Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I was gonna make fried chicken biscuits with cheese but apparently that's against the rules :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jamaican beef curry patties! Turned out pretty well. I am surprisingly only a little bit on fire given I used three Scotch bonnets when I made this batch. The secret to good flakiness is lard.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

sterster posted:

Alright, did the welly today. I'm not sure what I expected. It was good but not sure it was worth the effort. Also I'm not a huge mushroom fan so maybe that has something to do with it. I'd be interested to have it out at a restaurant to see how it compares.

As a non mushroom liker I tend to do a shallot paste instead, works pretty well!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blueberry, strawberry and apple crumble (crumble starring digestive biscuits) - cupboard/freezer clearout.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

I don't feel like parsley has ever added anything to any dish I've made or eaten. I'm not hating on your steak (though you are missing the sliced pics), I just don't understand what the point of parsley even is. Am I like those weirdos who don't like cilantro?

Try tabbouleh. The proper stuff not store-bought that's 90% bulgur wheat.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Literally posting noodles. It's Sunday so it's time for Sunday gravy ok not quite that but a fairly respectable spaghetti and meatballs. Badda bing badda boom!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Had a couple of people over for grilling last night - both goons (plus one's girlfriend), so technically this was :gooncamp: I guess? Middle eastern theme.

Made by me: tzatziki (yes I know it's Greek, shurrup, they were part of the Ottoman empire ok), chicken and beef shish tawouk (a lot more than you see on the table there, though), tabbouleh, quick pickled cucumber and onions, a margarita.
Made by another goon: red pepper hummus.
Also starring: toum, lettuce, veggies, Uncle Ben's finest rice, olives, sujuk.
Sir not appearing in this photo because I forgot: pitas and falafel.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Also tzatziki instead of mint.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, it beats $50 for 20 from Wingstop, so I'll take my win(g)s how I can get them.

Cripes. Congratulations on making UK pricing look good, they look to be £10.95 for 10 (so £21.90 for 20 or about $27) at Wingstop here (tax is always included by default). This is East London mind so there are about a billion independent chicken shops who'll do them for cheaper.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

$7.88 for wings? Jesus

It's like £2 here and we're in the midst of inflationpalooza -even with conversion that's like $4.50

I uh how is life back in 1950? :shobon: