Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I remember a few years ago I had a really odd requirement for a computer part I needed. It was a 3.5" front panel thing for a desktop PC that had to be a floppy drive, a multi memory card reader, and an IR receiver all in one. Didn't exist on ebay, Newegg, nowhere, but I actually found this imaginary device on aliexpress.

Unfortunately back then you had to order in batches of 100 :(

I found it amusing though that this ridiculous configuration did exist but only on one website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

My phone asked for permission to use the camera just by clicking that link I swear to God haha

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Mine doesn't ask for any permission, and neither does the aliexpress app, which you should all be using because the prices are cheaper on there as some kind of never ending promo. Did it happen multiple times?

Also the Chinese New Year starts in 9 days and no one does poo poo or gently caress during that, so order stuff now and hope it gets mailed if you want it before March.

Yeah any time I click any link to any page on their site it asks for access to my camera lol

Happens over and over. I am using Firefox on Android but it's the only site that ever asked me for access to my camera

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I looked up a laptop battery and shipping was $1,028

That's how many MB of RAM it uses

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I might need to get that Internet hoodie as a gag gift for my brother in law.