Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Now use that fat: buy some masa harena and go fuckin nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Why would you refrigerate bacon grease? :psyduck: Do you refrigerate your vegetable oil? Butter is a little more delicate, since it hasn't been rendered but separated, and even so you can usually keep it on the counter for weeks.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Why would you refrigerate bacon grease? :psyduck: Do you refrigerate your vegetable oil? Butter is a little more delicate, since it hasn't been rendered but separated, and even so you can usually keep it on the counter for weeks.

100% of my public school home ec education was "don't eat anything that hasn't been kept at and cooked to the exact right temp because if you do YOU WILL DIE". It's taken a long time to unlearn.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fat is a preservation method of its own, right? So I don't feel a need to refrigerate it, especially as it makes the texture slightly more difficult to scoop.

But good Lord does bacon fat spruce up something that would otherwise be like, "ok." Eggs, greens, potatoes... rub a spatchcocked chicken in bacon grease, salt and pepper and then cook it on a charcoal grill. God drat. Mouth watering right now.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

While I agree with most of this. Butter is really dependent on you location and ambient temps. Living in Az has change my butter habits of leaving it on the counter :( I love soft butter but got to be careful with it in the summer months.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Made some shakshuka tonight, got 4 double yolkers in a row

Cointelprofessional
Jul 2, 2007
Carrots: Make me an offer.

freelop posted:

Made some shakshuka tonight, got 4 double yolkers in a row

I've had that happen before. It feels incredible. No idea why it happens though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Its chicken twins if you were curious.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Also its way more common with extra large eggs (since they're big enough for twin chickens??? Maybe???). I've had cartons of XL eggs have 8/12 of double yolks :discourse:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Double yolkers are a gift from god and shakshuka is the most pro-tier of uses for them. Muy bueno.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Cats lick it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

General Tso’s Chicken, round 2: FIGHT!

This is basically chicken nuggets in sauce imo. Can modify it very easily to be unique.

E.G. General’s Nashville Atomic Hot Katsu Chicken

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 4, 2018

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Gatts posted:

General Tso’s Chicken, round 2: FIGHT!

This is basically chicken nuggets in sauce imo. Can modify it very easily to be unique.

The best fast food...

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
https://imgur.com/a/1F8UsGH

Passed the PMP so I am celebrating.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Congrats, what's the pmp, steak looks good.

Pen Express
Sep 23, 2009

Made a Cuban with my own Cuban bread and lechón, then SV chicken breast with my family recipe for mole ranchero.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Holla challah

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Casu Marzu posted:

Holla challah

gently caress that looks good

e: for content, seared tuna sandwiches with arugula, tomato, and lemon garlic aioli

pictures came out terrible but it was delicious

kumba fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 4, 2018

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Casu Marzu posted:

Holla challah

V nice, mine don't look nearly that good.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

gently caress, it's the challah my challah doesn't want me knowing about

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Brown rice mujaddara, roasted honeynut squash, lemon tahini yogurt

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
would challah go well with chili, like tear and dip it in instead of a tortilla or something? I've never eaten it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ranter posted:

would challah go well with chili, like tear and dip it in instead of a tortilla or something? I've never eaten it.

yeah pretty much any non sweet bread would IMO. Challah's claim to fame is having eggs and going well with eggs i.e. french toast.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
challah french toast is god tier

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

emotive posted:

Brown rice mujaddara, roasted honeynut squash, lemon tahini yogurt

What an excellent plate!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Made some dry pot cauliflower with applewood bacon instead of just plain ol pork belly slices.

A pro move which I will be repeating.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

iajWife is out of town so got drunk af and cooked up the 700g steak from the freezer using serious eats reverse sear method. So juicy...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Wanna gently caress that steak

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I think you forgot the sear part

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Casu Marzu posted:

I think you forgot the sear part

iajanus posted:

got drunk af

Plausible.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Made some lasagna for friends, and it's probably the best one I've made to date. Gutbusting comfort goodness as it should be.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
First day of the season under 50 degrees so made some bœuf bourgignon over papardelle.

When done correctly it’s a lot of effort, but really comes together as something more than the sum of its fairly simple parts.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

First day of the season under 50 degrees so made some bœuf bourgignon over papardelle.

When done correctly it’s a lot of effort, but really comes together as something more than the sum of its fairly simple parts.

Looks incredible.

I had no idea what to make today, ended up doing chicken and mushroom pie with fondant potatoes.

Eyeballed everything, came out alright.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

had mushrooms I needed to use, so I made a vegan mapo tofu.

Wish I had some mushroom stock on hand and this would have been knocked out of the park.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Agreed

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Didn't see a t'giving thread, hereyago

Hard cider sangria with ginger and apples - Let's Stay In

Kale and brussels sprout salad

King Arthur Parker House rolls

A :homebrew: local turkey, never frozen, dry rubbed

Gravy (no pic :saddowns:)
Roasted cranberry sauce

Herb and fennel stuffing, add sausage because duh

Burnished potato nuggets, use schmaltz instead of olive oil

Sweet potato ice cream sundae with buttered pecans, toasted meringue, and orange caramel - Deep Run Roots

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Sweet jesus I did not need to see that before going food shopping. Looks amazing

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

I think the only thing I didn't get on this first plate was mashed potatoes. First year my family's done macaroni & cheese, which might have been the MVP- the chorizo/cornbread stuffing was also up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Butternut Squash Ravioli, Mushroom Parm Crema.

Pork Tenderloin slow roasted with Grapes and Fennel, Goat Cheese Polenta, Stewed Mushrooms.

Beef Short Rib Ragu, Gnocchi, Green Beans

And for our 2.5 person Thanksgiving, we got some good food in before the family one this weekend.

Turkey Ballotine, Dirty Black and Wild Rice, Tarragon Gravy, Balsamic Beetroot.