Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Didn't WCW do this sort of thing with Goldberg? Piping in Goldberg chants, etc? And people actually LIKED him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Piping in chants and being so blatant about a video edit are two different things imo

E: Also Goldberg's growth in popularity was more organic. Reigns has been forced down our collective throats for years and they won't let up regardless of how much he continues to get booed

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 17, 2017

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I still think WWE killed Cody Rhodes' potential that time they ended Raw with the crowd chanting for him in that whole Orton/Legacy storyline and then replaced it with "Cena" chants in the recap the next week.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I bet Brian Kendrick is behind this
http://www.wwe.com/article/tajiri-injured

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tajiri wrestling in front of dead crowds at 205 Live and getting injured on NXT is the saddest thing ever. Return to Japan, awesome dude.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

JamMasterJim posted:

I bet Asuka is behind this

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Guessing there won't be a Resurrection of Tajiri dvd.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
they changed the ring ropes to purple three times last night. that's all i was thinking about while watching the cruiserweights.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

First KENTA and now Tajiri, this has gone too far! End the nXt experiment Hunter.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

weak man of the east can't hang with the bog dogs of the west

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

they changed the ring ropes to purple three times last night. that's all i was thinking about while watching the cruiserweights.

And one of those three times a match didn't even happen.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Has a crowd ever been hot for a cruiserweight match? On both Raw and 205 Live, it seems like purple ropes are a signal to sit on your hands. I like most of those guys too but I don't think I've seen a match with an interested crowd.

EDIT: The only one I can remember off-hand is the Swann/Kendrick match where the title changed hands, and even then it took the crowd a while to get into it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16U5eAMm9NU Kurt and Lesnar where great

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cromulent posted:

Has a crowd ever been hot for a cruiserweight match? On both Raw and 205 Live, it seems like purple ropes are a signal to sit on your hands. I like most of those guys too but I don't think I've seen a match with an interested crowd.

EDIT: The only one I can remember off-hand is the Swann/Kendrick match where the title changed hands, and even then it took the crowd a while to get into it.

Not a match yet, but Jack Gallagher has gotten the crowd to chant Scoundrel at Ariya Daivari, though Daivari helped it along by being such a scoundrel.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
man Roman was riding the tweener/douchebag line on the opener of Raw last night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's a few guys the audience really wants to care about but these matches are so goddamn lame on Raw and in such a bad position on 205 Live. They really don't stand a chance.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Solus posted:

man Roman was GOOD EVERYONE WAS CHEERING FOR ROMAN EVERYONE LOVES HIM on the opener of Raw last night.

I work for WWE and fixed this for you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I work for WWE and fixed this for you.

Hi Kane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

There's a few guys the audience really wants to care about but these matches are so goddamn lame on Raw and in such a bad position on 205 Live. They really don't stand a chance.

I'm glad Tozawa isn't dying on 205 Live or Raw yet

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's increasingly apparent that Ibushi and ZSJ made the right choice by not signing with the WWE

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

dsriggs posted:

https://streamable.com/if5pz

How loving petty of the WWE.

how loving petty of YOU for not cheering the juggernaut powerhouse big strong dog guy Roman Reigns after all the wwe has done for him you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE Cruiserweight division was doomed from the start I don't know why people wanted it so much after the last WWE Cruiserweight division.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Man, is it just me or was CFO$ killing it like all year last year? Wow.
There have definitely been a few gems, but they've done a lot of samey sounding music too. Daria's is clearly using the same type of sounds and cadence as the pre-violin intro in Nakamura's theme, and themes like Dillinger/Apollo/American Alpha all sort of sound the same with the synth horns-and-beat combo.

VJeff posted:

Re-make the Shield but with Sami. gently caress it. I'll cheer. I'll cheer your precious Roman if you do this for me, Vince.
The only way I'd accept an alternate Shield lineup is if they remade it with Chris Hero instead of Roman the way it was originally supposed to be.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

sticklefifer posted:

The only way I'd accept an alternate Shield lineup is if they remade it with Chris Hero instead of Roman the way it was originally supposed to be.

A SHIELD with Kassius Ohno instead of Roman Reigns loses their second match against John Cena+2.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE Cruiserweight division was doomed from the start I don't know why people wanted it so much after the last WWE Cruiserweight division.

The consensus I noticed was it was supposed to be like the only good thing about raiding the indies (they plunder, get all these good people, and then treat them well with good booking and great matches you can't get elsewhere)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well the thing was that people were trying to convince themselves that they would get the WCW cruiserweight division, when in reality we were always going to get the WWE cruiserweight division. They've always booked them as just smaller heavyweights.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Randy Orton flipped out on a guy in Jonesboro, AR

quote:

JONESBORO, Ark. – While many WWE fans were watching the action live at the ASU Convocation Center on Monday, several experienced the action up close and personal before the show ever even began.

