Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I played this a bunch today, its silly and fun but f2p is poo poo I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Bodhi (defector pilot from rogue one who gives vehicles and dropped turrets 20% extra health) and a level 2 tank have carried me to 700 pts pretty much on their own. I take breaks to use Thrawn now and again too.

I love causing a ruckus on one lane and sending a rocket trooper or reb tank down the other.

I got Ezra bridgers unique guy but idk if he's worth changing anyone out for and I dont love ezra either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wish I had a higher level Gronk droid. Sending him at a turret with any decent HP character in front of him is a death sentence for turrets.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Are there any benefits to being in a guild besides the chat window and friendly matches? I joined some random one in case it gave any resource benefits but so far I gots nothing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol yeah, keep an eye on which cards you're close on upgrading as you go through those missions.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh, yeah it might be that I remember a screen like that but I've also never x'd out of "pick one of these" screen without picking.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have Ezra + Unique and don't really get what his deal is. Ezra has a weird unique movement thing where he dashes/jumps in when you make him run, his main attack is saber but after a few hits he jumps back and shoots his gun and then stands around and gets shot a bunch. His unique guy is supposed to deflect blaster fire but I've never seen him do it.

All in all I think we could all do...

:smugdog:

Better than Ezra

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My username in this is Ih8sand and gently caress everyone who doesn't thumbs up my name after a game

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CaptainAssholay posted:

Anyone been able to build an empire deck that doesn't suck? Even with at-st I lose all my matches no matter the approach I take. I feel like Empire is just poo poo compared to rebels.

idk about the deck specifically, but I feel like my empire decks all live and die based on what happens when I drop rocket trooper or ATST on the lane that isn't being focused on and how I can take advantage of it. And Thrawn is the only hero I've had much success with (really like how he summons stormtroopers while shooting). Empire also seems to need more proper placement between long and short attackers, they fall apart harder and faster when you get into situations where you're just tapping cards to pop out of your hero or tossing them as far forward as you can.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Made it to tier 4 with Ezra Bridger + L2 Kannus. Finally figured out his gimmick: play hard as hell until you get under 40% life, then immediately RUN THE FUUUUCK AWAY and stay away. He does a Palpatine-like flipdash when you ask him to run so if you plan it right its not that hard to get away.

All his dudes get plus 10% attack speed when he's under that much life.

Kannus is just a wookie warrior but if he runs into any group of laser shooters (especially the stormtroopers who pour damage on one target) he deflects lasers back at them like Luke and slays them.

My latest mission gives me another Ezra card too so that will be fun.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Boozie posted:

Does the thrawn buff just apply to people near him the tooltip doesnt say.

Only near him and you want to wait a second after spawning people to hit it because it wont take unless theyre able to move or something. Weird timing.

I like thrawn a lot, it's a lot of fun to just hang on the edges and potshot people in the hopes that you poop out troopers.

Edit: I desperately want his unique lady, anything that gives energy seems pretty great. Lando's special giving a few energy when you use it is almost better than its main use.

I got Leia's unique too and I want to make a gronk focussed deck for them. A faster walking gronk has to be worth it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 18, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What does Cassians unique card do? Do I even want to know?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

tadashi posted:

I just installed the game. Can someone give me guidelines for what upgrades to make early on/standard team builds for starting out?

There are lots of "guides" but I'm kind of looking for "Upgrade these units first, don't worry about upgrading these things right away" kind of help.

Upgrading depends on what cards you pull plus a little gold so just upgrade whatever you can, you should have enough gold for a good long time if you're just starting. I think the only thing I wish I had paid attention to was the OP thing where gold matters a lot more than crystals overall, spend a bit of crystals on gold if you can. For me, I just upgrade any cards I actually play and don't hate but that's mostly because I'm trying to conserve gold now. I haven't really liked to use grenades/deployables so far so I've got like 60 cards sitting on a level 1 net/trap thing.

If you're looking at the "shop" and wondering if you should buy a bunch of a certain cards to upgrade one of them then I'd say keep an eye out for your regular troopers, anyone who has an advantage against vehicles/at-st, droppable turrets. Just spread the love between anti-troop, anti-group, anti-vehicle and anti-high-HP without droppping too much on any certain type and/or cards that generally do the same job. If you happen to luck into being able to upgrade any purple cards then go ahead and do that and then lightly build your deck around them. Like for instance I've pulled enough of the Rebel tanks to make that a level 3 and I have a hero that boosts the HP on tanks and turrets so I pick cards that can do stuff like pull focus off of them/run ahead of them.

