Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I'm VERY new to cooking at any functioning capacity, but I'm feelin' the urge to :justpost: so here's what I made:

Shredded chicken and bacon tacos with pico, lettuce, and Valentina hot sauce on buttered and toasted tortillas. They were wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
DUCK BRATS

topped with Fig Honey Jam with a side of smoked cheddar mashed potatoes.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

VelociBacon posted:

Did you eat the potatoes with your hands be honest you're with friends here

No, I just didn't feel like the fork belonged in the picture (it was store bought)

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
My whole life I've just been eating mashed potatoes with a fork like a little bitch. Now I know better, thanks to you guys.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Cajun sausage, broccoli, and dirty rice!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

emotive posted:

Tonight: Tacos with roasted cauliflower, salsa macha, pickled onion, feta & cilantro

That looks amazing and I want to make it for my mom (who turned vegetarian this year.) Salsa macha seems simple enough to make based on a quick google search, but what's the best way to roast the cauliflower? I'm a cooking noob, and I don't really use my oven. Ever.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

I'm loving all these sushi posts. Do you have to use fish marked as "Sushi Grade" or just any frozen fish?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Just made some pork udon with baby corn and spinach! With cat for scale.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
*snip* wrong thread

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

kumba posted:

lunch from today: khachapuri

dough:

cheese topping: milk/flour/butter + feta & mozzarella

pre-bake

into the oven at 450 for about 15 minutes, then take out, crack and egg on top, and throw on some butter. 3 minutes later:

stir that up

tear off some bread and dip in the egg and cheese

:discourse:

gently caress I want to make those, do I have to buy an electric mixer to make the dough or is there a cheap way?

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

kumba posted:

Naw no mixer required, just a few minutes of stirring and kneading by hand does the trick

Grooooovy. I'll give this a shot sometime.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Didn't get any pictures because the lighting in my apartment is awful (And I was really hungry) but I made two things for dinner:

1. Tom Ka Rice with mushrooms. As in I made Tom Kha coconut soup and then used it instead of water to cook rice. It was delicious

2. Veggie Tempura. Sweet potatoes, onions and broccoli. The broccoli got the poo poo burnt out of it but the other two came out fantastic.

Tomorrow I'll be making Matty Matheson's P&L burger with some duck fat fries on the side and I'm real excited!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Tonight I made one-pan Tom Kha Gai Biryani! I have a bad camera and a badly lit apartment so this is the best picture I have!

There was so much liquid from the onions, mushrooms, coconut cream and lime juice that I didn't have to add any water or broth to cook the rice. End result: :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

this might be the greyest picture ever posted in one of these threads

Well it looked great IRL :colbert: