Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

overdesigned posted:

We did chongqing chicken:

This looks great, got a recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

emotive posted:

I enjoyed it very much. I spiced it with cumin seed, coriander and turmeric so it had a lot of falafel vibe to it. The recipe (here: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/cromlet-chickpea-omelet) describes it as kind of a cross between a crepe and an omelet, which describes it perfectly.

-----

Tonight:

Tostada with refried pinto beans, jackfruit and salsa verde. Trendy avocado flower (for internet points) with malden salt and lime.

Looks great. Where'd you get those plates?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Wow, I'm really annoyed. I was looking for something exactly like that to replace my dishes and bought something similar but not quite perfect.

I really don't want to replace my less than a year old and perfectly good dishes but I have the feeling that I'm going to cave.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Edit: I'd like to point out the contrast between tortillas of the posts adjacent to this one. Warm your tortillas people.

It is totally bizarre to me that people can eat cold corn tortillas. It's like eating an unpeeled orange or something.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

A local independent radio station has a six hour block of Afro-Caribbean programming on Sundays so I was in the mood to make some Trini doubles, greens with coconut and habanero, and West Indies beans and rice for lunch. Not pictured: Matouk's Calypso Sauce and a cold one.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Roasted vegetables and brown rice pilaf with black eyed peas.

Tandoori masala is a great all-purpose seasoning for roasted or grilled chicken and vegetables. Even the pre-mixed stuff is good, it's a real time saver.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Edit: Removed for being mean.

Some practical advice, we all love comfort food, but you'll do far better in the long run if you acclimate yourself to the taste of real food and indulge every once in a while instead of trying to replicate the taste of junk but healthy.

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 16, 2018

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Baby back ribs with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, vinegar slaw, and steak fries. The picture sucks because I had already started eating.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Cuban style picadillo with raisins, capers, and olives.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

"Ham-fisted" is dead on, Thug Kitchen has always been lame. The fact that it turned out to be a couple of cliche, preening goobers shouldn't have shocked anybody.

I made some vegetable lo mein have a crummy picture.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Broke out the big boy mortar and pestle to make some green papaya salad and lemongrass and turmeric rubbed chicken thighs.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I'm hungover and made a pizza pie for lunch.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Hiya buddies. I made some carnitas with queso fresco, pico de gallo, and habanero* salsa.

*there are from my garden and are either Mayan red habaneros or orange Scotch bonnets, I stupidly didn't label any of my plants.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Before and after pizza pie:

Smoked mozz, spicy pepperoni, pickled jalapenos, everything bagel seasoning

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Pork stew with cider, carrots, and parsnips, and a simple white boule.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Ranter posted:

May I have the pork cider stew recipe please? I am a sucker for stew and bread.

Sure thing bud, I used this recipe as a guideline for ingredients but used some tips and tricks from Kenji's recipe.

The changes I made:

*seared the pork in a whole chunk and chopped it up and tossed it with flour before simmering, eliminating the need to make the roux
*added gelatin, fish sauce, and Worcestershire
^definitely do these^

*subbed fresh sage for the rosemary
*subbed regular bacon for the pancetta
*simmered whole carrots and parsnips and then fished them out at the end and added sauteed diced veg. so they didn't get mushy

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

sauce reciple though I couldn't find sugar free canned
tomatos so I'm taking a bit of a risk with my carb budget.

Just an FYI but "sugar-free" and "no sugar added" are two different things. Sugar is naturally occurring in tomatoes so you just want to look out for canned tomato products that list sugar or corn syrup as an ingredient.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

Next time, more olive oil around the outside to get more crisp since I don't have real brick cheese.

It looks like you'll want significantly more cheese positioned directly touching the edge of the pan, whichever kind you're using.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Nice

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Work's been brutal lately so I made some "K-Fries" for dinner Friday night.

Cajun & Flavacol waffle fries w/
bulgogi beef short ribs
napa kimchi
colby-jack cheese
pickled jalapenos
scallions
shaved radishes
Greek yogurt
gochujang honey garlic wing sauce from Kroger

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Game day lunch, homemade X-hot sausages with yellow mustard, onion, pickled hatch chiles, and buns from the gas station.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Made some Korean Mexican-American style tacos. Not bad but could probably use a little work.

Flour tortillas
Bulgogi ground beef
Melted jack cheese
Asian romaine & cabbage slaw
Tomato kimchi salsa
Garlic pickled gochugaru peppers
Gochugaru honey hot sauce
Sesame seeds

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Made some vegetarian mapo tofu tater tots as a Friday night snack. A looser gravy would have been better for this application but it was still very good.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Trying some Korean tacos again, these worked out a lot better than the last batch.

Gochugaru-apricot carnitas, queso panela, lime-cured cucumber onions and peppers, habanero salsa, corn tortillas.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Wait, this sounds great but I have to ask, did the tater tots come out soggy because of the mapo sauce, or did the tofu have to be drier than normal?

I mean the tots are crispy and then you pour the mapo tofu over top just before serving and eventually they'll get soggy but IIRC they held up pretty well in the 10 minutes it took me to eat this. I made the sauce a little thicker than I usually would (a little extra cornstarch) because I was thinking I would want it kind of like a Western style chili but now I'm thinking a looser gravy would soak into the tots more and up the sloppiness factor and just generally improve the dish.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

You guys are being confusing about tofu. The two most common types are silken and "regular" aka block aka cotton, and both types come in soft to extra-firm varieties. For Mapo I prefer firm silken.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Still more Korean/Mexican tacos. Good but could have used more heat and a little more flavor in the Korean column.

Corn tortillas
Korean-style braised beef
Salsa roja
Serrano salsa verde
Queso fresco
Diced red onion
Pickled jalapenos
Sesame seeds

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Made some Korean for lunch, gochujang roast chicken, rice, spicy cucumber salad, seasoned bean sprouts, bok choy with doenjang.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

"I actually think the canned stuff tastes better haha" is to Thanksgiving what "Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie" is to Christmas.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Yes exactly

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Banh mi for lunch

Freshly baked bread
Mayo
Sriracha
Jalapenos
Cilantro
Cucumbers
Pickled carrot and daikon
Fried cha lua
Homemade chicken pate

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

"Truck stop" chili-cheese enchiladas for lunch my brothers

Could have been sloppier but I have to drive to the airport in a couple hours and didn't want to overdo it

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah well the joke's on you guys, there's no beans in the chili, that's Greek yogurt not sour cream, and I'm only doing an airport-pickup not boarding a flight.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Beer steamed shrimp with Old Bay for lunch

and then some pizza for the big dog for dinner

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Lamb was on sale at Aldi so I made this lamb meatballs with feta and fregola last night and it was really good, couldn't get a good picture though. I used Israeli couscous cuz it's what I had, also I would say you can easily up the feta up by half again and turn the heat down to med-low once you put the lid on.

Paired with a crunchy Greek-style tomato cucumber salad and some fresh bread/pita A++ dinner.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

We don't really care about turkey or any of that stuff so we made a meat and cheese lasagna, garlic bread, and a simple salad with cerignola olive dressing.