All in all what you get to upgrade is kind of a crapshoot so just upgrade what you can and try to massage your deck to include as many of your upgraded units as you can without skewing too heavily in any certain direction. Troop levels don't matter quiiiite as much as the rock paper scissors aspects of how they interact, but they're still pretty important.

You should also play through the "missions" asap. Doing them after you hit the f2p painwall is kind of a bitch.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 18, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think the Empire struggle is real, but overstated. But then again I have thrawn, palpatine, an l2 ATST, and l7 regular troopers. Also you must MUUUST be ready and willing to toss a rocket trooper at the ignored lane and pray your opponent just ignore him.

Edit: And it's realer against Cassian, that's for sure.

Edit2: Does anyone know if the end of season pack is Hearthstone style where they count the highest tier you reached all season or is it for whatever tier you're currently at? I reached 4 but I'm dubious as to whether I can stay there.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 19, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I got killed dead by a few imperials tonight but one had a level 4 ATST so its hard to be mad about that

Also pulled one of those force arena plat packs from a victory, takes 18 hours to open with no premium booster lmao.

Edit: debating tossing 20 bucks at the game just to sit on a decent amount of gold for a while but im also predicting that the game gets less fun as you level up and play against more people who know whats going on.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 19, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
One pack? I guess. I only get a cardback, some blue dust and maybe a gold card from Hearthstone every month if I give it my best go. At least this is every 2 weeks. That's waaaaaay down my list of f2p poo poo I don't like about this game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's true but you also get a better caliber of victory packs (maybe others?) for being a higher tier too as you go along. That's really the major reason I gave any poo poo about tier.

Edit: I feel dirty, I'm the highest tiered dude in the random guild I joined and just hit player level 8.

Edit2: The time delay on packs and the way they try to nudge you into opening lovely ones to open a slot for a victory pack is ridiculous. Even with the premium booster the times on them is super hosed and the main reason I don't actually want to give them money is that I'm sure I'll be sitting around opening bronze packs with them like a fool. Especially now that I know they'll drop a platinum pack on you now and then lol.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'll join up sooner or later, I'm just lazy and trying not to play so much that I hit the f2p painwall all the time.

If you're able to invite rather than just accept applications my username is ih8sand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The game actually says you can't join another guild for 3 hours after you quit one of them lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The thought of living through however crazy long those last two respawns must have been for them is harrowing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Treat the ATST like a giant gronk or just a nice distraction imo. Its a nasty drop way up lane when you have one of their turrets down.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I feel like every time I play I'll win once with my deck giving me a very decent rhythm of cards and I'll think "Ok, think I've got what I want here" and then the next game or so I'll get rolled while staring at cards I don't want and I'm like fuuuuuuck I did it all wrooooooong. I really want to make Thrawn work and I think that electric net thing is the way to go.

I now have a Bodhi deck with a L4 tank, L7 regular turret and a L2 mortar turret. It's a 2v2 monster, but all rebel decks are 2v2 monsters so whatever I guess.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
idk I haven't ever felt like I had to choose between upgrading one thing or another, and you're almost sure to need copies of cards more than credits when upgrading. What did you spend the money on?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hmmm, yeah that's probably the one time. And yes you should cash in crystals for credits.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I, uh, take back my earlier sentiment about the Empire struggle being overstated. Had to play 10 2v2's for a mission and ended up with 2 draws and one win against a decent variety of Rebel heroes. Starting to see more Han Solos. I'm addicted to low tier poo poo in every pvp game I play and I hate waiting 5 mins for a match so I really want to make Empire work but I've got my 2nd Ezra Bridger card now and I want to upgrade it. Here's hoping they get the balance shaped up a bit more soon.

Other observations:

Grenades and nets and poo poo do not seem worth it. Especially when you're upgrading for an extra .1 seconds of use :rolleyes: I haven't used them all but poison and the electric net seem most useful out of them all.

I have level 8 stormtroopers and they still feel like wet paper against everything.

I've started trying to replace TIE strikes with Probe droids but I feel like they still need a backup option to help bolster against big groups and I'm not sure about this. On the plus side probe droids also act as a sort of wookie warrior option when you're not suiciding them into groups.

