Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaveARottenDay

I would like to be a greedy con-artist guy that the colony will likely end up banishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I decided to try my hand at making one of these.

so...

Good art.

----------------

welcome 2 Clown Town

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Well, I have 37 names on my list, and you're number 30. The colony is at a point where if I can keep it going, extra colonists should start joining at a fairly reasonable rate, and these guys have been remarkably long lived, so expect some tragic deaths and new arrivals soon!

thats ok man totally fine i was just makin a joke/bein sarcastic

keep up the good work truely enjoying it

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Please post every last one of the arts texts so I can try to read between the lines. I'd explain Circuloid no. 94 but it'd drive anyone who isn't already insane to madness.

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

JuulPodSaveAmerica

Blanketspace posted:

Please post every last one of the arts texts so I can try to read between the lines. I'd explain Circuloid no. 94 but it'd drive anyone who isn't already insane to madness.

As far as I can tell, it thinks it's describing the 94th ring of techno-hell, but it's wrong.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Also I want in on this rimworld lp.

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

drilldo squirt posted:

Also I want in on this rimworld lp.

Already on my list, my dude. You're number 20.

Senior Management

Yobgoblin posted:

I'm in, OP.

Character name: whocares
Trait: mind controlling lobsters

They're trying to sue treasure_bear for all his riches. We must stop them!

Rude

:jerry:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Tonight on BYOB Rimworld: A Labrador retriever doubled over and retching onto the floor with great shame:

That fire burns itself out before getting to the base
:shrug:

A dude named Dankman passes through!

We recruit an old lady!

Joke Explainer get his first solo art show!

TOOT BOOT cuts a motherfucker's arm and leg off!

And exploding rats!

So, it's our first winter and the crops are all dying except for the ones in our greenhouse.

Here is our base so far.

Luckily, we have FUCKTONS of food, and it's stored well below freezing temperature, so it should last us quite a while.
We started constructing heaters in all of our rooms, but time was running out and mining was going slowly, so I spent almost all of our silver on steel and components to get everyone all toasty.

We adopted a 131 year old tortoise, who took so long getting to our base that she lost her tail to frostbite and has asthma. Do tortoises actually get asthma? She's fine, though, and I hope to train her up to be a fierce battle tortoise.

Oh fudge-rear end, another elephant attack. We're better prepared this time and we have better weapons, and not TOOT BOOT has a steel spear that's just tailor made for elephant stabbing.

Take that, you long-nosed jerk!

It's time we addressed the elephant in the room. (haha, a little elephant in a room joke for you)

We're in a temperate zone, but we're fairly close to the equator, so the sold snap passes fairly quickly, and even warms up enough to actually start planting again.

Of course, Joke Explainer is still at it, but TOOT BOOT and The Gravitron have started making art as well.

Well, TOOT, the important thing is that you tried. LEt's see what kind of art our resident serial killer is making.

:stare:

Oh dear, a little old lady is calling for help!

She's being chased by a group of mean jerks! We will kill the jerks.

With a single shot with his new, high powered sniper rifle, Vanisher blows a guys leg right off his body and kills him instantly. God drat, dude.

After this, the bad guys, who probably weren't that invested in catching the little old lady, break and run for it. But TOOT BOOT, having had enough of this poo poo, chases down one of the injured pirates.
It's at this point that he slices the guys arm and leg off Obi Wan Kenobi-style, and leaves him to die in the marsh. Honestly, even though we have what pretty much amounts to a happy-go-lucky artist colony, you really don't want to gently caress with the BYOB crew.

Everybody welcome Social Vegan! She's a 77 years young former addiction counselor, and is a nervous, greedy prosthophile.

IT's good that she's a prosthophile, because she's in near constant severe pain from her bad back and all of her injuries. She's also slow as gently caress, but she's a pretty good fighter, so I gave her an extra heavy SMG that I had laying around. It's also nice to have a weapon that throws a lot of lead because all of our guys so far have been sharpshooters and sometimes you just get a huge bum-rush of guys that are just begging to be mowed down.

Our building projects are coming along nicely. Here, newbie Social Vegan and Blanketspace work together to expand our prison. I hope to capture, heal and release some of the enemy tribespeople as this is a quick way to improve relations between factions.

