Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

'gramming it up for breakfast yesterday. Leftover blackeyes and collards with fried eggs and Mexene, surrounded by stuff I was cooking later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

Stir-fry! Going out of town on Thursday and had veggies to use up.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

I've been trying to get more comfortable with just making up stir-fries, as opposed to using commercial sauces or recipes for sauces. It's definitely not the hardest thing in the world, since you can very safely lean on soy, garlic, ginger, and chili in any combination as your base. This is my latest attempt:

The sauce on the veg is tamari, black soy sauce, chili-garlic paste, shaoxing wine, and MSG. I had never used black soy sauce except in my attempts at pad se ew, and I thought that used in moderation it added a really lovely depth without becoming overtly sweet.

The tofu was lightly panfried, then tossed in a mixture of tamari, mushroom sauce, and chili-sesame oil. Holy poo poo that was a good choice. It was legit difficult to finish cooking, rather than just eat the tofu straight out of the pan. This is definitely a keeper.

Side note: youtube suggested a 4 year-old Chef John video on steaming eggs instead of boiling them, and for the first time in my life I cooked a "boiled" egg that I didn't hate.