Broken Gronk droid is still my waifu

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ImperialGuard posted:

I claimed my play pack for the day before this timed quest chain thing needed me to claim it. Did I gently caress myself out of getting a freebie Cassian forever? That's dumb.

I guess I'll apply to one of the guilds as IGSA.

No, it'll just pop the next time you get one if it's a play pack. You can earn two in a day and then a 24hr timer starts until you can do it again.

The real fun is when it asks you to do something like "open a rebel grenadier card" and then they miraculously don't give you one for 3 days lmao.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The tank being fast doesn't really seem like a great trade off. How fast does it need to be when you're spawning it as far forward as you can and it's in range of a turret in about 2 more steps?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Had a streak of fighting bad Boba Fetts just now for whatever reason. But at least they helped me go up to Tier 3 and get Lando! At first glance he doesn't seem like he's a good as Han though.

Getting a guaranteed power boost out of your special is crazy good

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

RFC2324 posted:

I bet one of them was me :v:

btw, who is the rebel hero with a lightsaber and a gun? gently caress that guy.

Ezra Bridger :cool: his units get a permanent attack speed bonus when he's under 40% so he's like a Suicide Luke who gets to chicken out, he even has a special attack and a dash move that help him run the gently caress away. His unique is basically a wookie warrior with Lukes deflection skill.

Edit: I think he's my favorite rebel hero that I have overall but I also have high level tank and turret that makes Bodhi (gives them +20% health) kind of irresistable.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 26, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Im on vader now and I want to cry

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I finally remembered to quit my other guild so I'd also appreciate advice on which one to join now

2v2 felt pretty even last night, empire getting its poo poo together?

I'm waffling on spending money, all its gonna do is put me in a higher tier where people care more than I do and you get free poo poo at a decent pace for someone who only plays a bit past the play packs everyday.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'll try that one tonight.

Keep an eye out for ih8sand

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What happens when you dc? I feel like I came back from one not looking too terrible either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
yeah I've thought for a while that Thrawns' special stuff is kind of neat for implying that he's a tactical guy who retreats when he needs to and gets stronger the longer he can keep the game up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I want his unique so drat bad. I have a feeling anything that adds energy is the poo poo. Even Bodhi's 50/50 chance of getting a little with his fast recharging ability feels good.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
wins and losses make your number go up and down, and the tiers are...

1 0~99
2 100~399
3 400~899
4 900~1899
5 1900~3399
6 3400~5599
7 5600+

Edit: I haven't spent any money but I think I could probably make it to 5 if I really buckled down and/or teamed up with a goon and coordinated.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 27, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Ok applied to thatsnogoon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Relentless posted:

So, I just started and I noticed it gave me enough free crystals to get the hero/unique pair card sale for 1250.

Is this a trap? Should I just turn my crystals into 50K credits?

Having 50k credits is good. Packs still seem unneeded at the price they put on them and your time/crystals are better spent opening up bronze packs to free up slots for more victory packs which drop silver/gold packs on you semi-regularly and are capable of giving you even better than that. The best deal for heroes is trading them in for another one. You can never "lose" them so just trade in copies of ones you're pretty sure you're not going to use, the only downside is that if you do end up liking them later you'll have to find 2 copies to upgrade them. Credits are also nice to have when the store serves up a card you're real close to upgrading, or when you have a quest that says "get this many cards".

Edit: imo the most effective thing I'm seeing lately is mass unit attacks where at least 1 of them is capable of eating an AOE attack and still moving. If a hero knows they can pull this off and pushes to a tower right away it's hard to come back from. Knowing you R/P/S match ups and having them at the right time is still king tho.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 30, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I threw 20 bucks at this game because my wife started getting into it too. I don't really feel like Tier chasing though so I'm just sitting on it to open bronze packs and make sure my pile of credits is big.

I've got a level 2 Ezra Bridger now though so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've had her for a while but never really noticed her doing much. I got Nien Nunb yesterday though so i think I'm gonna re-form Leia's all cheap units all the time approach to Lando. I have both Ezra and his unique jedi guy at level 2 now :getin: buuuuuuuuut I think I get matched up with a lot of L2-3 heroes when I play with him so :getout:

I really dig Lando's special because it's so brainless. Shuffling your deck has like zero consequences in this game, if you've got a unit you really need to use right away it's never gonna be a tank or anything that expensive and you get free energy out of the deal too.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 31, 2017

• Locked thread