Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’ve had the Impossible meat and it definitely tastes pretty good. I just wish it was healthier than real meat, then it would be something I would use more.

Honestly I've found that throwing in some lentils/black beans with a bunch of umami stuff like miso and soy sauce and mushrooms gives me all the joy of burgers and is still super healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I really really like J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's black bean burger recipe. It comes together really quick, you can customize it in a lot of ways super easily, and it freezes great.

mystes
May 31, 2006

How Wonderful! posted:

I really really like J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's black bean burger recipe. It comes together really quick, you can customize it in a lot of ways super easily, and it freezes great.
I've made it enough that I got sick of it so I would be interested in any variations you suggest.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
If you eat meat his chicken and chickpea burger is superior in my estimation.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Hey, goons this is a recipe I got out of One Pan Two Plates.
Salmon Concasse

*Preheat broiler and select an ovenable pan*

Put the following into a dish:
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Zest and juice of an orange
2 tbsp minced dill
Two Salmon Fillets, pat dry then add salt & pepper

While that's marinating,
Mince a bunch of shallots, 1/4 or 1/2 cup
Trim two medium zucchini, then quarter and slice thinly
Core two large ripe tomatoes and cut each into 16 pieces each
Mince some garlic and toss it in with the tomatoes
Drink some 2 buck chuck cuz you gotta work late on Easter eve then early on Easter and tomorrow you have school

Sautee shallots until browned, then zucchini with Salt and Pepper until soft but not squishy, finally throw in garlic and tomato

When thickened and saucy" as the book says, form a mound and put the salmon on skin side down and pour in juices, broil 7-9 min

Garnish with brined Feta Cheese and serve with Iced Tea cuz what am I gonna do with the rest of this lemon?

BBQ Dave fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 2, 2021

Segue
May 23, 2007

mystes posted:

I've made it enough that I got sick of it so I would be interested in any variations you suggest.

Bon appetit has a really simple lentil burger that's super customizable. I use chickpea flour, throw in some msg and additional spices and it's a really solid lazy day cook.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/healthyish-lentil-burgers

mystes
May 31, 2006

Segue posted:

Bon appetit has a really simple lentil burger that's super customizable. I use chickpea flour, throw in some msg and additional spices and it's a really solid lazy day cook.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to try this.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
omg yes please

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Crossposting from the smoking thread.

Olpainless posted:

First off, beef short rib, dry rubbed with paprika, salt, garlic, and onion:

Cherry coke marinated beef skirt:

Hoisin pork tenderloin:

Treacle and thyme-rubbed turkey leg:

Chicken legs and mojito-marinated wings.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Work's been brutal lately so I made some "K-Fries" for dinner Friday night.

Cajun & Flavacol waffle fries w/
bulgogi beef short ribs
napa kimchi
colby-jack cheese
pickled jalapenos
scallions
shaved radishes
Greek yogurt
gochujang honey garlic wing sauce from Kroger

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Blackened fish sandwich, corn on the cob, oven wedges:

Lunch today:
Not a Cuban

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Chicken thighs with red beans/sausage from the freezer.

mushroom surprise
Oct 11, 2012

Lemon tarragon roast chicken. Cooked up a bunch of mixed mushrooms in the pan drippings and added quinoa. 10/10 would roast again, bones are going in the stock pot tonight.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Did you hide the mushrooms somewhere that only you know?

Oh look, there they are, peeking out from the rice bed. Hello little mushrooms. I won't tell anyone where you are, you can trust me.

mushroom surprise
Oct 11, 2012
they're chopped up and cooked down. the chicken is hogging the shot

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I was trying to make a joke off your username but I am a huge dork so there you go

mushroom surprise
Oct 11, 2012
Haha it was a good effort

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Pulled chicken sandwich with potato carrot hash.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
6 hour hogget shoulder with spuds and wild garlic salsa verde

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

mushroom surprise posted:

Lemon tarragon roast chicken. Cooked up a bunch of mixed mushrooms in the pan drippings and added quinoa. 10/10 would roast again, bones are going in the stock pot tonight.

Yes.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Pulled chicken sandwich with potato carrot hash.

Yes.

Torquemada posted:

6 hour hogget shoulder with spuds and wild garlic salsa verde

gently caress yes!

Yesterday's tea - smoked chicken and exotic mushroom stroganoff with rice and garlic butter flatbread.

Smoked chicken really works here (and uses up some of the leftovers from Saturdays marathon session.)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Olpainless posted:

Yesterday's tea - smoked chicken and exotic mushroom stroganoff with rice and garlic butter flatbread.

