Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Has anybody here had luck winning the freebies? Are there ways to improve your chances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Kerbtree posted:

Do they still even do freebies?

Yes. Why would have I asked, if they didn't?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I want to buy a shitton of washi tape. Anybody got recs for stores that carry many designs in decent quality so I can just get it all from one?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Made use of the sale/coupons and bought about 15€ worth of cutesy journal stickers, which is a lot of stickers.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

They have a lot of tiny things you can buy in bulk. The tiny bottles are currently filling my head with thoughts of ownership.

oh no I went looking for them and now I want them

What other interesting tiny things I can buy in bulk are there that I can add to my cart to spend enough money for the anniversary discount?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I've added more of those tiny items to my cart than I'd like to admit.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
One of my orders has been stuck at "local delivery center" for over a month now, despite getting other stuff even from the same store delivered in the meantime. I messaged the seller asking if they could double-check the tracking number, hoping maybe they gave me the wrong one, but I'm losing hope.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
What's the difference between Ali and Bang Good?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
How much washi tape is too much washi tape?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Just get a Gotcha.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

They sure don't miss any chances.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Update on my missing package: it's being shipped back to China, for some reason.

I opened a dispute for a full refund, since the tracking proves that it's going back. It seems quicker to do that and then re-buy the same item than to wait for it to arrive in China and have it mailed to me again.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Just got my load of washi tape in just 15 days. This is the fastest I ever got anything from Ali, definitely going to buy more from that store. Not that I'm going to run out of tape or stickers anytime soon with how much I bought.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

lt_kennedy posted:

There is no such thing.... holy balls I've bought so much washi tape on AE :colbert: no ragrets tho.

What do you use it for

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

lt_kennedy posted:

Mohamm Store, OKgood but Jianwu Store is tits for muji/tombow style stationary and Toblone Store is very good.

I'm mostly interested in just stickers and washi, but I'm checking out Jianwu and they have some nice stuff...

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
What are suddenly so many sex toys in the freebies

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Would lowkey wear this if it was the year 1995.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

eSporks posted:

I ordered a poster from Ali. It turned out to be a low res jpeg printed on a consumer inkjet printer with the red running a bit low. I'm not sure what I expected.

Poster from Ali
Inkjet JPEG was low res
Not as expected.

I bought some really good prints/posters from a store called Homtopia Store.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I won my first freebie :3:

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Uh, well then.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

I'll report back when it arrives

Make sure to report when it arrives, if you wait until you try it we might never hear from you again.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Trabant posted:

If you're willing to truly play with literal fire, make one of these:

Well, looks like I found my weekend project.

e: I said that half-jokingly, but I just remembered I have literally hundreds of tealights in a drawer somewhere because years ago my mother bought them for... reasons? I might finally find a way to use them.

Black Feather fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 23, 2019

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

mike12345 posted:

Ok, weird follow-up to that story. Today was the last day I could get this package from the post office. Of course I didn't go, not at that price. Instead I open my mailbox, and what's inside? The package, no strings attached. Didn't have to sign or pay anything.
??????
Did they realise I'm not going to pay, and went "ah, gently caress it"? I. have. no. clue.

Was someone at the post office trying to scam you?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

DRINK ME posted:

Here’s something I haven’t seen on Aliexpress before: stupidly expensive costumes.

There is a lot of these so I just picked ones that have an order because I can’t comprehend spending that amount of money blindly on Aliexpress (even if it is in poor AU dollars), especially given how much the quality can vary on $10-20 items.

Good doggy?

Sexy robot with devil horns

Gothic Elizabethan dress up

Another one

This is how they do it. Just sell (most likely buy themselves) one with the price set very low, then put the actual price.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
It's a Chrome extension called AliPrice, really handy.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Horse Clocks posted:

How do I un-italian my Ali on the mobile website?

I’ve deleted all my cookies but it’s still stuck redirecting me to the Italian site.

How did you even get it to be in Italian? I downloaded the app from the Italian Play Store, my phone is set to Italian, and yet the app has been set to English by default for me.

e: I totally missed "website", ignore me.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Places like H&M and similar clothes stores often have good deals on packs of ~5 socks that are of decent quality. Cheaper than Ali and better quality, unless you want some specific weird print that you can only find on AE, I don't see a reason to buy socks from there rather than a local store.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Moon Atari posted:

How's this?

The fact that it uses a baby elephant in the picture makes me more uncomfortable than the product.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

RandomFerret posted:

Teen Wolf Head Bracelet Indian Jewelry Fashion Accessories Viking Bracelet Men Wristband Cuff Bracelets For Women Bangles

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32905741340.html

I thought the picture was you being funny about the poor quality of the product, but nope, it's the actual picture :prepop:

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I'm too curious for my own good. What's the purpose of that bra? Enlarging breasts? Stimulating milk production? Something I can't even think of???

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I'm glad you made it out of that alive and with enough hands left to type.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

bigperm posted:

Imagine being fancy enough to use coasters but cheap enough to steal them from a store.

What kind of monster doesn't use coasters?

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have wooden coasters and last night i was just thinking instead of leaving a mark on my table I'm leaving a mark on the coaster O_o

That's the point!

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

The Bloop posted:

poor people with already lovely tables, Captain Ofindustry

Okay, that's legitimately interesting. Because here coasters are the kind of thing poor people use to avoid ruining their tables. I am obsessive about using coasters since I can't afford to replace the table once my rent contract is over and I have to move.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

The Bloop posted:

So

you're renting the table?

Is that what you're saying

Furniture comes with the place, if I ruin anything I have to replace it. I thought that was normal.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

klafbang posted:

Quarantine getting to your head and you want more space? How about getting a new house from China?

I think the listing is actually just for a couch, but they have pre-fab houses in the related

I love that the quantity option is instead m².

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Der Shovel posted:

but airmail from China to Finland shouldn't take two weeks, unless they're driving the planes over on the ground.

I live in Italy, and nothing from AE ever took less than two whole months to get to me. I thought it was about the same for all of Europe... now I'm annoyed. :(

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

cyberia posted:

The cheaper the item the more likely I'll have to go to the post office to sign for it :argh: Love going and waiting in line to pick up a $2 trinket.

I have the opposite problem. If it doesn't fit in the mailbox, the mail person gets very creative to make sure it gets delivered to my house without having to leave a note. I had everything from precariously balanced parcels on random spots in front of my house, to straight-up getting my poo poo thrown over my front gate into my garden. And if it looks like it can bend, it will be squished into the mailbox by all means possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Shut up Meg posted:

Also removes red wine stains from carpets and whitens teeth.

For some reason, the fact that it's advertised also for knees is really loving hilarious to me.