Anthony Martin is a business professional in Jonesboro. From being active in local politics to being the assistant branch manager at a bank on Main Street in downtown Jonesboro, Martin can usually be seen with a smile on his face and friendly demeanor.

Like many in the Mid-South, he is a fan of professional wrestling, from when he watched WCW’s Sting in the 1990s, to today, where he doesn’t keep up with it as much but still enjoys the entertainment.

So on Monday, while Martin and his friends were at The Trim Gym in Jonesboro, they immediately noticed a familiar face in the gym – the 12-time world champion, veteran WWE star Randy Orton. Martin knew he had to get a photo with the celebrity.

“I approached him by myself and said, ‘Can I get a picture of you?,'” Martin said. “He gave me a fist bump and replied, ‘Sorry. I can’t hear you,’ pointing to his ear phones. We went our separate ways.”

Leaving Orton alone, Martin said he decided to snap a photo of the wrestler from across the room.

However, as Martin described – and as seems to be visible in the photo – this enraged the wrestling star.

“He saw me snap the picture and came up to me got in my face and said, ‘What the f**k are you doing? I said no **ddamn pictures! Are you f**king stupid?'” Martin said. “I said, ‘No. You said you couldn’t hear me.”

Cody Halstead is one of Martin’s friends who was at the gym with him. He told NEA Report what he saw transpire.

“(Orton) said, ‘I can’t hear you, bro,’ and walked away,” Halstead said. “So Anthony walked back and took a picture anyways and then Randy came over to Anthony, grabbed his hand and was belittling Anthony and pretty much was saying m’fer this, m’fer that.”

The tirade continued, both described, but Martin kept his cool and remained calm. Being a police officer in Cash and Craighead County for ten years taught him not to escalate the situation, he said.

“Still in my face, I said no disrespect man,” Martin said. “‘If you want, I can delete it.’ He said, ‘Yeah. F***ing delete it!’ I said, ‘Okay, seriously, no disrespect.'”

That’s when Martin said the pro wrestler took a step back. Martin’s police training came into play, he said.

“I stepped with him knowing that if he was going to hit me that he had no power if I stayed close,” Martin said. “My three friends were very close behind and then he said “F*** it. Keep the f**king picture. Enjoy your workout.'”

Jesus Randy, it's just a guy taking a photo in the gym. Let him take his photo from across the room, call him an rear end in a top hat to yourself, and go on with your workout.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 17, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least he isnt punching womens in the face.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

My favorite thing on Raw right now is tryhard Titus getting constantly and cruelly shut down by the New Day. It's human in a way that 99% of Raw is not.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well the thing was that people were trying to convince themselves that they would get the WCW cruiserweight division, when in reality we were always going to get the WWE cruiserweight division. They've always booked them as just smaller heavyweights.

Which was at least okay when you had guys like Green Batista Vs JBL on top and Billy Kidman Vs Paul London were doing the same style the heavyweights do now.

There really isn't a place for the WWE Cruiserweights when the main eventers are doing top rope dives every match.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

My favorite thing on Raw right now is tryhard Titus getting constantly and cruelly shut down by the New Day. It's human in a way that 99% of Raw is not.

on the one hand, it could be argued that it's a punishment for Titus burying both Darren and himself with that lovely promo

on the other hand, it's so loving appropriate for him and I really hope TND throw him out of the Rumble asap

e: as long as they don't move the entire UK division to America (just Wolfgang and eventually Mandrews, Dunne and the guy who won idk I didn't watch the thing) I have faith that the UK show will go strong for a good while to come

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 17, 2017

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Taking unsolicited pictures at the gym sounds like a pretty dick move, and at a lot of gyms probably something that'll get you banned, famous or not.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Golashes posted:

Taking unsolicited pictures at the gym sounds like a pretty dick move, and at a lot of gyms probably something that'll get you banned, famous or not.
There was that former Playboy model who took an unsolicited pic of an older woman in the nude at a gym shower that she only meant to share among friends in Snapchat, which ended up going viral. She made a horribly half-assed apology, ended up losing her radio gig and earned herself a lifetime ban from that gym nationwide.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 17, 2017

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Golashes posted:

Yeah that's how I feel about this. He didn't get permission for the photo to be taken, so it comes off to me as a bit of a dick move. I'm not keen on Orton, and his reaction if correctly reported is disappointing, but I can only imagine how constant the harassment is from the public no matter how well intentioned.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
His police training came into practice, picking a fight with one person while having three people behind him.

Wish Randy headbutted the oval office.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anthony Martin is a business professional in Jonesboro. From being active in local politics to being the assistant branch manager at a bank on Main Street in downtown Jonesboro

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

surely we should take the testimony of a former policeman at face value, when have they ever given us reason to doubt them

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Randy should have let the guy have the picture then later RKO'd him in the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"i definitely could have beat him up if i wanted to, i wasnt scared, my krav maga training kicked in" martin said

• Locked thread