Well, she's only been here a couple of days, and Social Vegan has already decided that Blanketspace is her rival. This will add to tensions in the colony, but if Blanketspace dies, all the others will get a mood debuff from his passing, but she will get happiness from it.

Pretty soon, everyone will have their own place and leave the barracks open to house new recruits or I might turn it into a hospital. We've been doing ok, but the lack of a hospital will really hurt us if we have something really bad happen, or an epidemic sweeps through.

Whoa, what the hell?

I missed it while I was working on the base, but apparently a bear and a cougar got into an epic, bloody battle at the bottom of the map. The cougar lies dead and the bear apparently wandered off a bit before collapsing on the ground. He's alive right now, but he quickly died after I took this screenshot. Remember, kids, life is hard in the wilderness.

Oh, gosh, what now? For those that haven't played the game before, Boomrats are small, fast rodents that were bred to organically produce dangerous materials as a way of farming propellants and other chemicals. Needless to say, they explode when you kill them, and unlike their larger cousins, the Boomalope, are very, very quick and tend to rush in and blow up your colonists. Still, that last few manhunter packs so far have been limited to one or two animals, so there shouldn't be too many of them.

Everybody hold on to your butts.

Oh God

Oh merciful heavens!

Somebody help!

Jeremy Christ!

The Boomrats are all dead, but the fires! The fires!

The barracks are a total loss. Everybody is very badly injured, but they are fighting fires to the point of exhaustion. This happened in the middle of the night and nobody has gotten any sleep yet. Every once in a while, somebody passes out and I have to draft somebody to drag them away before they're overcome by fire.

Oh no, not the sculptures!

Finally! The fire destroyed some of our wall, a wind turbine, solar panels, just about everything in the barracks, and all of the wiring that connects the houses to the main grid. Luckily, it's warming up, so even with the heaters down, nobody will freeze to death in their beds.

Vanisher, being our man on the front lines got the worst of it. He was separated from the others in the fight and was trapped in the fire. He has burns all over his body. :ohdear:

Social Vegan, though in terrible pain, is working overtime patching everybody up.

As the barracks were destroyed in the fire, I've re-purposed the half finished prison as a temporary barracks. The Gravitron took a heck of a beating as well.

gently caress

gently caress

I really wish we had a hospital right now.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
hm, what are the odds that we see a fatal earache

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

hm, what are the odds that we see a fatal earache

With no hospital? Very good. I could amputate the ear but with the RNG values for surgery all effed up on this release, poor Gravitron might end up with both of his arms removed, or be completely emptied of internal organs. We'll try to power through it.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
sounds like the va!

toke some smokeleaf and sleep on it, gravitron

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Also, even a successful operation to amputate TOOT BOOT's torso would probably be bad

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah you guys just keep on building the colony and doing all the dangerous hard stuff. I gotta lay here and smoke weed. Docs orders

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Yeah you guys just keep on building the colony and doing all the dangerous hard stuff. I gotta lay here and smoke weed. Docs orders

rude

social vegan

*scotch tapes heavy SMG to my leg and sits up at night watching Blanketspace sleep*

treasure bear

so...

Twenty Four

so...

Comming from someone with zero visual art skills, but, this is pretty much perfect.

Best of luck, our new colony!

vanisher

I'm a crack shot even if i'm covered in burns and dying from infection.

I love how I saved SV from the people chasing her, and we are close to being enemies.

SV: You sure took your time saving my life
V: Jeez lady

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Add me to the ol list

Name: Mr. Piano

Trait: surprise me

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah dat sucks man Wish mi cud help but doc says mi need fi lie here an duh nothing Hey yuh cya bring mi sum munchies?

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I really enjoy rim world but I'm a terrible manager. I'd like to be a future colonist as well!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Episode ?: Things go to poo poo!

It got a bit close, but everybody survived their infections.

Even if TOOT BOOT couldn't resist a snack and passed out in the kitchen.

At this time, I hadn't had the chance to clean up after the battle and wounded Boomrats would explode every once in a while when they died.

The Gravitron and Social Vegan kind of lost it a little bit and went screwy because of all the stress.

Oh, hey, a guy crash landed! Let's rescue him.

