Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
dhgate.com is a similar site to Aliexpress and I've ordered stuff before without issue. Most stuff ships to Australia within a few weeks which seems better than the several months you guys have to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

stimulated emission posted:

If you are a lady who likes pretty things you can also try BornPretty, which is pretty much just a frontend for AliExpress stuff but the shop interface and more limited inventory makes it easier to find what you want. You can get nail art supplies real cheap (striping tape, cleaning brushes, rhinestones, etc) as well as some awesome hair stuff and weird accessories like those bean sprout clips. Don't trust their single day turnaround but every time I've ordered from them it's come in 2 weeks or less (but ymmv)
I got these last time (as well as a bunch of other crap) and I have not died of cadmium poisoning yet
http://www.bornprettystore.com/flying-little-hair-clip-hair-pretty-decoration-hair-slide-clip-p-17848.html
http://www.bornprettystore.com/stylish-planet-rabbit-hairpin-hair-clip-astronaut-hair-decoration-patterns-p-27939.html

I can vouch for BornPretty. Their mirror chrome nail polish is dope. Recently ordered a bunch of holographic foil because it was on sale for something stupid like 99c for 15 sheets so I'm looking forward to that turning up soon.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Astrobastard posted:

Oh hey I love AliExpress, Im currently in the middle of the shotgun like delivery spread of my last order. I did get this charming message a few days ago -

Yes I bought an LED RGB Lightbulb with built in Bluetooth speaker after seeing one at my friends place and it is rad as gently caress.

Im also guessing this is where an ex-colleague of mine got the supplies to do this to his car

Were they individual stickers? Because you can buy rolls of contact paper that is printed to look like a bunch of stickers to cover large areas like that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I am unnaturally fond of plastic food ('simulation food' if you're looking for it on aliexpress) and have recently purchased

One of these phone charms:

A squishy donut:

An ebi sushi fridge magnet:

A squishy panda bun:

A mochi seal :3: :

Non plastic-food purchases:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Odddzy posted:

Just got my vivo earplugs from AliExpress, as far as I can tell they're much better than the lovely ones I used to buy for cheap in pharmacies.

Link?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Anyone able to translate this shirt? I must know what that girl is crying about.

Google Translate says the last two characters are 'hemp bag'. I don't know what the first two are.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Today I received my first AliExpress item since this thread started:

I'd been looking for a new clutch to take to gigs / clubs for a while but couldn't find anything I liked until AliExpress came to my rescue. It seems fairly solid and well made and they even threw in a gaudy gold ring with a big fake diamond as a freebie.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I bought these lights from AliExpress a year or two ago and use them when I have photo shoots to do. They came with a bag for the backdrop and stands and have worked without fault ever since. Not bad for $100.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Neurolimal posted:

Out of curiosity, has anyone ordered any nail polish that they'd recommend off Ali, preferably duochrome/"galaxy" or any sort of funky coloring you wouldn't see in a normal paint jar?

I had this thought because I'm currently thinning some nice polishes for crazy space color schemes for some models. Preferably they'd be lacquer based instead of lead or cancer-based (in any case I'm thinning with solvents capable of eating skin, so I guess it doesn't really matter beyond X-Y number of hours/days the room will need to be quarantined afterwards).

Bornpretty.com is your best source for that sort of stuff. Everything I've bought from them has been good quality and looks great.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

timefly posted:

Hey what was that site people were talking about buying makeup from earlier, I think it had the word "pretty" in it? I can't find it in the thread

Bornpretty.com I've only bought nail polish and nail polish related stuff from there though, not actual makeup.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Someone on Ali Express needs to start selling a degassing chamber so you can use your cheap jewelery and clothing without having to leave it in the garage for a week first.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Sagebrush posted:

Are these knockoff Lego sets like, any good? Do they actually fit together well and mate with real Lego bricks? Or are they gonna be all cheap and weak and terrible?

There's been discussion in the Lego thread recently and the consensus seems to be the Lepin brand is good enough for display models but nobody knows how well they will age. Most sets people have ordered have come with the correct pieces but some have also been missing a few bits. They also come in a single giant bag instead of parted out into segments like proper Lego sets so if you order a big modular or something it can be daunting to start the building process.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Palpek posted:

Browsing through those knock-off legos is amazing.

Those are actually based off the real Lego Batman Collectible Minifig series available at the moment.

More info and pictures: http://www.fbtb.net/2016/12/15/review-71017-lego-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie-series/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

This is a knock-off of Australian designers Di$count Universe

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
:nws: This caught my eye because of the weird name :nws:

But the product description is absolutely amazing. There's an endless wall of crazy pictures and diagrams that show an incredible amount of thought and, apparently, science, has gone into making a pocket pussy that sells for :10bux: on the internet.

edit - omg, omg, there's a video as well. This is amazing :allears:

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AH3Gdl_hoE :nws:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm gonna order a million yards of washi tape, cat memo pads, pins, embossed velvet tarot deck bags, and other poo poo to sell to people on Mercari and Depop.

Some of the washi tape I will be keeping. Probably a cat memo or two. Who knows what else, I'm still looking.

Can you link to the tarot bags? I need to get some for my friends.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Got a delivery to start my week off right (although I had to order this one from DHGate because the AliExpress listing got taken down)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Is that a fanny pack

Sure is. It comes in silver and pink holographic material as well.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Lol, I wonder if I can fit a can of Four Loko in it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Sanguinary Novel posted:

gently caress yes dremel engraving bits for dirt cheap. I do a lot of woodcuts, so this is loving awesome.

