Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Well, the most likely explanation is unfortunately there's a customer base for it.

The symbolism doesn't have near the stigma in Asia as it does in Western countries is also a likely explanation. I still remember being flabbergasted at the MST3K episode of the Invasion of the Neptune Men (Japanese sci-fi movie from the late 60s), that had a brief scene of a space ship crashing into what was in essence a Hitler building. A building with a giant multi-story portrait of Hitler.

For context:

https://youtu.be/qsYYnwhn4g4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The United States posted:

It's a famiclone/nes on a chip so nope. It's just like those crappy TV GAME CONTROLLER 500-in-1 PLUG N PLAY with games built in that you saw all over the place a decade ago.

And they're still all over AliExpress, all of the cheapest GAMES BUILT IN stuff are famiclones/nes on a chips because they produced a billion of those chips so they have nothing better to do but just stick them in things.

Is that a loving trackball controller?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao in my latest AliX mailer, ultrawide monitors for less than £70!?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002840731120.html

these loving dimensions are cracking me up man

Would probably be fun to mess around with for a project, but still; lol.

That actually could be useful for the marquee on my arcade cabinet. Looks like almost the perfect size to fit up there.