Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Fanky Malloons posted:

PUT ME IN, COACH.

Make me a lady, and give me a bunch of traits that make me terrifying to men. It'll be just like real life.

eye contact and a confident speaking volume are well known to spook menfolk

the poor critters won't know what hit em

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

:five:

Holy smokes my dude has done so much. I'm sad I had to take down a poor little pup. I hope I recover from the elephant attack.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

vanisher posted:

:five:

Holy smokes my dude has done so much. I'm sad I had to take down a poor little pup. I hope I recover from the elephant attack.

You might! maybe

bean mom

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Joke Explainer just keeps pumping out the weird poo poo.

:stare: theyre;s

THERES LAWYERS OUT THERE IN THE WOODS :tinfoil:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BIRDCON 2017

im just chiming in to say im enjoying the lp and also lol at toot "toot boot" boot

That Robot

ask me anything about robots
oh sweet this rules

I didn't even know there was a sci-fi clone of dwarf fortress

thank you op

character name: lord butthead
trait: trickster or something like that

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in, OP.

Character name: whocares
Trait: mind controlling lobsters

Zyla posted:

:stare: theyre;s

THERES LAWYERS OUT THERE IN THE WOODS :tinfoil:

They're trying to sue treasure_bear for all his riches. We must stop them!

----------------

joke_explainer

I need more material for my creations, but nearly everybody is dead or injured, gah!

Twenty Four

I have never heard of this game but you have my attention, this is a fun LP!

If I get put in, I hope to do something nice! Or at least not destroy everything...

JuulPodSaveAmerica
A+++ LP!

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Episode 3: We finally get some poo poo done, goddammit!

Ok, so this is what our lovely little hovel looks like now. we have three private rooms and the plans for a kitchen/refrigerator to the right. If you look closely, you'll see that SHY NUDIST GRRL (goddammit, BYOB, you make me type the weirdest things) has joined our happy group. He was being chased by some tribespeople who we murdered the gently caress out of.

He, um, she? My gosh, that fellow looks a lot like a girl. Ah well. S/He is a Pretty Charity Worker who is Too Smart. and can't fight, just like our last three recruits. I love the fact that he're developing some sort of happy-go-lucky artist community, but given some other endeavors in this same vein in other games, I'm starting to worry.

Doctor Dogballs gets the first sarcophagus, carved lovingly with the time he captured a dude. Joke Explainer is obsessed with this event and has made at least three works of art based on it.

FIfi also gets her own place of honor nest to her pal.
Wait...

Also, we've started cultivating this stuff.

Joke Explainer needs his medicine, after all.

Speaking of Joke Explainer, the dude is an art MACHINE.

If anything happens, he makes a work of art depicting it. Docter dies, we get art for it.

Vanisher goes hunting for beavers?

We get art for it. Joke Explainer makes some art?

We get art for it.

JE, are you ok, man?

Dude? It's ok, we're pals, you can tell me anything.

Ok, issues with your mom, I get it...

This...this is a cry for help.

:eyepop:

So, um, anyway, poo poo is getting loving built, my dudes.

And we've finally started a research program.

BREWING! We're gonna get turnt!

What? What was that?

Oh thank you, Joke Explainer, honey. I'll put this on the fridge with the other ones. (We've gotta get this kid some help.)
And, oh my goodness! Another kind stranger needs our help.

A serial murderer, huh? Well, why not? What's the worst that can happen?

Well, he got right with us in the firing line and murdered the gently caress out of the guys who were chasing him.
Everybody welcome Tyren 'The Gravitron' Nordgren, a serial killer artist,(oh great, another one) but in the most BYOB fashion possible, is a Kind, Pretty, Nervous serial killer. He honestly fits right in.

Meanwhile, poo poo has been going great.

We have our first indoor farm for winter and those pesky toxic fallout storms that sometimes roll through.

We have a proper refrigerated food storage locker and full time kitchen.

And we've put up some more wood walls. They won't be able to withstand a serious assault, but for the small battles we're been having, it gives a place where we can dictate where the fighting happens. All in all we were pretty successful this time around. Good job, Yob!