Has anyone ever ordered any of the off brand Copic markers before? There's a decent discount on them for the 7th sale and I might pick up a small set for funsies.

I haven't bought Copic markers but I did buy a set of Sakura Pigma Micron pens that all work great.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Oh poo poo, look what arrived in the mail today!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Choco1980 posted:

How does it compare to the real deal?

I don't have a Gameboy so I can't play it but the cartridge itself is solid and seems like a 'real' cart. The case is kind of grainy, almost feels like it's been 3d printed? I'm planning on gifting it to a friend who is a huge video game nerd so hopefully he can play it and I will post a trip report.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

mike12345 posted:

Anyone in for cheap wargaming knockoffs or modeling kits? I searched a bit, but couldn't find a galore of "space marines galaxy soldiers" like you'd find with Lego stuff.

Unfortunately the world of recasters is a bit more complicated than just buying off AliExpress but if you go to the Yoyhammer subreddit you should be able to find what you need.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Wow, that geek shop sure does sell a whole lot of insane poo poo. Can't wait til I get home from work so I can have a proper look.

Also just ordered a bunch of junk because of the sale: makeup brushes, a bunch of holographic / glittery nail foils and washi tape, some badges ('Harajuku brooches') and a couple of clutches. It's going to be like Christmas in July when it all starts arriving.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
There are some amazing necklaces on AliExpress:

And not a necklace but still amazing:

cyberia fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 8, 2017

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

That's amazing but what were you searching for to find it?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Snowy posted:

Or my heart monitor? Is that bad?

Don't buy a battery for anything that would hurt you or destroy irreplaceable data when it inevitably explodes.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Got my first parcel from the stuff I ordered during the big sale:

It's furry and cute, A+ would buy for $14 again.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

its all nice on rice posted:

If I purchase kitchen storage containers, are they going to be roughly the same as what you'd find in a grocery store, or will I start growing tumors from the random chemicals seeping into my food?

You'd probably be fine but you could also probably find the same sort of food containers for low prices at a dollar store or Asian grocery store.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Just got a pack of 20 different nail foils including a super cute houndstooth pattern and a bunch of flowers and stars. Not bad for $2 with free shipping.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Killingyouguy! posted:

I got a delivery!

It's my Alisister Europe America Youth Fashion 3D Ramen Noodle Printed Hooded Sweatshirts Couples Harajuku Assassins Zipper Hoodies!!

I was disappointed at first to see it says 'Rannnen Noodldle Soup Chiccken', but on reconsideration, I see the beauty in the wrong English. It's only one layer thick so it's a little thin but the inside is actually a cheap fleece I think! A lot softer than the other aliexpress shirts I have. Outside is still weird and smooth though. Also, no smell! I was impressed.

Excuse the lovely snapchat screenshot because I'm a dumbass millennial, but I'm normally an XS and they only had (Asian!) small so the hoodie is more like a dress on me. It's a good look.

Looks cute :3:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
So, uh, I don't quite see the connection here :stare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Got some more mail yesterday: a $3 Wu Tang beanie which is super warm and fits my giant head, and one of the knock-off Anna Sui hand mirrors someone posted ITT. It looks good but is plastic and pretty flimsy. Good for decoration but you can definitely tell it only cost four bucks when you handle it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Got some more stuff in the mail yesterday:

This amazing jersey

It's much more purple in real life so I feel like a Saints Row character but a 3xl comfortably fits my goonish figure.

And a :nws: vagina ice cube mold :nws: that was featured earlier in the thread. I haven't made any vagina ice cubes yet, though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I ordered some makeup brushes from AliExpress on 29th March (during the big sale event) and they're the only thing that hasn't arrived from the stuff I ordered around that time. The tracking info (through EMS) says 'in transit' but hasn't updated since 30th March. So, goon hivemind, how much longer should I wait until I open a dispute saying I never got my stuff?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm glad this is USD45 otherwise I would have already ordered one and I'm not sure how I would explain a Limp Bizkit shower curtain to my housemates

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
In Winter my house gets pretty damp (it's old and draughty) so I buy these tubs of calcium chloride to put in the cupboards and closets to absorb some of the moisture in the air. They tend to fill up pretty quickly and need to be refilled monthly. If I buy a metric ton of calcium chloride from Ali Baba, what's the likelihood of it actually being calcium chloride? Also, where do you store a metric ton of calcium chloride when you're not using it? I guess I'll have to find someone on Ali Baba to sell me some steel drums or something.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Nettle Soup posted:

Maybe you'd be better off investing in a proper dehumidifier? - expensive, but probably worth it.

Look, yes, I could do that. But if I'm not entrusting my health and wellbeing to sacks of Chinese mystery minerals am I really living?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I bought some leggings a few weeks ago from this store and they arrived today. They're super comfortable and the patterns look good. Hopefully they don't fall apart when I wash them. There's a sizing chart on the listings but I got the 4xl and they comfortably fit my goonish figure. I would definitely recommend for anyone that wants trendy printed leggings without spending big bucks on them.

I also ordered this badge to go with my existing sexy Hitler badges:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Amphigory posted:

Link please?

Hey, sorry for the delay, hipster hitler badges are here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...2772316092.html