Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

yoober posted:

I get the concept of plating but like, half the food isn't in the bowl dude

If only food that isn't in a bowl could be put in a bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

The colour of that butter freaks me out. Is that made from cow milk? That's so white it looks like creme fraiche or something.

Depends where you are from and it might possibly be whipped butter?

In Australia our butter is very yellow because the majority of our cows are grass fed. We have lots of space to let cows just do whatever and have farms that are the size of multiple US states. This also effect the colour if the fat on the meat.

White butter means they were grain fed which I suppose is bad for a variety of reasons (loving the environment transporting grains to feed animals when those crops could be feeding humans and the cows could be eating grass).

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Lol maybe in poo poo states that don't get smashed with cyclones and tropical storms

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Can you elaborate on the method, that looks delicious

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Cooked sticky crispy fried eggplant last night. There's a Chinese joint near my work that does it so I've been trying to emulate it for a while and this is the closest I've got. Gonna try with fermented bean curd next time. poo poo picture with Instagram filter

Made Louisiana-ish style white beans with rice tonight. Used polish clobassi sausage and speck. This is another thing I've been tryibg to improve and I was stoked with it tonight.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Kippers for breakfast aunt helga

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Cooked skirt steak marinated in coriander, garlic, lime juice and olive oil. Served with potato salad and snow pea, cucumber, mint and avacado salad.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Cooking is just applying heat to food. Often you don't need to even do that

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

iajanus posted:

Yesterday's Xmas lunch: glazed ham and seafood

noice. no Moreton bay/balmain bugs for me, neither of the two fish mongers near me had them.

I do an an orphans Christmas for my workmates who don't have family in Sydney or whose families don't celebrate Christmas. fairly quiet with only 10 people being able to visit this year. kept it simple

2kg prawns
2kg char siu
Filipino garlic rice
pasta salad (with alphabet pasta)
garden salad with adam liaw's onion dressing
lemon ricotta cake with lemon curd and vanilla ice-cream

my daughter fanging on a big Toblerone. it was a nice cool 22c in Sydney.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

I like meat on top of the salad so the meat juices dresses the tomato, onion lettuce etc although if the onions are fried or caramelised they should go on top of the patty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

ColHannibal posted:

With tomato sauce?

my mum would feed me and my brother French toast with tomato sauce/ketchup/BBQ sauce. it was some derro poo poo and I wasn't an adult until I learnt that people have dessert style French toast.