Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

literally not even trying to play when i have to play imperial games for quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think the Empire struggle is real, but overstated. But then again I have thrawn, palpatine, an l2 ATST, and l7 regular troopers. Also you must MUUUST be ready and willing to toss a rocket trooper at the ignored lane and pray your opponent just ignore him.

Edit: And it's realer against Cassian, that's for sure.

Edit2: Does anyone know if the end of season pack is Hearthstone style where they count the highest tier you reached all season or is it for whatever tier you're currently at? I reached 4 but I'm dubious as to whether I can stay there.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 19, 2017

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I think that's the problem really, as empire you gotta use tactics and have a bit of luck to win, as rebels you just spam poo poo and win by attrition.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mazreal posted:

I think that's the problem really, as empire you gotta use tactics and have a bit of luck to win, as rebels you just spam poo poo and win by attrition.

the only imperial to beat me so far as cassian is palpy bot. makes u think.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Requested join to SArlaccPits as TocoocoT

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i only beat bad rebels

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Palps have had a good showing agaisnt my scrubby Cassian but the guy I fear the most is a well played Inquisitor deck. I played a couple that crashed into me with AT-STs, Eighth Brother and Tie Bombers and I didn't know what the gently caress.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Game is good.

Applied to thatsnogoon as teapotdictator

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I got killed dead by a few imperials tonight but one had a level 4 ATST so its hard to be mad about that

Also pulled one of those force arena plat packs from a victory, takes 18 hours to open with no premium booster lmao.

Edit: debating tossing 20 bucks at the game just to sit on a decent amount of gold for a while but im also predicting that the game gets less fun as you level up and play against more people who know whats going on.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 19, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I just played my first couple games with Luke and holy hell is that little bastard FAST. I think melee would be in much better shape if they all moved that quickly. Also, I think my Old Ben turned 2 enemy tanks that were stacked on top of one another? Unless I am mistaken, I swear I saw it happen.

Oh yeah, does anyone know what tiers get what packs at the end of the season? Or how long these seasons last? Are they even called seasons?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo that Ezra mission requiring 10 Empire 2v2 games...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

Oh yeah, does anyone know what tiers get what packs at the end of the season? Or how long these seasons last? Are they even called seasons?

The seasons appear to last like a week, or at least the first one does, and I am Durasteel Tier 3 3* or whatever like 700 points and my reward appears to be a Unique/Legendary pack

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Leader changes happening on 1/20:

quote:

▶ Captain Cassian Andor

- His very long range normal attack and his strong leadership has made Captain Cassian Andor a very strong Rebel Leader. He ended up being stronger than our original intention, so we feel that a change was in order. He will still be a long distance sniper character, but we are adjusting his stats to make him a little more manageable than he was previously.

l Attack Range decreased 13 ▶ 11
l After Attacking, animation delay decreased by around 30%. This will allow you to move slightly quicker after attacking
l Attack Power against Leader/Squad decreased 145 ▶ 131
l Attack Power against Buildings decreased 78 ▶ 66

▶ Director Orson Krennic

- Director Orson Krennic is the first ranged leader that is given to the Galactic Empire. Developing a team for him to allow his Special Ability to shine is incredibly difficult as it means that you have to be losing in order for it to work. This makes it harder to use in comparison to other Special Abilities. Therefore, we are raising his stats to allow him to be played effectively, without taking a hit to his towers.

l Attack Range increased 6.5 ▶ 7
l Attack Speed decreased 0.76s ▶ 0.7s
l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 25s ▶ 22s

▶ Emperor Palpatine

- We have made a slight change to Palpatine by giving him a small boost. The following changes should allow him to be a formidable foe.

l Special Ability lasts longer 15s ▶ 18s
l Special Ability boost Attack Power more 14% ▶ 15%
l Skill Cooldown Time decreased 36s ▶ 32s

▶ Jyn Erso

-Jyn Erso is a character who has a different style compared to other Leaders. As she is capable in both melee or ranged, she requires quite a lot of skill to play effectively. To help her perform a little better than she has been, the following changes will be made.

l Skill Power increased 400% ▶ 475%

▶ Sabine Wren
- Sabine Wren has incredible movement speed with a great skill kit. We have been incredibly impressed with her impact, however we feel that her special ability is a little too strong, especially when paired with the Unstable GNK Droid (This trauma will most likely effect Empire Players for a long time). We are making a small change on her special ability, and will continue to monitor her performance.

l Special Ability stat decreased 25% ▶ 20%

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Honestly, Tie Fighter costing 3 changes SO MUCH.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is it just me are are the season rewards pretty meh between tiers?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

"Cassian Andor: barely nerfed but we did something so shut up" lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
One pack? I guess. I only get a cardback, some blue dust and maybe a gold card from Hearthstone every month if I give it my best go. At least this is every 2 weeks. That's waaaaaay down my list of f2p poo poo I don't like about this game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I AM THE MOON posted:

"Cassian Andor: barely nerfed but we did something so shut up" lol

They nerfed his damage and range... I'd say they addressed it.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

he still outranges turrets and now kites better

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

One pack? I guess. I only get a cardback, some blue dust and maybe a gold card from Hearthstone every month if I give it my best go. At least this is every 2 weeks. That's waaaaaay down my list of f2p poo poo I don't like about this game.

