Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012

What is this?
Before the Echo is the first game by Iridium Studios and is a rhythm RPG mix. Best part about the game is the music being quite good so it helps keep things fun.

Wait didn't this have another name?
Yes, Before the Echo was call Sequence when it first came out. For legal reasons the name was changed to Before the Echo.

How is this going to go down?
Being a RPG there is grinding that I'll be cutting out because nobody wants to see the same fight over and over again. Thinking of having some other folks come in to co-commentate, but nothing is set in stone.

Videos
Episode 1: Music Start
Episode 2: Rap battle?
Episode 3: El Mariachi?
Episode 4: >Fight Man?
Episode 5: Forward March?
Episode 6: Detective?
Episode 7: Stars Align?
Episode 8: The End?
Extra: Face Yourself?

Garbonix fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Have the second episode because the first was in the sandcastle for a bit.

Episode 2: Rap battle?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Oh this game looks like it is incredibly my jam. Just seeing the mechanics and having an idea of what later play will be like has convinced me to buy this for 5 bucks. I really like how you have to juggle which field you're working on to do different things, and using rhythm mechanics in an RPG fighting sense with choosing your attacks just seems like you have some semblance of control over one field, while another is ignorable until you need it makes you have to prioritize on which field to use.

I think your main issue against the fish was you were using the lull between attacks to restore mana instead of launching a fireball, so your attacks kept lining up with the enemies and you would lose the spell and the mana, creating a cycle of mana issues. Not criticism, I'm sure in the moment it's hard to decide which field to be on, just an observation.

e: It is I the person incapable of leaving a post without editing it within 5 minutes. I forgot to say that I like the way Ky's Jacket is designed and I want it, but a quick image search showed no one has made it.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 18, 2017

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

I think your main issue against the fish was you were using the lull between attacks to restore mana instead of launching a fireball, so your attacks kept lining up with the enemies and you would lose the spell and the mana, creating a cycle of mana issues. Not criticism, I'm sure in the moment it's hard to decide which field to be on, just an observation.

Yeah that is one of my major issues is not taking the openings between attacks, the other is looking at the wrong field.

Episode 3: El Mariachi?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love this game. Some of the stuff about its creation puts the story in a bit of a different and less great context, but on its own merits, it's a fantastic genre-buster.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

PMush Perfect posted:

I love this game. Some of the stuff about its creation puts the story in a bit of a different and less great context, but on its own merits, it's a fantastic genre-buster.

I played the hell outta this game back around when it came out, but this bit has me curious. Mind elaborating on this?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm really liking the characters and the flavor text in this game.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
The flavor text is pretty great and the interaction sounds like a real conversation rather than a script.

Speaking of flavor text time to take on a man that is a stickler for details.

Episode 4: >Fight Man?

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Episode 5: Forward March?

Taking on the 4th floor and its guardian is quite a pain with the guardian effect. We are getting to the point when our damage on bosses sadly is killing them quickly and not allowing us to listen to those sweet jams.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Episode 6: Detective?

Oh man this is quite the tough floor with the normal battles having quite a bit of HP and the damage against them is falling fast. Having taken Naia the guardian of the floor is pulling out all the stops to beat us, sadly this doesn't mean he is a super hard fight.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Episode 7: Stars Align?

Ok floor 6, a new bunch of battles and the curve is now swinging back up on the damage front with some new spells. The boss is fun and what they drop is a pretty ok thing, but it isn't my kind of thing to equip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Here we are at the end of this and we finally get an explanation on what is going on.

Episode 8: The End?

Floor 7 where we get to beat in the smug face of of the last guardian and get out the tower. Only to find a bunch of plot that is something special and would make almost no sense to anybody if it wasn't in a video game.

Extra: Face Yourself?

• Locked thread