Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
1. Falcons (feel gross saying this tbh)
2. Steelers
3. Packers
4. Patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

please abolish this boring-rear end conference

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs need to really change their interior OL. It's 3 small guys that are okay at Andys beloved screen game but absolutely suck at creating any push in the run game. Just need 1 big violent guard like Marshal Yanda or DeCastro

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Dang. I get pretty riled up during football games but I've never considered like... breaking things.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Fire Jerry Jones, Texans vs Cowboys, Another Wasted Season while poo poo Cleveland and Chicago wins championships, Derek Carr could've been a Texan, Unclutch Cowboys Rockets Are also Wasting the Regular Season and will lose in the playoffs and Baylor too probably go my teams

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Look at the Chargers and Jets sneaking in appearances.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I am glad the Chiefs lost, but I hate Tom Brady and Ben Rothelisberger.

But most of all, I know have an extreme personal vendetta against Aaron Rodgers, Mason Crosby, and whatever loving ref (correctly) over ruled the line judge's decision.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs need to really change their interior OL. It's 3 small guys that are okay at Andys beloved screen game but absolutely suck at creating any push in the run game. Just need 1 big violent guard like Marshal Yanda or DeCastro

I think that's what they were hoping Ben Grubbs was going to be for them last year, but he hosed his neck up and had to retire IIRC.

But yeah. I honestly never heard of the guy who plays RG for you guys before tonight.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Durandal1707 posted:

But yeah. I honestly never heard of the guy who plays RG for you guys before tonight.

He's a Canadian who's about to finish medical school. Heads not in playbook, body isn't in weight room adding muscle and power, etc

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Falcons I hate your loving guts but if you beat GB next week please do not poo poo the loving bed in the SB. Please.

Christ why couldn't Carr have made it to the playoffs, this could have been avoidable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
1. Falcons

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH
2. Patriots :gonk:
3. Packers :barf: :barf: :barf:
4. :suicide:

nopants
May 29, 2004
i'd like to thank the chiefs for making it clear they deserved to lose by allowing houston to get matched up against brown in a do or die situation. why have your best pass rusher you gave dump trucks of cash to rush the qb actually rush the qb when he could drop back in coverage and get schooled by antonio brown?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Dear Chiefs Fans: You are again at peak Andy Reid. Every postseason you make will end this way for as long as he is your coach. If that is good enough, then enjoy. I probably sound sarcastic, but I mean it, there is a lot to be said for how good a season you had.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

razorscooter posted:

So I guess the question is, can the Falcons or the Packers beat the Pats? they probably can't lmao

The way they've been playing, the Falcons and the Packers would both beat the Pats. The Pats defense looks pretty bad, frankly. Whatever team comes out of the NFC is going to be lethal hot.

Of course, Belichick with two weeks to plan...Yeesh. Go Steelers I guess.

corn on the cop posted:

Christ. The AFC is revolting.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hey lets get a 7th Ring while just winning another Stanley Cup. gently caress yeah

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Look at the Chargers and Jets sneaking in appearances.

I'm still surprised the Patriots didn't completely blow the doors off the Chargers in that game, given that they had done exactly that in week 2 of that year and that San Diego's four best players were injured for the AFCCG.

gently caress Mike Vrabel, leg whipping piece of poo poo.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
What a great game. Good exciting football, Alex Smith plays well, and the Steelers win anyway.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I wish the AFL had never merged with the NFL. We'd still have the Steelers but they'd have been blown out in the NFC.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mina Kimes is the best

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Someone summarize the Chiefs/Steekers game. Please pay special as attention to any foibles with Andy Reid's clock management and whatever Eric Fisher did.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is that kermit with a pokeball

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

shirts and skins posted:

Christ. The AFC is revolting.

AFC Conference Championship appearances (since 2003):

New England: 10 (Y'all suck rear end for this)
Pittsburgh: 5
Indianapolis: 4
Denver: 3
Baltimore: 3
New York: 2
San Diego: 1

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

Mina Kimes is the best

Her and Katie Nolan own

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Morse started off the season playing awful, but finished off with more solid play.

Ldt could stand to be replaced and Fulton isn't playing if Ehringer didn't land on the IR after the Colts game. They should draft a RG in the mid rounds.

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007
At least seAttle is out.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Crotch Fruit posted:

But most of all, I know have an extreme personal vendetta against [...] whatever loving ref (correctly) over ruled the line judge's decision.

Even if that hadn't happened, Green Bay still had a timeout and would've challenged it. The video was clear-cut and would've led to an overturned call anyway. That ref didn't really impact the result, in other words.

corn on the cop posted:

Over the last 14 seasons, the AFC championship game has featured the following:

- 10 Patriots appearances
- 5 Steelers appearances
- 4 Colts appearances
- 3 Broncos appearances
- 3 Ravens appearances
- 2 Jets appearances
- 1 Chargers appearance

The Bengals, Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, Texans, and Titans have not made a single appearance. Goddamn.

By comparison over the same time period, the NFC:

- 4 Packers appearances
- 3 49ers appearances
- 3 Eagles appearances
- 3 Falcons appearances
- 3 Panthers appearances
- 3 Seahawks appearances
- 2 Bears appearances
- 2 Cardinals appearances
- 2 Giants appearances
- 2 Saints appearances
- 1 Vikings appearance

The Buccaneers, Cowboys, Lions, Rams, and Redskins are the only teams who have not made an NFC championship appearance during that span. Incredibly, if you push it back another two years, both the Bucs and the Rams did make appearances (and won!). People complain about Packers bullshit, but when it comes down to the playoffs, nobody touches New England.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 16, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Petite Dinklage posted:

Someone summarize the Chiefs/Steekers game. Please pay special as attention to any foibles with Andy Reid's clock management and whatever Eric Fisher did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQ9VfzvDcg

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

The Buccaneers, Lions, Rams, and Redskins are the only teams who have not made an NFC championship appearance during that span

Hmmmm, I think you are missing someone from the NFC East in that list.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

that's a man who knows his priorities

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

surf rock posted:

People complain about Packers bullshit, but when it comes down to the playoffs, nobody touches New England.

it's almost as if.. "bullshit" = "being good".. and the "people" are "haters"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Agreed go Hawks.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Good Will Hrunting posted:

True, but once Rodgers is gone the Packers will start to suck

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Super Fan posted:

True, but once Rodgers is gone the Packers will start to suck

lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually the bullshit is that the AFC is filled with retarded teams run by rich sons of former owners who are poo poo at everything in life except being born so you have 3 good teams and the one that plays in the most garbage conference ends up getting easy paths to the conference championship game every year where it's a coin flip if they win or not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

They will suck but still win the north.

Happy?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the bullshit is that the AFC is filled with retarded teams run by rich sons of former owners who are poo poo at everything in life except being born so you have 3 good teams and the one that plays in the most garbage conference ends up getting easy paths to the conference championship game every year where it's a coin flip if they win or not.

This Bernie fella...?? He would have won, my friend.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Anyone else catch that terrible Steelers defense and awful special teams win them a playoff game?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Packers v Cowboys 01/15/17: Reaction of a Cowboys fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96uOlG3D7sY&feature=youtu.be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Lime Tonics posted: