Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to be/choose the President of C-Spam?
This poll is closed.
Joementum 24 17.91%
nonsense 5 3.73%
Squizzle 2 1.49%
crazy cloud 2 1.49%
al! 8 5.97%
http://i.imgur.com/BtyHcam.jpg 12 8.96%
Matey 2 1.49%
Baloogan 10 7.46%
Covok 2 1.49%
Negromancer 3 2.24%
Lindsey O. Graham 5 3.73%
Epic High Five 2 1.49%
Boosted_C5 4 2.99%
Zyla 2 1.49%
Ed Balls 5 3.73%
big black turnout 1 0.75%
karl sharks 3 2.24%
Mariana Horchata 8 5.97%
Duscat 1 0.75%
Cefte 5 3.73%
Yinlock 1 0.75%
Vilerat 4 2.99%
Mitt Romney 3 2.24%
Turdfuzz 15 11.19%
Caro 5 3.73%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Welcome to Stage 2 of the C-Spam Presidential Election!

As always, any discussion not specifically about getting votes in this election or voting for these candidates should go in the President of C-Spam Election Season: Meta-Discussion thread.

Above you should see all the candidates that received nominations in Stage 1. You, members of the voting public of C-Spam, now have the opportunity to vote for who you think would make the best President of C-spam (or, alternately, who you think would pick the best President of C-Spam).

Anyone who receives any votes at all during this stage of the election will move on to the next stage and become both a candidate and an elector, with a vote power equivalent to the number of votes they received in this stage. The next stage will require them to post in an actual thread - so long as you vote for someone capable of doing that, your vote will probably not be wasted!

PMs will be sent out to anyone who makes it through this round, letting them know how far they have made it in the process.

In addition to voting, though, this is the first opportunity for candidates to make their pitches and convince people that they are the one true rightful president of C-Spam! Make your case here, and someone might even read it before voting!

Also, Maximum votes is 25. If you want to vote for Donald J Trump or Hillary Clinton, please post that in the thread in bold and I'll count it towards the votes.

This thread will be open for roughly 36 hours, and then we will move on to ROUND TWO voting.

VOTE CAREFULLY! ALL VOTES ARE FINAL

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Remember that a person needs at least one vote to make it to the next round - that first vote is incredibly important! Votes beyond that still matter quite a bit in the eventual winner, but anyone who doesn't have a single vote within the next 36 hours will be straight up ELIMINATED.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Edit: Weird double post not sure what happened there.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
couldn't you have just made this a checkbox poll, and then gone by approval rating? approval voting is a thing

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
like now i have to vote strategically and boy am i not ready for some game theory right now!!!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

rudatron posted:

couldn't you have just made this a checkbox poll, and then gone by approval rating? approval voting is a thing

Because approval voting wouldn't make any sense in a transferable vote/elector based system?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
both my candidates have a vote so im happy

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

If you don't want to vote strategically you can always just vote for the person you most trust to vote in your own best interests, since they'll pay the vote forward appropriately!

Assuming they don't betray your confidence, of course.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
but boy ill be pissed if some stupid gimmick poster like lindsey graham ends up winning!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no, i mean you're using this poll to eliminate people for the actual, proper election, right?

so why not use approval voting to do that

we just vote for all the options we think are cool, then you pick the guys with the biggest numbers for the election

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

rudatron posted:

no, i mean you're using this poll to eliminate people for the actual, proper election, right?

No, this poll is the poll used to elect Electors and determine how many votes they will command. The elimination is mostly a fortunate side effect.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I vote for Ed balls.

Dont you supress my vote or let putin manipulate it.

So dont be a republican

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I just want to make clear: This voting methodology has been specifically tailored to achieve the best possible outcome based on a variety of concerns, and that being eliminated in this round does not necessarily mean you can not ultimately win the election - only an elimination in the final round removes you from the pool for good!

Elimination in this round simply removes you from consideration in the first final round "up/down" vote, which seems appropriate if you couldn't get a single person to vote for you!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
why not just make the candidates do something funny to win?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i demand bread and circuses

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

why not just make the candidates do something funny to win?

You, the voter, can create whatever requirements you want for a candidate to earn your vote.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

is gonna run away w/it and justly so

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i demand the abandonment of bourgeoisie electoral politics and a move towards revolutionary struggle

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Remember that a person needs at least one vote to make it to the next round - that first vote is incredibly important! Votes beyond that still matter quite a bit in the eventual winner, but anyone who doesn't have a single vote within the next 36 hours will be straight up ELIMINATED.

