Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

enchiladas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Midniter posted:

Is that whipped cream or clotted cream? The latter being one of the few things I've made and after eating it was like "This is far too delicious and unhealthy for me to ever consider making again" and thus have not.

Just whipped, for pretty much the same reason.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Beef meatloaf, roasted brussel sprouts, salad w spinach, beet, feta and pan roasted chopped almonds

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

A Sometimes Food posted:

I made scones.

I put jam and cream on the still whole one after the shot, I just wanted a picture of how tall I got them. They were so soft and buttery.

First off, not using clotted cream is illegal. Secondly, the cream goes on before the jam!!!

Looks alright otherwise, I suppose.

Zabba51
Aug 21, 2020

Idiot

Ott_ posted:

enchiladas

Whats on inside?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Alton Brown's mushroom and goat cheese stroganoff

Chocolate zucchini loaf

This counts as a vegetable, so I made sure to have two slices

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bollock Monkey posted:

First off, not using clotted cream is illegal. Secondly, the cream goes on before the jam!!!

Looks alright otherwise, I suppose.

Agreed, only some frigging Cornish degenerate would put jam on the bottom. Nice loft on the scones though.

Also, it’s a source of amazement to the American bit of my family that the US hasn’t embraced clotted cream yet: it’s cream, only somehow worse for you, which seems very American.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Team #jamfirst reporting in. If the jam is so runny that you can drizzle it over cream, is it really jam?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Team #jamfirst reporting in. If the jam is so runny that you can drizzle it over cream, is it really jam?

sounds like a coulis

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
God awful picture of honey orange shrimp over coconut rice

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Ott_ posted:

enchiladas

Hell yeah, how come no money shot??

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

drat, this is a good page!

Please enjoy my humble fritatta. It's arugala, chevre, and green onion.

Right out of the oven

Dressed

Frittata season is on its way for me! I tend to avoid cooking them during the hot summer months, but during the fall, winter, and spring frittata is one of my weeknight staple dinners.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Torquemada posted:

Agreed, only some frigging Cornish degenerate would put jam on the bottom. Nice loft on the scones though.

Also, it’s a source of amazement to the American bit of my family that the US hasn’t embraced clotted cream yet: it’s cream, only somehow worse for you, which seems very American.

Probably because "clotted cream" sounds like a disgusting medical problem.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Back on Keto so flank steak with asparagus and mushroom.

It was kind of bland actually, needed more seasoning but looked real good. Mini derps ate almost all the mushrooms like a greedy hobbit.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Chickpea, squash, and spinach curry last night!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Panang curry with a scoop of peanut butter mixed in for lunch today. I think the oil from stir frying veggies separately messed with the consistency of the curry a bit. But it was still mostly creamy and delicious.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The nice Mexican lady on youtube made what my terrible Spanish rendered as ‘Golden tacos pimped out in the style of Zacatecas’. I followed the recipe vaguely:

I did flour tortillas with lard, made frijoles with ham instead of chorizo, and used definitely not Mexican cheese inside, but they were very tasty.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Fig, brie, sausage pizza (gluten free crust :downs:).

Edges took on a bit too much color, but this was still a drat fine gluten free pizza.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Dinner from a two nights ago. Hainanese Chicken Rice.

My first time buying and cooking a whole chicken and got caught off guard when I found the neck, heart, and liver in the cavity. Threw the neck in with the rest of the chicken to make the stock.

As for the heart and liver, I sauteed the heart with shallots and shiitake mushrooms and dry cooked the liver before adding olive oil and lime juice and then topping off with garlic. Basically cooked with whatever was appropriate that I had on hand which became last night's dinner.

Not all that pretty but the hearts were delicious. I was never the biggest fan of liver regardless of which animal it came from but this turned out all right considering.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 12, 2020

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Edward IV posted:

Dinner from a two nights ago. Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Made it this far before I had to check if it was Bird Guy. Sorry, no offence intended. I don't know how I feel about offal/sweetbreads cuts, you're a better man than I.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Derpies posted:

It was kind of bland actually, needed more seasoning but looked real good. Mini derps ate almost all the mushrooms like a greedy hobbit.

