mirror that the Republic needed? That's cool. I'm still running around with my level 4 walkers and it's great.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The Bantha is more of a walker mirror but it's not exactly the same, I think it's weaker but a little dude jumps off it when it dies (he sucks and never does anything)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
FYI Balance changes hit a little bit ago:

40th vader got nerfed significantly, Hans mines have higher respawn time now, Hera's unique got dropped down in cost, and for some reason they took a bat to rebel pathfinders :confused:

quote:

Galactic Empire

40th Anniversary Vader
40th Anniversary Vader has essentially dominated the current meta, with 40th Vader appearing in a large percentage of games. We have found that his heal ability may have been a little too strong at release, and will be toning the percentage of HP recovered down a fraction.

▶Regeneration
HP recovery amount decreased from 30% to 20%
▶Hit Points
Hit Points reduced from 1190 to 1134

Rebel Alliance

Han Solo
We are taking a second look at Han Solo’s mines. Han Solo exceeds at controlling the map in ways which other Leaders cannot. Mines often lead to a significant amount of damage, and their low cool down means that there is the possibility of creating a lane which just cannot be pushed into. We will be increasing the cool down time of the mines slightly, and will continue to monitor their performance.

▶ Mine
Cool down time increased from 22 Seconds to 25 Seconds

Chopper
Chopper’s ability is incredible, and when used at the right time, chopper can seriously change the flow of battle. The main issue with Chopper is his cost is slightly too high when considering the rest of his kit. We will be reducing his cost in order to give Chopper more of a chance in Rebel Decks.

▶Energy Requirement
Energy requirement reduced from 3 to 2
▶Hit Points
Hit points increased from 838 to 880

Rebel Pathfinder
The Rebel Pathfinder is having its power reduced slightly.

▶Hit Points
Hit points reduced from 230 to 220
▶Attack Power
Attack Power reduced from 60 to 57

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I applied to oldgoonpublic as StickyBee if anyone still plays

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man it's like they didn't even play test 40 Vader even a little bit before they gave him to everyone.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Pathfinders are so drat good for only 3 energy i'm suprised it took this long to nerf them. Not even considering Cassians range buff, they can do a ton of damage on their own and they tanky enough to be a big problem if left unchecked. Even when deployed as part of a mob of enemies they will survive a TIE strafing run, and i don't enjoy the prospect of dropping a 4 energy Bomber card just to deal with 3 energy worth of units.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I joined a pub guild a while back when they implemented the guild rewards. We've hit at least tier 9 each week on the rewards if anyone wants in on the last few spots.

Guild: ForceLightning
discord: yes
40 turrets a week min

currently at 44/50

message me on here if you want in, i'll add any goons

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Oh god what happened to theoldgoonpublic? I can't find it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Noun Verber posted:

Oh god what happened to theoldgoonpublic? I can't find it.

It exists? I'm not sure why you're unable to find it, though.

Drop the THE from OldGoonpublic when you search?

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
I'm dumb and gay. Applied as TwoTonTeuton

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
Applied to OldGoonpublic as Aphelion7K
E: and thatsnogoon, given that the OldGoonpublic application seems to be going nowhere

MorphineMike fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ok wtf is up with the new units are they cool or what

I like the look of the rainbow squad or whatever for the rebs but they seem too expensive. Also I took too long of a break from this game and now I get my rear end kicked every time.

• Locked thread