Oh, well never mind. He's decided to just walk away leaving a bloody mess without receiving any medical care. Well, gently caress him.

Social Vegan loses it again and starts eating all our food, which is fine, because we still have a ton of it.

We finally capture a couple of raiders from the Red Tree Nation. patching them up and releasing them will go a long way toward becoming friends with the faction.

Unfortunately, we may have shot off some of their arms and legs. Ah well, we can give them peg legs and let them hobble home.

And why were we fighting raiders? To save our good friend Mr Willsauce, of course!

Our War Tortoise did great as well, but suffered a few cracks to the shell. Luckily we can patch those up and she'll be good as new...well as good as new as you can get when you're over 100 years old.

Hmm. this could be bad. These ships are always full of mechanoids, and I'm not sure we have what it takes to take them on in a full assault. However, we have a bunch of good sniper rifles, and mechanoids tend to have short-medium range weapons, so I have a plan.

We work all night building a small, covered defensive structure and wait for the day. as we'll be under cover and they won't, it will be easier for us to hit them and harder for them to hit us.

And that lasted only a couple of seconds. Luckily there were only a couple of Scythers in there and we killed the hell out of them.

Aaaaaand now we have an infestation in one of the little caves we made when we mines out some of that compacted steel. We'll kill them fairly easily, but I've made a very rash executive decision. We're going to get rid of all the loving mountains.

gently caress you, mountain to the north! I never liked you anyway!

Mountain to the southeast, you can go to hell!

Oh no, is this because I angered the Mountain Gods? Well gently caress you, Gods, you can't do nothing to me!

gently caress... Social Vegan, you were a good colonist. You were old and frail and kind of went crazy a lot, but we loved you.

A touching tribute.

Oh, ok, we'll save another colonist. Fights have been going pretty well so far.

Oh drat, that's a lot of guys.
We fought hard and so did they. they rushed us pretty hard and we were unable to keep them away with our guns, Every body got hurt very badly.

TOOT BOOT! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Poor Vanisher lived, but he's completely paralyzed. I'm not sure we can even do anything for him. Maybe if we get some Luciferium, we can heal him up, but once he takes it, he's on it for life or he dies. :(

Gravitron survived, which is good, since he's the only one who can fight now. We might just be doomed.

:sadwave:

social vegan

thank u vanisher for making my coffin i'll never forget you all or all the food you had

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

social vegan posted:

thank u vanisher for making my coffin i'll never forget you all or all the food you had

I only noticed after she died that your character's full name was White Social Vegan. lol

social vegan

lol i don't see colours (i'm dead)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

So, I've played this map for about an in-game year. Would anybody else like to take the helm, or should I keep going?

JuulPodSaveAmerica
It looks picture perfect to me! You could start a new one where the mountain gods aren't angry!

----------------

welcome 2 Clown Town

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
be nice to all gods kill all raiders

kill the plague

colony starting to look a bit grim

bean mom

This game seems so much harsher than df

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Zyla posted:

This game seems so much harsher than df

I this it's arguably less harsh than DF, but with Rimworld you have a chance to get attached to the characters. In DF, you can lose 40 dorfs in a battle and 50 more will come over in the next migrant wave, but with Rimworld, you get one or two at a time, and you have to learn their personality in order to manage an effective colony. When your only doctor dies, it really gets challenging, but I find that this is the strength of this game, as it makes for great personal stories.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

this thread got me to play rimworld again and i'm glad i am, the new updates own

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

food court bailiff posted:

this thread got me to play rimworld again and i'm glad i am, the new updates own

I have yet to get to the point in this game where we can mount an expedition, but I'm sure it will lead to more hilarity/gruesome death

vanisher

Oh no I'm paralyzed!! That's okay you other colonists can take care of my needs.

(Lonely vanisher left in a room too long is visited by a caretaker) Let me tell you about white social vegan! (Ugh not again)

JuulPodSaveAmerica

vanisher posted:

Oh no I'm paralyzed!! That's okay you other colonists can take care of my needs.

(Lonely vanisher left in a room too long is visited by a caretaker) Let me tell you about white social vegan! (Ugh not again)

Will you stop vanishing?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT

I bought Rimworld based on this thread

• Locked thread