Your little carrot dish thing is adorable.

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

Tonight was a breakfast for dinner kind of night. Some Belgian waffles, one plain and one with blueberries. The frozen blueberries I grabbed tasted... Not good, but still edible. Fancied up with some cinnamon maple syrup and a dusting of sugar.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Never apologize for breakfast-for-dinner. One of the best meals imo.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Low effort red beans and rice.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Made takoyaki for dinner

Uhh they’re way more filling than I expected

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Steve Yun posted:

Made takoyaki for dinner

Uhh they’re way more filling than I expected

I assume you got one of those griddles?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yep I love it

Lesson learned however: if you don’t eat takoyaki within a minute of it being made it becomes soft soggy garbage

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Costco rules

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

tarbrush posted:

You don't drizzle the jam over? You blob it on and spread it a bit.

toplitzin posted:

Low effort red beans and rice.

This looks so comforting :3:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Birthday celebrations today, made sandwich cakes

Vegetarian

Fish (tuna, shrimp and gravlax)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Partridge with tarragon and sake.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Birthday celebrations today, made sandwich cakes

Fish (tuna, shrimp and gravlax)

Wait what the gently caress a sandwich cake? It looks delicious and I want to copy it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Summer is still hanging on around here.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

sterster posted:

I don't know how I feel about offal/sweetbreads cuts, you're a better man than I.

The heart isn't all that bad which isn't surprising since it's also muscle. More chewy than white or dark meat but it does work really well with the mushrooms because they have similar textures. To be honest, I really don't care for liver but I'll eat it if I had no choice and it was prepared well. That said, I really do want to try other organ offals like sweetbreads, kidneys, lung, and even brain just to at least try it even if I ultimately regret it.

I grew up with vegetarian parents who chose to be such because of humanitarian reasons. While I ultimately didn't become vegetarian, as the animal was born and lived to be eaten, I believe in the concept of using as many parts of the animal as possible to give more meaning to their meager lives. Also, I've had rotting meat in the garbage and the smell is really abhorrent so I prefer to avoid throwing raw meat and bones in the garbage. :barf: That's why I'm glad you can just buy the cuts you need instead of figuring out what to do with the other cuts besides throwing them out before they go bad.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kidney tastes pretty bad, you have to disguise it with other strong flavors. Lung has a kind of weird rubbery texture. Brain is like runny scrambled eggs but more fatty.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 14, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I think I’m over organ meat for the most part. I’ve decided I just don’t care for it. I’ve cooked liver a few times out of curiosity, didn’t like it. Ordered liver out, didn’t like it.

Pate’, and liverwurst I love, but not straight up liver.

I ordered veal kidneys from a French restaurant and also wasn’t too impressed.

There’s a hotpot place around that does lots of organ meat and pork brain. I’ve never had brains but I will give them a try and probably not enjoy it like other organs. My curiosity is insatiable though.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Wait what the gently caress a sandwich cake? It looks delicious and I want to copy it.

Thanks, it's pretty well known in scandinavia, called smörgåstårta. Basically a cake but with bread and sandwich ingredients. Loads of recipes online. I don't know know these recipes though, I forgot to mention but it was my SO who made these.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I love beef heart.

Especially Anticuchos de Coraźon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I normally eat very little meat but a few years ago a friend of mine was being deported and held a farewell bbq/party, and towards the end grilled up a few hearts and went around offering everybody a little piece. IIRC I think he basically did them up anticuchos de corazon style although he didn't have enough for everybody to have a full skewer so I just got one little chunk. I thought it was super rich and almost velvety although yeah, definitely chewy. A little bit after that I was out at an izakaya type place and some of my friends got beef heart kushiyaki and said it was pretty gross.