Yea it's not a giant complaint. It's more just tier 6 to tier 7 gives you +20 crystals and +3 epics and that's it (Oh wait +200 gold!). I am I understanding it right that only tier 7 will have their rating points reduced at the end?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's true but you also get a better caliber of victory packs (maybe others?) for being a higher tier too as you go along. That's really the major reason I gave any poo poo about tier.

Edit: I feel dirty, I'm the highest tiered dude in the random guild I joined and just hit player level 8.

Edit2: The time delay on packs and the way they try to nudge you into opening lovely ones to open a slot for a victory pack is ridiculous. Even with the premium booster the times on them is super hosed and the main reason I don't actually want to give them money is that I'm sure I'll be sitting around opening bronze packs with them like a fool. Especially now that I know they'll drop a platinum pack on you now and then lol.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2017

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
We can make room in thatsnogoon if you want, there are a few people that have already stopped playing. Could always use more people for 2v2 stomping.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'll join up sooner or later, I'm just lazy and trying not to play so much that I hit the f2p painwall all the time.

If you're able to invite rather than just accept applications my username is ih8sand

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Just applied for the SArlaccPits as orochinem0

Not a huge MOBA player, but this is holding my interest. Just about done with my Special missions, though!

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'll join up sooner or later, I'm just lazy and trying not to play so much that I hit the f2p painwall all the time.

If you're able to invite rather than just accept applications my username is ih8sand

Can't invite but it won't take long to get you in. Up to you.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Jyn buff!! My boo is going to be even better

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The game actually says you can't join another guild for 3 hours after you quit one of them lmao

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
applying to SAlaccpits as PyronicEX

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
applied to sarlacc

B1GGY
Aug 22, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

As someone who mains Palpatine and is almost always facing Cassian, this news made my day.

I didn't think Palpatine needed a boost, I've never had a problem whooping rear end with him, but poo poo, I'll take it.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
I picked up Sabine from my special missions since they were nerfing Cassian hard and barely nerfing her and she is loving awesome. I haven't lost once with her, or even come close really. This is with a very under leveled GNK and only passable sniper. Stun grenade is also nuts.

Before I got her I was playing mostly Inquisitor and doing pretty well, except the one time I went against Cassian. I'm assuming he's much more prevalent at higher tiers and my strategy wouldn't work against him, I'm still slumming it down in tier 3.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Got Jyn out of a pack. She's pretty decent, what with having both ranged and melee attacks, plus that sweet tech roll when you double tap.

Still waiting on my mission leader reward...

B1GGY
Aug 22, 2004

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Got Jyn out of a pack. She's pretty decent, what with having both ranged and melee attacks, plus that sweet tech roll when you double tap.

Still waiting on my mission leader reward...

Yeah I've enjoyed Jyn quite a bit too. I have a primarily low-cost ranged deck for her, and no matter how poo poo my teammate is, I can almost always tie it up fairly quickly on my own thanks to her special. Not to mention how sweet it is when you see an opposing leader running back to base and you quick roll into position and snipe their rear end from off screen. Almost always gets a "Wow!" or Vader face. :xd:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PROTIP: When doing Vader Mission 3 (the one where you need to wipe out 50 rebel leaders in 2v2 matches) use Boba Fett if you have him. He gets a 12% bonus damage agaisnt leaders. Tool him out with Energy Net, Dioxis Grenades, Laser and Infantry Turrets, TIE Bomber, TIE Fighter and Slave 1.

Put down as many turrets as you can. Wait for them to rush you, because they always do. Cue up either a Bomber, Slave 1, or Dioxis with the Energy Net. Trap their leader with the Net and when they're stuck drop a your choice of combo on them. Shoot em to finish them off if they're not already toast.

You'll probably lose the match overall but who cares, you'll rack leader kill after leader kill doing this. My highest was 10 in one match because Lukes can't stop rushing you regardless of how many times you slay them.

Made getting this daunting mission goal super easy.

Slar
Apr 24, 2013
Applied to SArlaccPits as Gornz

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The thought of living through however crazy long those last two respawns must have been for them is harrowing.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

I picked up Sabine from my special missions since they were nerfing Cassian hard and barely nerfing her and she is loving awesome. I haven't lost once with her, or even come close really. This is with a very under leveled GNK and only passable sniper. Stun grenade is also nuts.

Before I got her I was playing mostly Inquisitor and doing pretty well, except the one time I went against Cassian. I'm assuming he's much more prevalent at higher tiers and my strategy wouldn't work against him, I'm still slumming it down in tier 3.

Sabine has been my favorite, i have cassian but hes just so slow and I was really missing sabine's passive. You can tear up a turret in one gonk droid and a few shots. ive ended 1v1 matches in like 10 seconds just by zerg rushing one lane into the base.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

notes look very good, excited for the future of this game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

poo poo. I got about half way through the last Vader mission with pre nerf Cassian and pre nerf Gigoran before the patch server maintenance kicked me off.

50 turrets/shield-gen is alot to take out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
applied to SArlaccpits as Phyresis

I just got Brother Eight so I'ma try to make Inquisitor work. Imps should be a bit better after today's patch but I still think there might be a gap. The main thing you need to keep in mind as an Imperial player is that your poo poo tends to cost more so if you make a mistake and waste a unit that's like five energy gone. Your mistakes punish you harder but you get better units

• Locked thread