Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
Mmm, never had mapo because pork. What's the recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Tater kale mushroom salad & fresh bread
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/03/roasted-potato-salad-mushrooms-shallots-kale-recipe.html

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

lock stock and Cheryl posted:

Cast iron quiche with leftover crust, bacon, cheddar, gruyere and cream. Would have added shallots and green onions if I had them, but this was a spur of the moment thing

That looks amazing. What do you use for the crust?

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

fried brocoli, pickles, chickpeas, feta

2hr potato leak gratin

pad thai

serious eats black bean, poblano, cotija & feta burger

king of sammich: grilled cheese, mayo, tomato, lettuce

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Cloks posted:

How was the consistency on the black bean burger?

I use the same recipe and mine would crumble until I started making them thinner.

I tweaked it a bit - left out the egg and nuts, put more minced anaheim pepper in it and some serano too, plus some chickpeas. I dab it in some wholemeal flour and cornmeal before frying in a cast iron skillet. Yeah it's a bit crumbly around the edges but totally manageable. Makes a really tasty moist burger with chilli mayo, sauteed onions, cheese, tomato, lettuce and chutney.

Edit: just remembered, I didn't dry the black beans out enough and the mix was quite fudgy - the chickpeas help with that. I imagine if you're having trouble with crumble the dryness of the beans would be a big factor. Maybe shorten that time a little.

I portioned it into half a dozen meals for two worth in ziploc bags in the freezer.

sweat poteto fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

angor posted:

The whole thing was insanely good. Will definitely be making this again!

I always used butternut in London because that's about all I could find at the typical Tesco but now I can get acorn squash and :swoon: delicata squash, there's no going back!