Smoked chicken really works here (and uses up some of the leftovers from Saturdays marathon session.)

Got a recipe for this? I always have dark meat for shredding into dishes like this.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Got a recipe for this? I always have dark meat for shredding into dishes like this.

No problem! Shred up a bunch of dark meat (for this I used about 8 chicken drumsticks worth of meat), dice a shallot and a medium onion, grate a couple of cloves of garlic, and chop up a load of exotic and regular mushrooms (in my case it was king oyster, shiitake, porcini and chestnut).

Sautee the shallots and garlic in butter until golden, add the mushrooms and sweat off the moisture. Deglaze with a good glug of red vermouth, add the chicken just to get a little colour. Add hot chicken stock to half-cover, a half teaspoon, french mustard, a level teaspoon smoked paprika, a teaspoon of chives, salt and pepper, a splash of worcester sauce. Once things are just starting to bubble, add creme fraiche, reduce the heat, let it simmer slowly until it's reached a good, thick, creamy consistency.

Towards the end add a splash of lemon juice, season properly to taste, then add plenty of chopped parsley.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Duo of Beet Wellington, parsnip and celery root mash, and beef gravy. A complete hypocrisy for Easter dinner.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 6, 2021

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
After a long day at work, my grocery pickup order had some unexpected subs (like double the ground beef I asked for).

I was ravenous and after some consideration, I voted gluttony and smashed some burgs. Don't think I went hard enough on the smash part, but the burg was still good.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Ahoy! It's the heart attack cheese boat! :parrot: My wife says it's a Georgian thing (Russia not the South). Incredibly decadent and good. It's ricotta, mozzarella, and brined feta baked into dough. You top it with butter and an egg yolk before stirring it up and ripping it apart with your hands.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BBQ Dave posted:

Ahoy! It's the heart attack cheese boat! :parrot: My wife says it's a Georgian thing (Russia not the South). Incredibly decadent and good. It's ricotta, mozzarella, and brined feta baked into dough. You top it with butter and an egg yolk before stirring it up and ripping it apart with your hands.

Hell yeah. Maybe my weekend project will be to finally try to make kachapuri.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional

BBQ Dave posted:

These are amazing. I ate like five while I was in Tbilisi and am somehow still alive.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Did some mushroom ravioli. The ravioli is premade, but the sauce is from scratch and its probably the best I've made.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

BBQ Dave posted:

Not Russia, the Caucasus. Georgia was in the Soviet Union, but has been an independent country since the early 90s. Anyhow, nice khachapuri :D

mystes
May 31, 2006

Segue posted:

Thanks again for suggesting this. I did it tonight and it was exactly what I wanted (good in all the way the black bean burgers are good but with different flavors).

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Wife whipped these up, no aspic but they ended up with some soupiness anyway

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grilled up some Shrimp & Scallop skewers with some veggies. Served them over rice and was very happy :)

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Grilled up some Shrimp & Scallop skewers with some veggies. Served them over rice and was very happy :)

Cooked perfectly! Look great

breaks
May 12, 2001

man is there any food that benefits more from being perfectly cooked with just a bit of char on it like that than shrimp? maybe but it's pretty high up there

mushroom lasagna + shaved asparagus salad

Segue
May 23, 2007

mystes posted:

Thanks again for suggesting this. I did it tonight and it was exactly what I wanted (good in all the way the black bean burgers are good but with different flavors).

Glad to hear! It's been a while since I've made them so I may this week again! It's a shame Condé Nast really hosed up BA they have some very solid basics https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sesame-noodles-with-crispy-tofu

For content, been trying to branch outside South Indian cooking and made some Pakistani Maash Ki Dal, basically urad dal pre-soaked and cooked with very little water so it retains its texture more and doesn't just slime. The ginger julienne and whole cloves really help it but gotdang it has heat.

Also made some Ethiopian kale and carrots cause I made my own vegan niter kibbeh (ye'wot qimem) with oil and dammit I'm gonna use it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

breaks posted:

man is there any food that benefits more from being perfectly cooked with just a bit of char on it like that than shrimp? maybe but it's pretty high up there

nice plating

breaks
May 12, 2001

Stringent posted:

nice plating

thanks!! I appreciate you saying so, I've been trying to get better at it

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

breaks posted:

You got recipes or recipe links for these? That asparagus salad looks good. I'm not finding any certain matches when googling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart store posted:

You got recipes or recipe links for these? That asparagus salad looks good. I'm not finding any certain matches when googling.
It looks like it could just be something like this (with added dill or something?):https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/shaved-asparagus-salad-3416221

Although the one breaks made is much prettier.