Sounds like voter suppression to me. Anyone with big MLK Day plans that can't get to a computer is going to miss their window. What kind of sham election is this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
full anarchism now isn't on the poll voted 0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i voted for turdfuzz before clicking the picture can my vote be changed to that

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jose posted:

full anarchism now isn't on the poll voted 0

arthur fist represents full anarchism by de facto

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

i want to inform the voters, these fine folks, really just the best folks believe me, of my answer to the most important question that can be faced by any president of this esteemed forum

heck yes, i'd kill baby hitler

karl sharks 2017!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

arthur fist represents full anarchism by de facto

yeah i want my vote changed to it

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Not a Step posted:

Sounds like voter suppression to me. Anyone with big MLK Day plans that can't get to a computer is going to miss their window. What kind of sham election is this?

Complaints of voter suppression should be directed to the meta discussion thread, where they can be more easily ignored. Thank you in advance.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Jose posted:

yeah i want my vote changed to it

All votes are final. I'll even add that to the OP.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

All votes are final. I'll even add that to the OP.

well turdfuzz is not far off i guess

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a vote for squizzle is a vote for

uh

marginally increasing my influence in the next round of iteratively winnowing the field of electors until only one remains, who will propose a comprehensive presidential platform including terms and limitations of office, which will then be presented as a referendum to the general cspam community, w further rounds of nomination, winnowing, and referendum to follow if this initial referendum fails

i think???

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Squizzle posted:

a vote for squizzle is a vote for

uh

marginally increasing my influence in the next round of iteratively winnowing the field of electors until only one remains, who will propose a comprehensive presidential platform including terms and limitations of office, which will then be presented as a referendum to the general cspam community, w further rounds of nomination, winnowing, and referendum to follow if this initial referendum fails

i think???

squizzle i love ya, but that's an awfully d&d answer

where do your real loyalties lie :tinfoil:

ps i use that pic you drew as my av on discord and it's gotten compliments :3:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Karl Sharks posted:

i want to inform the voters, these fine folks, really just the best folks believe me, of my answer to the most important question that can be faced by any president of this esteemed forum

heck yes, i'd kill baby hitler

karl sharks 2017!!

Okay ill vote for you.

But only if you vote for me

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
JOE

*Click*

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

who the gently caress voted for Mitt

fight me irl

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

fight me irl

I assume it was someone who doesn't know he's an actual poster in addition to being a failed presidential candidate.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

fight me irl

i don't know who voted for him, but it's pretty easy to check and see who nominated him and seconded it if you want to!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

:mitt:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Folks, you know me, you know I love the Trump Thread, and you know I am always going to put the Trump thread first. A lot of people say it, and they are afraid to say it, but they do say it, when the democrat thread sends their people to the Trump thread, they're not sending their best people, believe me, they're sending their redtexts and their chainprobatees and their terrible posters, and some of them, some of them presumably are good people, but folks, we need to put a complete stop to it. We need to put a complete stop to it until we can figure out what's going on! So what we're going to do is we're going to build a wall across the entire thread list and it's going be big and beautiful and you know what's best? We're gonna make the democrat thread pay for it! It's not gonna cost us a penny, believe me. And we're gonna send them all back to the democrat thread and then they can come back to the Trump thread legally, with what I call heavy vetting to make sure they have our values. And folks, right now C-SPAM is a complete catastrophe. It's terrible whats going on here. Crooked Baloogan has been probating our most hardworking shitposters, he is the most corrupt IK ever, and he should never have been allowed to moderate, but we're gonna lock him up! We're gonna lock him up folks! And I've visited some of the threads on C-SPAM, and they're a disaster, they have nothing there, no jokes, no insight, nothing, but I can fix that, they have nothing because their posting jobs have been outsourced, I'm going put a 35% tariff on all Twitter quotes and bring the jokemaking back home! And I know I'm going to have great support, I have huge support from these people. What have you got to lose?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i have the most shitposts therefore i am the best at shitpost business

bing bang boom so simple

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Regular nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I will self-ban from C-Spam if I win and you'll never see my horrible posts again, if you vote me to victory.

Covok2017, Let's Make Something Awful Again!

• Locked thread