Oh Lord Jesus, it's a fire

death sext

Oh Lord Jesus, it's a fire

JOKE EXPLAINER WHAT DID YOU DOOOO

POOL IS CLOSED

we didn't start the fire ~ the joints started burnin while the byob was learnin'

research won't stop the fire ~ but there's hooch a brewin

ran outta steam

JE: art terrorist tho, for real. those are some pieces of psy ops.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
I'll try to only use my killing for good

death sext

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I'll try to only use my killing for good

how good are you at killing fire?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Now that the LP is up and going, maybe it's time to change the thread title. Any suggestions?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Rimworld BYOB: Home of the kind, pretty, nervous serial murderers?

death sext

Rimworld BYOB: THERES LAWYERS OUT THERE IN THE WOODS

Rimworld BYOB: A Labrador retriever doubled over and retching onto the floor with great shame

the second one is probably too long but it still makes me laugh

POOL IS CLOSED

rimworld: if a smokeleaf lawyer says "whoa" in space, does it make a sound

Scaly Haylie

all the rimworld's a stage, and all the yobbers merely let's players

welcome 2 Clown Town

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
this lp is good and i lol'd a few time gj op i like it

it would be better if you included me though :getin:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

this lp is good and i lol'd a few time gj op i like it

it would be better if you included me though :getin:

Well, I have 37 names on my list, and you're number 30. The colony is at a point where if I can keep it going, extra colonists should start joining at a fairly reasonable rate, and these guys have been remarkably long lived, so expect some tragic deaths and new arrivals soon!

joke_explainer

the dog vomiting symbolizes the rejection of consumerism and the panther is how the general public consume relentlessly no matter what

I love that its a masterwork sculpture (better than the original) about the time I made a different sculpture, and six pheasants were watching me (I'm assuming I was really high the first time)

joke_explainer

the engineer, of course, is God. or capitalism. not sure

POOL IS CLOSED

it's meta, of course it's better than the original

Piso Mojado

update on lil piso cactus?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Piso Mojado posted:

update on lil piso cactus?

not yet. Unfortunately for you, we crash landed in a temperate zone. No cactuses yet

vanisher

A masterwork sculpture labelled "intimacy with vanisher" featuring pheasants was made

don't kink shame me those were sexy pheasants

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

vanisher posted:

A masterwork sculpture labelled "intimacy with vanisher" featuring pheasants was made

vanisher

^^^^ lol

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Brace for Rimworld Theology: the Baker is God and the Engineer is the Demiurge. These poor fucks really were prophets: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Metallocrustomachinaism .
Clearly, if the Toaster (engineer) created the universe then a Baker (God) must have made the bread.

Great LP, by the way. Call it Rimworld: Revalations?

----------------

Scaly Haylie

vanisher posted:

if anything he's proud of your kinks.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
I'd say were like one or two successful LPs from a sub-forum renaming to "BYOB: masters of the universe (but really chill about it)" or something along those lines...

----------------

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Purple Mind is likely a reference to Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple (Abum: Machine Head - Engineer Reference?). The "stupid with a flare gun" is probably whoever posted that prophecy. They "burned the place to the ground" - old theological paradigms -leaving "smoke on the water" and "a fire in the sky". It seems to me as though this is describing God (the Baker) ripping his bong. What we can infer from this is that whatever world we're now inhabiting here on the rim, it's both lit and dank. Therefore, it's likely an artistic paradise and very, very chill.

----------------

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Riffing wildly, here, I'm going to suggest that aside from a few minor issues, the leading cause of death is a condition known as "terminal chillness" where one simply gets so chill they decide to do nothing BUT chill, in order to not harsh those sweet, sweet vibes. This can be seen as a form of enlightenment, which Joke Explainer has clearly attained. Therefore, our purpose, untill such a time as we all attain such a state, is to function as a frontier monastery, producing art, taking in refugees, and smoking hella dank. The serial killers were most likely pushed to that state by an R.D. Laing-esque social situation in which "violence masqueraded as love" - mother playing roulette (Russian? more artwork necessary) with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit [the three gunsmiths in Purple Mind]. Here, they shall find peace.

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I decided to try my hand at making one of these.

so...

joke_explainer

so...

That's loving amazing. Thank you.

bean mom

top shelf stuff! both of you

----------------

social vegan

so...

gat dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Serial killers? Welcome. Someone needs to kill this stuff! I love it!

• Locked thread