Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Made some creamy chicken enchiladas. Sorry for remembering to take the pic after starting to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Anyone have a killer frittata recipe? Looking to add it to the NYD party menu. Thanks in advance and god bless

Here's what I do for 3-4 people:

Large Cast Iron skillet
Slice 2-3 large onions.
Sweat them in butter with a splash of olive oil until very soft. Salt if you like but go easy.
Add a minced clove of garlic and push the onions to the side.
Turn down to a simmer, add a drained can of tomatoes and cook down a bit. Keep the tomatoes and onions separate in the pan.
While the tomatoes are cooking down, crack 6-7 eggs (cold!!!) into a nice mixing bowl and add a little salt and a lot of black pepper. Go easy on the salt as the tomatoes are pretty salty.
Add about 3/4c of shredded Parmesan (not bagged).
Take your sweated vegetables and whisk them into the egg mixture in the bowl. Do it quick and you won't pre-cook the eggs.

Turn on your broiler to high.
Take your now empty pan, wipe it clean. Throw a whole stick of butter in it and heat slowly until the butter is just starting to foam. Yes, this is an irresponsible amount of butter.
Turn the heat to medium and pour in your egg mixture. Smooth it out a bit and let it cook until the bottom just starts to set.
Place fresh basil lovingly on top. The more the better but don't go nuts with it.
Throw a good handful of Parmesan on top and chuck it under the boiler for a minute or two. Be careful here, the cast iron retains a lot of heat and the broiler cooks fast.

Let rest about 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
When available, use Vegeta instead of salt.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

I'm mad that the racists and bigots are being oppressed! Why can't I express my desire for Islamic genocide on these forums without being probated for it?

Grimey Drawer

Pork, chickpea salad and mexican-style potato salad.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Soiled Meat

Aw man its been a long time since I've had chickpea salad. That all looks good as heck.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

At least we didn't cook the dog.

Fun Shoe

Started a jar of purple kraut tonight. 3 weeks or so and it'll be edible.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

What's the diff between purple kraut and red cabbage?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ranter posted:

What's the diff between purple kraut and red cabbage?

It's just sauerkraut made with red cabbage, 2.5% by weight kosher salt, and some caraway seed.

Edit: Phone posting is terrible.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at Jan 14, 2018 around 03:32

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

if its napa cabbage then where did the color come from? Napa aka chinese cabbage isn't red/purple.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's red cabbage. I'm not sure why my phone autocorrect threw in Napa there, probably because that's the last kind I typed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

«27 »