Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

gently caress STUFFED PEPPERS

gently caress TRUFFLES

gently caress FOIE GRAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i really hated serving rednecks sushi

i mean i hated serving them anything but sushi was prob the worst

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
stuffed peppers? Explain.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i really hated serving rednecks sushi

i mean i hated serving them anything but sushi was prob the worst
what's wrong with that, sushi is great

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
stuffed peppers are delicious but i'm lazy so i usually make them backwards by simmering some browned ground beef frozen peppers and bbq sauce in a pot with rice

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Onions are okay, they're just in too many things

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

rudatron posted:

what's wrong with that, sushi is great

have you ever tried to explain it to somebody whos never had fish that wasnt deep fried

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
what? how the heck are you gonna serve me some danged raw fish?

go back and tell them boys in the kitchen to batter them sumbitches

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

all peppers larger than about the size of my thumb are terrible, serranos are the true kings of the pepperverse

fresh green bell pepper gets a pass

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

what is wrong with you, grapefruit? you start off pleasant and then hit my tongue with the aftertaste of vomit

it's not a very nice thing to do at all, grapefruit. t:mad:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shiitake mushrooms

more like poo poo. TAKE. mushrooms cos u make me wanna gag as u refuse to settle in my stomach being all bulbous and mushroomy.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i got food poisoning from a round of stuffed peppers once, never again

i was puking for 3 days and just the smell triggers me

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
well if we're talking about food weirdness the only things i can think of that i wont touch unless its a matter of that or nothing would be bananas, scrambled eggs, formerly peas (but now idgaf even tho they kinda suck anyways), formerly ketchup, uh and i cant recall drinking milk like straight up of of a glass so far in this millennium. i guess those are my only holdovers as a reformed somewhat picky eater up to adolescence. idk what cured me...prob just peer pressure and/or :420:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

foods i rather prefer to avoid (all unfortunately consumed but the last):

- chicken hearts
- chicken gizzards
- pickled pigs feet
- beef hearts
- anything made from liver, beef or other
- curdled whole milk
- calf brains (seen prepared, that's enough)

not crazy about duck

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Annual Prophet posted:

entirely correct, having eaten calf brains i can say it was Not Good

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
rational dislike: overpriced status foods like caviar and truffles, they're like those $400 t-shirts that are people buy so other idiots know they bought a $400 t-shirt

irrational dislike: insects, just ugh, gross, aren't you eating like their guts and everything? no thanks, the meaty bits of crustaceans are about as adventurous as i wanna go within Arthropoda

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Zyla posted:

gently caress STUFFED PEPPERS

gently caress TRUFFLES

gently caress FOIE GRAS

Sorry about your palate :(

One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten in my life was foie gras with green apple and a little truffle with some other stuff. Save up some money for a few months/all year and go to a Michelin restaurant and get the tasting menu with the wine pairings. Completely worth it.

Agree on most kinds of peppers though, although I can always be convinced otherwise.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
also i hate vinegar, anything prepared with vinegar totally turns me off unless it's been cooked thoroughly

this includes but is not limited to:

- sushi (the rice)
- balsamic vinaigrette
- vinegar-based hot sauces

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

i can say that vietnamese cuisine is kinda meh

like, im kinda glad i was vegetarian when i went cuz idw eat roadside squid, but kinda meh cuz theyre vegetarian cuisine is like the healthiest in the world and i got down to my lowest healthy weight ever through eating noodles and walking a few miles every day even though i was drinking as much as baloney

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I ate food at the PF Changs in Bethesda, Maryland

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

the best food on gods green earth is a pepper you growed yourself thats hot enough to bring tears to your eyes :colbert:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the best food on gods green earth is a pepper you growed yourself thats hot enough to bring tears to your eyes :colbert:

Its not the heat, its the pepper taste. Bell peppers are bad. Jalapenos are awful. But I add cayenne and ghost pepper extract to things all the time for the heat.

Pho is not that good, and I have tried it from dozens of different places across the country.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you don't like shishito peppers ur scum

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
Pigs feet

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

deadgoon posted:

stuffed peppers are delicious but i'm lazy so i usually make them backwards by simmering some browned ground beef frozen peppers and bbq sauce in a pot with rice

That sounds like a drat fine chili (are they frozen sliced peppers? or diced?) but you can't add cheese to that version without looking like a fatass. Stuffed peppers let you add cheese to yellow rice + meat with no one any the wiser, and it gets all goopy and binds everything together inside.

Is it always rice used to stuff peppers, or is there anything else good you can use, like bulgar wheat or couscous or something??

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Annual Prophet posted:

foods i rather prefer to avoid (all unfortunately consumed but the last):

- chicken hearts
- chicken gizzards
- pickled pigs feet
- beef hearts
- anything made from liver, beef or other
- curdled whole milk

not crazy about duck

yeah anything that has 'curdled' attached to it = not happening, p sure thats due to an irish car bomb mishap many moons ago

that aside everything else on that list id gladly nack away at like a vulture :q:

...and duck is the best poultry imo, esp w/ thai food p much as good as it gets

if ur buying - absolutely!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i don't like mustard

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i don't like mustard

draw up the papers, we're fuckin' divorced

I assume you like relish and ketchup :mad:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Ketchup is kewl. I like vinegar taste, unlike mayor Dave.

Also, I have that gene where cilantro tastes like soap. Sucks because hard to get a burrito without cilantro.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mustard is good I like it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zyla posted:

FOIE GRAS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

isnt that immoral