Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Scribbleykins posted:

Quick comment. You only get the die itself in bounty from looting casualties (so 10, which is still the jackpot!), and you can -only- loot bounty from casualties. Check the difference in "looting the dead" and "looting the undead" sections.

shows what I get for only ctrl F in a hurry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I went ahead and edited a post into my reply to Twibbit since it was the top of the page. No actions just fluff.

Anything else you all want to check out here? I think we've picked it fairly clean.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Just give me the go ahead to narrate the next leg, which will be the last leg to the job site, Final leg will be on the way back, Ross Payton style.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
If you guys don't really want to do this just say the word. I'm fine with taking the sanity hit.

I concealed my shotgun, because it's basically the only thing I have to get out of trouble. Although, I'm probably just going to run for the truck if that happens.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
I'm cool with shopping, just posted without checking if anyone else did first. I'll have somethi g up later today.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Sometimes I worry I am being too obvious in my writing.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Twibbit posted:

I think you're doing fine. I have some pretty strong suspicions, but I'm still hesitant to just blast this guy in half on the outside chance it's just a colostomy bag or something.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
That rat bastard!

I can't access my copy of the rules right now. How do you roll iniative? I think it's black plus speed v. red, but I can't remember exactly.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

girth brooks part 2 posted:

That rat bastard!

I can't access my copy of the rules right now. How do you roll iniative? I think it's black plus speed v. red, but I can't remember exactly.

Black+speed, red is rolled but is used by me for humans. I get to pick and choose from all your reds

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

Just fake us out every now and again, so that if we jump to conclusions terrible things will happen and it will be all our fault. :v:

Also, even if we can see the writing on the wall, that doesn't meant we'll metagame. Boy Scout walked right into this one, after all. Speaking of, did following his spot into trouble give him a will at all?

Also; do you we roll with hit location as per the original roll, or do we roll hit location separately?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

Just fake us out every now and again, so that if we jump to conclusions terrible things will happen and it will be all our fault. :v:

Also, even if we can see the writing on the wall, that doesn't meant we'll metagame. Boy Scout walked right into this one, after all. Speaking of, did following his spot into trouble give him a will at all?

Also; do you we roll with hit location as per the original roll, or do we roll hit location separately?

hit location separately. and yes you get your will

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
That escalated quickly.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

hit location separately. and yes you get your will

Hit location: 1d10 Red 4

Left arm - but I'd still spend a will to get the effect of immobilizing him for some chummin'.

Remember your extra point of will, girth!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

If I am right, boy scout is still not in the vehicle, are you really driving off right now Lala O_o

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I bent the rules a bit here, but drat it you are making so much bounty here

Reminder for awareness check, specifically Lala as something has changed that will affect driving away...

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I over looked you asking for the Self Control check and edited it into my post.

Here it is again just in case:

Self Control +2: B6 R1 Total: B8 R1

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

I bent the rules a bit here, but drat it you are making so much bounty here

Reminder for awareness check, specifically Lala as something has changed that will affect driving away...

Nope, this is fair. This is what I expected when we got a 26 bounty windfall. Terrible terrible things.

This is also why I spent will, because will is what you spend to not have terrible things happen to you or your friends.

e: Although we were goddamn lucky Scrapie won that initiative.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
If the opportunity arises I am going to try and tag this vector, my sanity be damned. Please don't feel at all like you have to stick to around to let me. I will not be the slightest bit disappointed if you guys take the first chance we see to get us the hell out of here.

Hope you have a nice vacation, Twibbit!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

If the opportunity arises I am going to try and tag this vector, my sanity be damned. Please don't feel at all like you have to stick to around to let me. I will not be the slightest bit disappointed if you guys take the first chance we see to get us the hell out of here.

Hope you have a nice vacation, Twibbit!

I think it was Lala who had the crossbow and bolts. Besides, why tag a crippled vector when our employer wants to study large-scale stampedes?

Oh, and likewise on the vacation, Twibbit. Enjoy yourself!

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
I'm leaning more towards getting to the job site ASAP. Preferably by ramming through the crowd of casualties right in front of us if it would get me a Will :v:

Also enjoy your vacation!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Scribbleykins posted:

I think it was Lala who had the crossbow and bolts. Besides, why tag a crippled vector when our employer wants to study large-scale stampedes?

Oh, and likewise on the vacation, Twibbit. Enjoy yourself!

Those are both very valid points. I was thinking we might be able to get some extra bounty for it, but yeah it's just kind of waste since I'm probably going to use my share of whatever pittance we get for it on getting my sanity back. Screw it, I'll try clear out some of the Casualties in our way, or hose down the vector if it presents a problem.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

On the 12 hour ride home. Game will continue soonish

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aaand the realization slowly starts to sink in that we're all crap shots with a crossbow.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

Aaand the realization slowly starts to sink in that we're all crap shots with a crossbow.

well some are in torpor if you are lucky to stab them fast.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

sorry for the late post, this cold kinda knocked me out yesterday, but doing lots better today.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
I have no few regrets.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Some people are just rude.

Maybe we can still talk them down if we don't shoot them too much.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Some people are just rude.

Maybe we can still talk them down if we don't shoot them too much.

Welp. You can't reason with the marble-less. Let's take 'em down and take their poo poo.

Twibbit, Scrapie's tactic was to stand and try to talk 'em down so that's what he did. Unless you're giving it to me as a freebie, in which case I'm happy to start shooting.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

...pssst...
pssst
Lala
Your turn

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Do I have any actions? Thought I used my twitch and tactic last post with the dodging the shot and getting into cover behind the truck.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I considered that just your twitch mentally. Oh dear did I miss something again >_<

Rereading, We only said Twitch

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Getting into cover's a tactic I think so let's go with those being my turn.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing that getting into cover rather than talking to the wind would have been a real nice move.

But them's the breaks of being the talker.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Bleh, GMing pbp combat is more confusing than I thought it would be!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

Bleh, GMing pbp combat is more confusing than I thought it would be!

So it is! Also, just to double-check how taking damage works, am I taking 4 damage from my Red 4 to location 5?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

So it is! Also, just to double-check how taking damage works, am I taking 4 damage from my Red 4 to location 5?

while I am rolling hit locations separately, I believe Damage is still the Black Die

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Twibbit posted:

while I am rolling hit locations separately, I believe Damage is still the Black Die

Yup, it is. I found the relevant passage in the book before making the post. So it's 1 to right arm.

Also, dem crit fails. :negative:

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scribbleykins posted:

Also, dem crit fails. :negative:

Ough. That's actually a critical failure on the Self-Control, Girth. Natural odds on the die are crit fails, evens are crit successes.

That's two critical failures on the Self-Control rolls, Twibbit. Sure you don't want to hand out anything more than 1 stress? If the die are anything to go by, this is clearly a very bad no good situation for our characters!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Scribbleykins posted:

Ough. That's actually a critical failure on the Self-Control, Girth. Natural odds on the die are crit fails, evens are crit successes.

That's two critical failures on the Self-Control rolls, Twibbit. Sure you don't want to hand out anything more than 1 stress? If the die are anything to go by, this is clearly a very bad no good situation for our characters!

Oh drat, you're right. For some reason I had it my head that was crit success. Yeah we are in a world of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Scribbleykins posted:

I thought you critfailed the gun, not the humanity.

Yeah Crit fail Humanity is easily 2 stress

• Locked thread