Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
My wife got home today after being away for a week and a half, which is the longest we'd been apart since we started dating.

I made beef short rib ravioli!
Egg, flour, olive oil dough
Braised the short rib for 5 hours with mushroom, onion, beef broth, and white wine, then after it cooled I drained it and added marscapone and asiago - that was my filling.
Then I made a mushroom and marsala cream sauce to serve it in.

Turned out pretty goddamn delicious. Welcome home :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I don't blame you. I will make it again and take photos. I'm so goddamn full.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Sounds delicious, but

:what:

Just a little. Quarter cup for a pound of short rib. Makes it super creamy.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

paraquat posted:

made a sub with (from bottom to top) spicy hoisin mayo, cucumber, iceburg salad, char siu and a quick pickle of carrot and red onion (with some extra hoisin mayo drizzled all over it, lol)
lovely food

This is extremely my poo poo. Been trying quick pickling out a lot lately, too. Had an amazing bahn mi at Del Seoul in Chicago and I've been trying to replicate it.

Last night's dinner actually happened. Did a 24 hour @ 131 sous vide on a bottom round roast at that was on sale for basically free, seared it, then made another mushroom / marsala based sauce with the fond and bag juices.

Desperately needed something green on the plate because it doesn't look great, but it sure tasted good.