Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I was thinking about cheerful Kurt Angle memories and remembered when Angle was feuding with Undertaker (American Badass version). They were on a PPV and Kurt finds Taker's bike but instead of being dastardly about it, he gets all goofy impressed with it like a kid and hops on it to pretend he's riding it. Then Undertaker shows up and spots him and the camera does this beautiful crash zoom on Angle making a :aaa: face.

Or there was that Austin heel run stuff, so many great moments between the two but one that always cracked me up was when he insisted angrily he didn't need any help fighting Booker T. He proceeds to get his rear end kicked, runs backstage to find Vince and Austin and shouts,"WHERE WERE YOU GUYS!?! :mad:" at them.

Or or the night he won the title from Austin and all the WWE guys came out to celebrate with him and when he saw Undertaker he crashed into him for a hug like Taker was his daddy, and Taker just gently pats him on the shoulder :3:

Or or or the time he did the Ho-Down with Edge and Christian!

Or or or or the time he and Brock Lesnar were sitting around backstage chugging gallons of milk!

Kurt Angle owns.

I can't remember correctly but did Kurt get a moped for himself or for Undertaker during that feud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Kurt Angle riding in the milk truck will forever be my father's favorite moment in wrestling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Rey Mysterio, you're a boy in the land of men. And I'm a man who loves to play with boys...wait."

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Corzaa posted:

I can't remember correctly but did Kurt get a moped for himself or for Undertaker during that feud?

For Undertaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoRbta302U

Chanting "you suck" live followed by his totally believable indignance when I was 13 was a singular, unforgettable pleasure. Kurt Angle was the best.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

A Real Horse posted:

Kurt Angle riding in the milk truck will forever be my father's favorite moment in wrestling.

JR was on fire for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLkIWeqFKI

Man, they really hit the jackpot with Kurt Angle. Like, they probably just hired him because is an Olympic gold medalist, but then he turned out to also be incredibly charismatic and talented as well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
What I loved about Kurt too was that yeah he would be this dorky goof in the feud but when they got to the actual match he was just an unstoppable machine who could out wrestle you no matter what.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I wonder what a world where Angle was more reasonable, went to rehab, took a year off, and then rejoined WWE would have looked like.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I love the You Suck chants. So does Kurt :3::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdvqTNSU-Gg

...or maybe not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI7_W5FVuyY

Angle is great is what I'm saying.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Rhonne posted:

JR was on fire for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLkIWeqFKI

Man, they really hit the jackpot with Kurt Angle. Like, they probably just hired him because is an Olympic gold medalist, but then he turned out to also be incredibly charismatic and talented as well.

"THE MILLION DOLLAR PRINCESS, HAS BECOME, A DAIRY QUEEN"

wrestling is good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nothing killed my interest in the Cruiserweights quicker than putting them on RAW and treating them like they've got leprosy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like I really missed out by getting into wrestling last year and not the years with Kurt Angle.

Then again, I got into wrestling with the year that had AJ Styles, so maybe I did okay.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

RealFoxy posted:

Nothing killed my interest in the Cruiserweights quicker than putting them on RAW and treating them like they've got leprosy

This is why having Neville beat the poo poo out of all of them has re-ignited my interest in the division

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Corzaa posted:

It was for Taker cos I'll always remember his line when he came out with it.
'Undertaker take a look at your new... Sleek...Scooter!'
*is wearing a dorky helmet*

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Looks like I made the right choice in catching up on the last three episodes of Sherlock rather than watching RAW.

SmackDown here I come!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I totally forgot about that scooter bit, and yet I remember Kendrick's bicycle clear as day. I wonder what else I've forgotten.

Something that always gets me whenever I watch old-rear end Raw footage is just how loving unbearable Jerry Lawler is on commentary. He's still terrible now, or whenever it was he was last at the desk, but holy poo poo, he's about a million times worse in those old segments.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Raw sounds bad, drat.

Looking forward to them screwing up the Rumble for, what, the 4th year in a row? The Rumble is always fun, hopefully the crowd will be happy instead of making GBS threads all over it again but hey I love the crowd making GBS threads on things so it's guaranteed to be fun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Defiance Industries posted:

Not cool of them to announce Angle's induction on MLK day. He said himself he wasn't a big fan of "the blacks."

Wrestling is a sport steeped in racism and this is what bothers you? Might as well not watch it at all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Alteisen posted:

Wrestling is a sport steeped in racism and this is what bothers you? Might as well not watch it at all.

He's also not a fan of Jesus.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Might as well not make jokes at all

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stanfield posted:

Angle is great is what I'm saying.

I was at this show and it was so much fun singing you suck at him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stanfield posted:

Oh man this reminded me that next to Stone Cold (who created it!), Kurt Angle was the best at reacting to/dealing with the "WHAT!?!" chants. :3:

He had such a gift for making the crowd believe they were getting under his skin and they loving LOVED getting under his skin, it was so great.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

RealFoxy posted:

I can't get interested in at all and I don't like that Brian Kendrick keeps showing up on my TV because of it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed "Sami Zayn: Master Rumble Strategist" last night.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I never really appreciated Angle at the time but in hindsight, what a guy!

Milk truck was a great moment, the black people promo was amazing ("who's he ever beat?") but the match with Michaels at Mania was a proper meeting of legends.

Also, the reverse correct think regarding the Roman Reigns cheering/booing guy is peak WWE.txt. I don't watch the weekly product any more but I know this push of his has gone on for, what, three years at this point? It hasn't worked. There's no shame, just try something else.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
He's going to be in his third mania main event in a row.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

FAROOQ posted:

He's going to be in his third mania main event in a row.

No way they put Braun vs. Roman on last. They'll do the Cena match last.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
haha sure.

roman reigns main events

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saw that Emmalina is coming soon. Hype!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

"Rey Mysterio, you're a boy in the land of men. And I'm a man who loves to play with boys...wait."

"What the hell's going on here? I just got pinned by an 8-year-old boy!"

Kurt Angle :allears:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm going to shoot on Daivari for exposing the business with that Rainmaker.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Good opening, good closing, good tag match (except for the end), and a decent bayley promo until the rhyming.

Better RAW than we've had in a bit

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I'm sure it's an exaggerated road story but I wish there was video of Angle doing the "we're gonna keep trying this entrance until you guys don't chant" bit from house shows. It was great on TV but at live events they'd do it ten times just to pop the back

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tokamak posted:

I'm going to shoot on Daivari for exposing the business with that Rainmaker.
I love how much Daivari pisses people off because he's in this basic feud with Jack Gallagher

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I didn't watch much of Raw, did they really not do any tribute for MLK but did for the dead murderer guy? :staredog:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

britishbornandbread posted:

I never really appreciated Angle at the time but in hindsight, what a guy!

Milk truck was a great moment, the black people promo was amazing ("who's he ever beat?") but the match with Michaels at Mania was a proper meeting of legends.

Also, the reverse correct think regarding the Roman Reigns cheering/booing guy is peak WWE.txt. I don't watch the weekly product any more but I know this push of his has gone on for, what, three years at this point? It hasn't worked. There's no shame, just try something else.

Roman can't help the fact that he was born hosed up!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how much Daivari pisses people off because he's in this basic feud with Jack Gallagher

He is a scoundrel and thus worthy of my ire! :mad:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

https://streamable.com/if5pz

How loving petty of the WWE.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

achillesforever6 posted:

People just hate him cause he's a scoundrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So Bayley has poems now. Were Bayley's poems as good as Heidenreich's POMES?

• Locked thread