Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

The Doctor posted:

Whiteladies Road

Where the white women at? Oh, I see, thanks much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Dr. Krieger posted:

Pork chop, ajvar, & spinich salad

Huh, I have a thing of ajvar somewhere. Question is kind of "where exactly" but I never did figure out what to do with it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That cheese looks amazing, as does the rest of your food.

If you hear loud rustling noises in your kitchen later, think nothing of it, for it is only the wind.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

What is this? It looks delicious.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
10 herbs and spices... :thunk:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

TychoCelchuuu posted:

That cat is very close to the food!

I have concerns the cat is not close enough to the food.

Signed

Not the Cat

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Arglebargle III posted:

Kippers and eggs was still mind-shatteringly salty (even after I doubled the eggs) so now I'm planning to put it on toast as a spread.

Why not make kedgeree? The rice should soak up some of the salt.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Slicing something up and positioning it appropriately always adds more interest - a bit of zest! or action to photography. This is true of food photography, landscape photography, and even portraits.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

vonnegutt posted:

the leeching can also be a good thing, iirc, I'm pretty anemic and have often been told to use a cast-iron pan for cooking so that I can absorb some of its power

Yeah there was that program about 10 years ago that distributed "lucky iron fish" to communities dealing with food-based iron-deficiency anemia, based on one tribe's cast iron cooking methods and a lack of anemia in that population.

https://luckyironfish.com/

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Probably my favourite lamb recipe is the Two Fat Ladies slow cooked shoulder of lamb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8R7fPFdm-M&t=1304s

https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/twof65245c03s001ss001r012/ans-slow-shoulder-of-lamb

I always add anchovies and over the years have added a glug of red wine at the table. It's simple, delicious, and while that posted recipe obviously makes a huge amount you could half it with little trouble if your butcher is an understanding sort.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Looks excellent. Sometimes you just want a club sandwich and that is a good one.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Remember Mrs. Lot, and when she turned around.

Looks great though!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That would be a glorious breakfast. Perfect.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That looks amazing, and I love the plate/bowl as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I could eat that whole tray of skewers, drat.