Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segue
May 23, 2007

First dinner on the balcony with some fridge leftovers: curried mushroom toast and stirfry green beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segue
May 23, 2007

Decided to get rid of some leftovers: kala chana, masala potatoes, black kale, peanut chutney, and pita.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’ve had the Impossible meat and it definitely tastes pretty good. I just wish it was healthier than real meat, then it would be something I would use more.

Honestly I've found that throwing in some lentils/black beans with a bunch of umami stuff like miso and soy sauce and mushrooms gives me all the joy of burgers and is still super healthy.

Segue
May 23, 2007

mystes posted:

I've made it enough that I got sick of it so I would be interested in any variations you suggest.

Bon appetit has a really simple lentil burger that's super customizable. I use chickpea flour, throw in some msg and additional spices and it's a really solid lazy day cook.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/healthyish-lentil-burgers

Segue
May 23, 2007

mystes posted:

Thanks again for suggesting this. I did it tonight and it was exactly what I wanted (good in all the way the black bean burgers are good but with different flavors).

Glad to hear! It's been a while since I've made them so I may this week again! It's a shame Condé Nast really hosed up BA they have some very solid basics https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/sesame-noodles-with-crispy-tofu

For content, been trying to branch outside South Indian cooking and made some Pakistani Maash Ki Dal, basically urad dal pre-soaked and cooked with very little water so it retains its texture more and doesn't just slime. The ginger julienne and whole cloves really help it but gotdang it has heat.

Also made some Ethiopian kale and carrots cause I made my own vegan niter kibbeh (ye'wot qimem) with oil and dammit I'm gonna use it.