Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol how the gently caress does that not get 50 given the standard they loving set earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Wagner is bad

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Melksham has had a couple of really jammy kicks under pressure this game

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Get hosed you loving bullshit fluro cunts three loving incorrect disposals in a row in their back 50 but nah let's just let them run it out for a goal, after all we can't possibly adjudicate dropping the ball when we have to have our micrometers at the loving ready to pay a 50

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My fave bit of that quarter was when Brisbane went end to end about the ten minute mark without a single Melbourne player breaking into anything above a jog, what the gently caress were they doing. Started with Garlett manning the kick in and just walking towards the guy who marked it in the pocket and never got better

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Seriously bernie......

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That's the second time this quarter Oliver has done something amazing then immediately hosed it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

In retrospect it seems obvious that putting a metal plate in Hogan would improve him. Look at Robocop, Wolverine, Lex Luger's bionic forearm

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol pay a 7 metre mark and then on the goal line the forward just throws our defender over the line before it arrives to let it through

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maybe the umpires should stop trying to pick 50 metres and work out what the gently caress 15 metres is for a mark

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cool Zorko just whacks Vince in the face right in front of the umpire who ignores it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Cam!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

After all the bullshit 50s they pick today, Brayshaw completes the mark and a Brisbane player comes front on to floor him and they ignore it. loving typical

Why the gently caress does Melbourne always have to make supporting them so difficult, 31 up in the last against the bottom team but hey yeah nah let's go and make it "interesting" for the fans. Jesus

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 20, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

38 minute first quarter? Who died :ohdear:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That win doesn't cement the Dees in the finals does it?

As I see it, if they lose next week, and any two of West Coast, Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda have big enough wins then they can fall out of the 8?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Solemn Sloth posted:

38 minute first quarter? Who died :ohdear:

Nielson got a knee in the back of the head, off on the stretcher

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

That win doesn't cement the Dees in the finals does it?

As I see it, if they lose next week, and any two of West Coast, Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda have big enough wins then they can fall out of the 8?

Yep. We are 10% up on the dogs and saints, but hopefully Adelaide get back and beat the eagles and we don't entirely poo poo the bed and lose by 150 points

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

hopefully Adelaide get back and beat the eagles

agreed

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Assuming Melbourne lose to Collingwood next week (and I am), Crows will be the gatekeepers of the top 8 against 9th placed West Coast in the final game of the season. Don't know my heart can take that poo poo.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
fremantle suck

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

Assuming Melbourne lose to Collingwood next week (and I am), Crows will be the gatekeepers of the top 8 against 9th placed West Coast in the final game of the season. Don't know my heart can take that poo poo.

Melbourne would have to get absolutely smashed by Collingwood (or West Coast smash Adelaide) to be overtaken on percentage.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

Melbourne would have to get absolutely smashed by Collingwood (or West Coast smash Adelaide) to be overtaken on percentage.

Nope, 7 goal combined margin across both games would do it, West Coast are only 2.1% behind us, it's the dogs and saints that are the next level down with a 10% gap.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Got a bit misty eyed watching Roo being chaired off. It'll be a long time before the Saints have a player of his all-around magnitude again, I think.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

We're basically playing a VFL side, you'll be fine.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Why am I even watching this loving dross

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

glasnost toyboy posted:

We're basically playing a VFL side, you'll be fine.

That's what makes me nervous

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ladder predictor says the final round is gonna get messy thanks to the Tigers winning massive today.

In fact Richmond seems to have avoided a trip to Adelaide, provided we beat the Eagles, they're either 3rd if they win, or 6th if they lose, and even that relies on Port and Sydney following through on formality wins.

Nobody has a guaranteed spot, and only Adelaide has a guaranteed home final week 1

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Aug 20, 2017

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
gently caress. Yes. Richmond.

Townsend was on fire today

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Ladder predictor says the final round is gonna get messy thanks to the Tigers winning massive today.

In fact Richmond seems to have avoided a trip to Adelaide, provided we beat the Eagles, they're either 3rd if they win, or 6th if they lose, and even that relies on Port and Sydney following through on formality wins.

Nobody has a guaranteed spot, and only Adelaide has a guaranteed home final week 1

Richmond and Geelong both winning by small margins puts Richmond into 4th, probably.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lyon will coach Gold Coast next year and agree to have the remainder of his Freo contract terminated

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Saturday 2:10pm at the Gabba. Lock it in for...

THE SPOONBOWL

Featuring the Brisbane Lions and North Melbourne battling out for the wooden spoon and the #1 draft pick!

Be there!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

On merits Brisbane should get up pretty easily. Also North want the bottom spot more so they can use the PSD as a threat in trades

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

racing identity posted:

Lyon will coach Gold Coast next year and agree to have the remainder of his Freo contract terminated

Ross Lyon: Renowned list rebuilder!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The Zac Dawson lifeline!

But I reckon they are going to try to get the shittest bloke possible into the job to scare them straight.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

racing identity posted:

The Zac Dawson lifeline!

But I reckon they are going to try to get the shittest bloke possible into the job to scare them straight.

I was so happy to read that while waiting at the charcoal chicken shop the other day

Spedman fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 21, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's the issue with giving him a farewell game? Seems pointlessly mean given freo don't need to win anything.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

realbez posted:

What's the issue with giving him a farewell game? Seems pointlessly mean given freo don't need to win anything.

I think he's even struggling at WAFL level after being dropped in rd 2, although I'm not sure he could make the backline any more porous.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bring Dawson back for a final game. Tell him to send all the Bombers players off on stretchers. Then win the game and hopefully push the Dons out of the 8. A glorious finish to a glorious career!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

He has said himself he doesn't want one, but who knows if that is his honest answer, or simply a case Ross Lyon Stockholm Syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

monolithburger posted:

He has said himself he doesn't want one, but who knows if that is his honest answer, or simply a case Ross Lyon Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah I doubt that is really true. That's the sort of thing you'd say if the coach has told you you aren't getting one to save face.

• Locked thread