Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh boy, I love Aliexpress. I used to be one of those girls who thought, 'why would one ever own more than two bras?' After discovering this site, I have like, 8.
Ain't nothin' like that ol' chemical titty smell.

I also have received as presents a pair of those printed sweatshirts and you definitely gotta wear something underneath them, they're made basically of plastic. Other than that, they're basically what you see on the site.

If I had more money than sense, I would absolutely clothe myself in all this bullshit:

A good shirt for people exploiting the low cost of Chinese labour

I like popular art, too.

Different~

The famous slogan from the famous movie!

Is this what 'Waiting for Superman' was about

It's since been removed, but my favourite shirt was bright blue, with rainbow zebra print sleeves, that said 'COFFEE CUP.' in bold on the chest.

Finally, some beautiful poetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I use the same credit card I use for all my online purchases and I've never had an issue before. Didn't even occur to me to buy a prepaid visa.

I think I am about to get burned for the first time though. I bought a watch on singles day (11/11) and though the item arrived in my country in late November, it still hasn't shown up at my door. I suspect customs turned it away, so I opened a dispute, and the seller basically told me "it's in your country! Please be patient!". I may just let the transaction resolve because it was only $3 and I don't want to get doxxed by some Chinese warehouse guy.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone able to translate this shirt? I must know what that girl is crying about.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

I remember seeing the same design with the English text "someone ate all my bread" or something similar

I had too, but wow, it's actually a different shot. This anime girl is upset by a lot.

edit: Let's Speak Italian!

Chicken Ramen hoodie

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 13, 2017

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

This one seems like it gets you a lot of bang for your buck

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

caedwalla posted:

I want this hoodie SO BAD but I can't bring myself to order it because I'm a grown rear end man and where the gently caress would I wear a hoodie with a fat Renaissance baby on the front?

Where wouldn't you wear a hoodie with a fat Renaissance baby on it though? It takes bravery to be a trendsetter, I guess.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got a delivery!

It's my Alisister Europe America Youth Fashion 3D Ramen Noodle Printed Hooded Sweatshirts Couples Harajuku Assassins Zipper Hoodies!!

I was disappointed at first to see it says 'Rannnen Noodldle Soup Chiccken', but on reconsideration, I see the beauty in the wrong English. It's only one layer thick so it's a little thin but the inside is actually a cheap fleece I think! A lot softer than the other aliexpress shirts I have. Outside is still weird and smooth though. Also, no smell! I was impressed.

Excuse the lovely snapchat screenshot because I'm a dumbass millennial, but I'm normally an XS and they only had (Asian!) small so the hoodie is more like a dress on me. It's a good look.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

poo poo, I have a friend who would pay serious dollars for this if it was only on offer from some fancy designer. I think I'm going to just start buying things for friends 8 months before their birthdays in the hopes that presents for them will appear at my doorstep before then.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Back once again to showcase how much I'm killing it at fashion, this time with this T-Shirts Women Summer Fashion Japanese Harajuku Cute Soft Milk Box Print Loose Short Sleeve Girl T shirt Tops Camisetas.

I ordered the smallest size, and it's just a bit too big for me, but I don't think it's anything life ending. I do seem to be having the opposite experience of everyone else getting clothing that's too small, though! I don't understand the link between a carton of milk and 'ganbatte' so I hope it's not some kind of horrible innuendo.

The shirt does smell, but it smells like herbs rather than death gas so I don't mind it so much. It's also soft, not quite but almost like cotton.

(That phone case is from AliExpress too, but it was ordered before I really understood what this site was, I just came to find it was the only website with cases for the model of phone I have.)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol the only time this will ever be uttered about Aliexpress sizing ITT.

To be completely fair, I looked at the measurements they provided on the page and knew beforehand that S would be a little too big, but they didn't have an XS, which is my usual Canadian size too. I wanted my good luck milk shirt.

and now I'm glad to know it was ripped off of some weeaboo bullshit store because wow some of that poo poo's creepy.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Why do some clothing items have depressing pictures of people hunched over sewing machines in a warehouse in the item description? Is there some cultural difference I don't understand, where this is supposed to inspire confidence in the seller??

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 6, 2017

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

So apparently AliExpress has some bootlegged board games that cost roughly half as much as the legit ones.

I love the strategy game.

I found this multilayer connect 4 but with catapults a few months and it's been in my wishlist since. Is there a legitimate counterpart to this game or is it just a unique Chinese innovation? It looks like a board game for insane people and if I had friends I would absolutely drop the $20 for it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Blue Train posted:

The game is called connect 4 launchers

I looked it up and the legitimate version looks much less playable! Definitely getting Penny Game Ball Shoot Activate instead.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

For the woman who wants to spare every expense for her wedding. (I'm pretty sure that says 'Lave the Date')

I'm a weirdo who loves sending snail mail and I am enamoured with these random postcard lots. I think these would be more postcards than I'd ever actually send in my life, though.

