Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So does this thread just cover Ali or do Geek and Wish also count?

Seems like a lot of product overlap between them all.

Had good and bad experiences with Geek and Wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Geek is pretty much the same as Wish. Identical format.

Good buys: colored pencils, sharpening stones, gallium, pepper mills, needle tip bottles, ceramic tipped tweezers, various diameters solder, laser pointers, mini scales, copper foil, micro brushes, USB adaptors, rare earth magnets

Bad buys: thumb drive spoofed to show much larger capacity, micro sd spoofed to show much larger capacity (hmmm...:thunk:), razor blades

The good thing was that the thumb drive and the card got full refunds, including postage, without having to send the items back.

On the whole, they're decent enough, but you get the weirdest combinations of things for sale. Industrial parts next to sex toys followed by paintball masks with the occasional car parts and drug paraphernalia. They do seem to tweak what you see based on what you look at, which can be a bit off when you click on some "what the hell is that?" items. They aren't always labeled in the list so you have to click it to see what it is.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I dunno, if the evidence can't evident....

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bored posted:

Pipe cleaner with googly eyes: Magic!

http://s.aliexpress.com/bQzeUzEF

Apparently you aren't aware of the true magic of Mr. Fuzzy.

https://youtu.be/V7JXg0ZlZYo

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

drat. I've been using Geek and Wish for a couple of years now and I think my longest wait was four weeks.

Except for the rigged micro sd, everything has been as advertised. And those I got a full refund on cost and postage a couple of days after complaining. The only hoop I had to jump through was to take a picture of the offending items to show I had it.

Dont know if the range of products is the same as AliExpress, but sounds like it's a pain in the rear end.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

norp posted:

So the current state of the art in lithium 18650 cells is about 3600mAh.

Turns out the secret is to package up a lovely cell that holds 980mAh and put an extra zero on the wrapper

http://s.aliexpress.com/mURveaYR

There are some measurements people took in the reviews...

They do the same with SD cards and thumb drives. Rigged to show huge capacity when plugged in, but only hold a fraction of that and if you try to load more on than it really holds, tha data wraps around and starts writing over what's already there.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

If you click through, that is an external hard drive case. It's up to you to find a 30 TB drive to put in there. Good luck.

And I've been burned by the storage scam. Live and learn.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, poo poo! My mom had the one in the middle. I just flashed back to a memory of us watching TV while she wore the bonnet and the thing sat nearby whirring.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Any idea if the tariffs are going to affect our little trade deficit contributions? I haven't seen enough detail on what's covered to judge yet.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

What kills me are the reviews that are: "Just got it pretty quick, haven't used it yet, looks good, five stars."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Got nailed twice on memory. An unfeasibly large capacity thumb drive and a micro SD. Both would read as the advertised size, but when you went over the actually capacity it would just wrap around and start writing over what was already there.

The thimb drive I was able to dispute, and got the price and postage refunded, without having to send it back. Just a picture to show I had it.

The SD was a washout, though. But I now have a teeny cheaply made usb micro reader adapter, so :shrug:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Woden posted:

3D V Face Slimming Mask Massage Relaxtion Facial Slim Up Belt Lifting Chin Thin Cheek Sauna Bandage Beauty Health Care Tool

Well, minor surgery needed to crenellate the top of your face before use, but after that - smooth sailing!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Holy poo poo is that one pissed-off cat.

Better to give him :catdrugs:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

It’s heavy and thick like my pussey

And just as leathery.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well the Illuminati has to find something to do with the rest after the orphan sashimi.

Waste not, want not.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

SEX BURRITO posted:

If you look for slogan t-shirts/badges you’ll eventually come across Engrishy and bootleg stuff.

I want this classic, but they only do a men’s one and no reviews: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/76KhGjR

Too bad they don't have it in an extra, extra goon.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, with the right amount of plants, they will clean up the water. One of my classes us setting up a system like that, but with 120 gallon tanks for the fish hooked up to a hydroponics setup.

You still have the issue of too little room in that hemisphere. A snail might work.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait, you mean those seeds on Wish that purport to be unrealistically purple merry-ju-wanna really aren't?

Thanks, thread! Dodged that bullet!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

spog posted:

If I had a dollar for every time I spent a load of money, hoping the end result would be boobs, only to end up spilling seed on the floor instead...

It's always the same thing with you, Onan...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Get someone to spot weld three railroad spikes to a bearing.

Just a thought, original idea, do not steal.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Be nice! Don't call it a goofy rear end baby!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

We had a kinda sorta similar sink and faucet. The tricky thing is to get the hole for the faucet drilled in just the right place.

It can either dribble onto the counter if it drips, or if in the wrong place use the curve of the sink to skijump out if the pressure is too high.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So along with some drill bits and pencil cases I had ordered, today I got a pair of really fake Ray Bans. My address, but some other name. My wife says that people who order regularly start getting random items under other names, due to them needing to have a real address to write their fake reviews. Not anything high end (for Wish or Geek), just crap that needed fake reviews.

Anyone heard of this? Most of the reviews I've seen are "Came fast, looks good, haven't used it yet, five stars", so I'm not sure why they would bother.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

How come there's no Shrek dye?

They never heard of Smashmouth.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Uh, those are a bit bigger than pimples...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Set his warehouse on fire.

Too late.:supaburn:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Salty Josh posted:

I always liked to smell fresh too.

Lol if you don't have Enrique smell good for you, your majesty!

Goon caring about how he smells! What's next?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I have the Ender3 printer and its pretty nice. But I've seen it for less from domestic sources, so....

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I've got one in my cart for $187. Where did you see it cheaper?

The price there showed well over $200. Mine was a present bought pre-christmas on a special and it was under $200 from a domestic source.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Echophonic posted:

This thread sent me down a path to ordering poo poo I do not need. It's mostly been washi tape, but I had to own that Live Laugh Love Skeletor pin.

Ok, I went from not knowing this existed to having ordered it in under ten seconds.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Uhh, I can see a theme here, but- a raw egg?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Don't think you have to own one to know that.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Spud 69 posted:

Piss is stored in the balls. Balls are stored in the urethra.

So what's in the blockchain?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I ordered a Buchner funnel from Wish and it arrived in a USPS "damaged mail" envelope, and make a suspicious clinking sound. The flask was fine, but the funnel was smashed to bits.

Sent a complaint, along with some pics of the shards and the envelope, and got a replacement in the mail pretty quickly. No charge.

At least some dealers there are decent with customer service.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Furia posted:

Important pin:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32900...Mw1553048234362

This may be what finally makes me crak and buy something off ae

And it's environmentally friendly!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Dammit. Now you made me go and install the app!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I got the Bluedio T6S a few days ago. They do a good job of keeping out sounds even without the noise cancelling turned on. Turning it on gets creepy quiet. Sound quality is pretty decent, and they've synched up fine with a couple of bluetooth devices. As with the above, they don't get super loud.

Nitpick:l the big one is no aux input. The USB C port can be used, but judging from online complaints you have to get a specific 3.5 mm to USB C cable that can convert the audio. And only Bluedio makes one. You can get it on Amazon for under $15, iirc. Still, with it being a proprietary cable, it should have been in the box to begin with.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Son of a bitch....

Oh well. It'll be here tomorrow.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Black Feather posted:

What are suddenly so many sex toys in the freebies

Yours, maybe. What's your order history like?:pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge