Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

War. War never changes.

Fun Shoe

More budgetbyes inspired stuff. Savory coconut rice with lemongrass and chicken with water chestnuts and broccoli in dragon sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

"The A+ TCC poster
you did nazi coming."

Liquid Communism posted:

More budgetbyes inspired stuff. Savory coconut rice with lemongrass and chicken with water chestnuts and broccoli in dragon sauce.

Iím going to have to try those Dragon Noodles and the other stuff on that site. Looks killer.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

War. War never changes.

Fun Shoe

It's a really solid basic sauce recipe.

The version I've been using is 3T demerara sugar (because I have a bunch to use up), 3T chili-garlic sauce (Huy Fong), 3T soy, 1t fish sauce, and a half inch or so of ginger, minced.

Reheats real nice too, I use it for meal prep.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Looks like breast meat. Why not thighs? Thighs>breasts. Fight me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

War. War never changes.

Fun Shoe

It was what I had thawed that needed eating. I don't pass up $2.50 per lb chicken tits.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Looks like breast meat. Why not thighs? Thighs>breasts. Fight me.

I've been saying this for years and my wife finally agrees with me, I think using thighs for chicken meatballs instead of breasts is what finally converted her. Meatballs from breast meat are far too dry and end up kinda spongy , whereas the fat from the thighs really makes for a much better texture

Monday night's meal was a portobello mushroom cap (I know it doesn't look like it but it's there!) stuffed with shrimp, onions, and garlic, topped with breadcrumbs and parsley and baked, with a side of buttery, garlicky, lemony angel hair with some extra shrimp filling

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Liquid Communism posted:

The version I've been using is 3T demerara sugar (because I have a bunch to use up), 3T chili-garlic sauce (Huy Fong), 3T soy, 1t fish sauce, and a half inch or so of ginger, minced.

I ended up trying the dragon noodles recipe and yeah, the big thing I took from it was that the sauce is really great. I've been making it just to throw it on other stuff or as a dip for veggies.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm rude now.

Felt like being a trash human and did chili dogs

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Casu Marzu posted:

To be clear, chili dogs are one of God's own foods and do not make you a trash human. It's the pre-shredded cheese and what looks like Hormel brand chili that make them trash.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

Liquid Communism posted:

This does sound like a good, basic sauce for meal prep. Do you have a link to the original by chance?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm rude now.

Doom Rooster posted:

To be clear, chili dogs are one of God's own foods and do not make you a trash human. It's the pre-shredded cheese and what looks like Hormel brand chili that make them trash.

It is pre-shredded cheese cuz I am lazy as gently caress. Thankfully, past me was ambitious enough to make extra chili for dogs and freeze some for future use.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Good.

For content, I made some merguez with Israeli-style hummus and harissa collard greens

Dessert was cream puffs with a sweet potato pastry cream filling.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

"The A+ TCC poster
you did nazi coming."

Casu Marzu posted:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress hormel, this is the one true hot dog chili

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Casu Marzu posted:

You finish those in the broiler? Iím usually a summer hot dog man but those are looking good.

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?

Hipster toast aka avocado toast on homemade sourdough bread. Not pictured: the other two slices I accidentally

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm rude now.

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

You finish those in the broiler? Iím usually a summer hot dog man but those are looking good.

Same, I usually only want a dog when it's shorts and cheap, ice cold beer weather but I had a craving. Finished em under the broiler until the chili and cheese got bubbly. Really hit the spot.

Loco posted:

Hipster toast aka avocado toast on homemade sourdough bread. Not pictured: the other two slices I accidentally

That's a nice lookin slice of sourdough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

#GOAT

Loco posted:

Looks delicious, just needs some crumbled feta and I'd be breaking into your home to steal it.

«60 »