I have no use for Kraft Dinner post its but when has that ever stopped me from buying weird poo poo?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

This is it. I'm not sure there's a better tshirt on aliexpress.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

I've been reading the thread and I see what most likely is the same stuff for $20-30 on amazon. I assume the same item is super cheap on this website.

But I am super paranoid about getting my identity and/or card information stolen, and I read about those people that had to send bank statements, drivers licenses, and other super personal stuff that should NOT be shared with anyone.

Is this even worth it?

The sellers who request those documents are doing it outside of AliExpress's payment system, and are probably running a scam. Usual procedure on the site is basically the same as Amazon, except that you have to click button when your item arrives so that the seller can get paid. I've bought dozens of items off AliExpress and never once had an issue, other than items showing up after I'd already given up hope.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I love fashion

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

this page has awakened something in me that hasn't been activated since i was 6

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If something is being sold as a lot, is there any way to order a single item, beyond asking the seller? I want some patches but not 100 of them at a time.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

OK thread, give me your best weird t-shirts. I need to stuff some stockings.

I don't know how to link to a specific 'colour' of shirt, but the purple one, that says 'Join in Skull World!'

Vapourwave VHS tape label

I really love blocks of meaningless english

Wear it to a movie night

I want this Chairman Mao shirt, personally :china:

I like popular art, too!

A message I think we can all get behind

These hairy chest shirts are... popular? I think?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Have you ever considered that maybe your new fashion aesthetic ought to be bowling alley carpet?

edit: pair that with some holographic bell bottom leggings and you're ready for a night on the town

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 22, 2018

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

A classic:

(Unfortunately I can't seem to find any matching Pokemon Jade carts)

A mystery:

Maybe a new favourite:

Also, in case you're also into making Good Fashion Choices, I've recently put these on my wish list:
Holographic fanny pack
Holographic choker
Holographic nail polish :v:
Rainbow short shorts
Candy-coloured parka
Oversized rainbow sweater
WITCH CRAFT hoodie
idk who this anime girl is but this sweater looks cute

I've honestly never had a problem ordering clothes from aliexpress, but I am also very small and don't have very high expectations with regards to their quality. The sweatshirts I've bought are usually plasticky, but the tshirts I've ordered have actually been a lot more comfortable than my usual store-bought ones. I probably wouldn't risk trying to buy pants off aliexpress, though if my legs weren't approximately 10cm long I'd be heavily considering those wide-leg pants Shinmera posted.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mocking Bird posted:

So I instinctively like washi tape but what the gently caress is it for

I like to use it to pretty up the pages of my day planner, or to line the outside of envelopes with. It's also great for tacky lifehacks like covering up light switch plates, or your laptop keyboard

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

No link due to phone posting, but I am impressed to report that the born pretty colour changing nail polishes really do change colour with temperature, and quite dramatically - mine goes from pale lavender to dark purple immediately upon touching cold water. Excited to see how it reacts to the outdoors!

... I've probably already given myself fingernail cancer by using this stuff, haven't I?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My incredibly dorky hobby is collecting Tamagotchi, so of course i jumped on the opportunity to buy a fake one off AliExpress. 99% of the fakes are the same ones that have been around since the 90s, but it looks like someone's made a fake of the modern models.

https://twitter.com/GoldfishWarning/status/971534315438960641

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Packages are often just left by the postman hanging out on the floor of the mailbox area of my apartment lobby.

I know they have to put something on the customs label, but don't they know any euphemisms? It's got my full name and unit number on it, do they really have to specify "panties"?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I have had my full name posted in a reply to a five-star review; luckily it doesn't show up when you google my name, and even if it did, it was a mostly harmless purchase. Still, wasn't pleased about it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ladies, the 2018 Summer Season is fast approaching, now's the time to order your fresh fashions, the hot look this year is looking like a confused grandpa

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

what does this mean

they're like $10

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

of course it's for emacs

anyway bullet journals are like day planners except you draw the days yourself which means they can be pretty if you're an overachiever who has that kind of energy

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

you can go ahead and fill your trapper keeper with gold stars ahead of time if you think that'll motivate you more

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hey, men?

Is this something you want..?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

please never serve me this tomato

(maybe nms to people with that fear of small holes? this thing is definitely making me uncomfortable)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I really appreciate this listing for trying real hard to pretend this vibrator is anything other than a sex toy:

:nws:

Computer radiant!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The tshirt I ordered came with a free temporary tattoo!

...but the words on it aren't mirrored, so they'll be mirrored on my skin, instead.

I love this site.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Bored posted:

Custom face for your "causal" bamboo watch:

http://s.aliexpress.com/BVFfQJ3E
It's in today's freebies.

This is very cute. At the price on the sales page (~$20), are watches on AE a decent quality? I've tried the $2 watches and they're fine until the loops on the band fall off.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Let's start a small business!! We've got our location and our equipment, I think we're set

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

mattfl posted:

Find me a 7-11 Slurpee maker now!

I've never actually had a slurpee but I think this looks right?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYdtZNPTTXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I had to wear one of those while getting orthodontic work done, but, that's not really a group activity