Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hi! I'm 3O and this is my big, gay condo.

Also, Aliexpress is cool and good. I've bought some Nike reps that are almost perfect and have lasted as long or longer as the real thing. Also bought some "Yeti" cups that had very real looking boxes, tags and decals. Also bought some other odds and ends for motorcycles and RC stuff.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

For the few goons doing the sex, reusable condoms can save you lots of money :

http://s.aliexpress.com/riQBzyuq

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hello, old friend.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Never bought from here before because the prices seemed suspicious.

But no make up, no electronics. is the jewelry ok? What can I trust from china?

And no search skills? Holy poo poo!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

There are quite a few items that are also decent products that are original items that have been picked up by American/European companies. They then have the factory make minor differences and mark it up. My latest example, I bought a 240w/12a dual lipo battery charger that has been available for a while under the original name on aliexpress for $100. Now, an American company, Reedy, imports and sells the same unit with their name, new color, and a non-Chinglish manual for $180 or so.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Pick posted:

You're doing this wrong

Doing something very wrong. Cheap stuff everywhere and free shipping on much of it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Professor Shark posted:

Do these shirts and sweaters actually exist outside of bad photoshops?

Probably.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

canpakes posted:

I havnt seen a single thing that wasn't overpriced crap basically the same price as amazing with worse quality
Price

Do you work for Aliexpress?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Are the condoms on ae pretty good?

Top quality!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I got one of these as a stocking stuffer a couple years ago that came with a 12-1 tool that is the size of a credit card. I've actually used both when I was out riding and didn't have regular tools on me . For $.49, its a good value.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've always wondered what Carrot Top and Lena Dunham's love child would look like.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

unpacked robinhood posted:

It's really thick and pleasant to handle.

:gizz:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Pick posted:

that kid looks like he knows what he's doing

It's just a shot from the quality control area in the factory.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Cumslut1895 posted:

Don't buy food off of Aliexpress people!

I love munching the rug. Thanks for the heads up!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Going to order three of those from Aliexpress!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Nalin posted:

Is there a secret to buying off AliExpress that doesn't involve scanning all my ID cards and poo poo and sending it to them? I just, you know, don't feel like doing that.

I've bought quite a few items from Aliexpress and have never had to do anything like that. Lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

mobby_6kl posted:

FFS I have at least 3 packages sitting in my city for 3 days now. I know one of them was a public holiday but just let me go pick it up from the logistic hub goddamit :argh:

Take a deep breath and don't become the Apple TV goon.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hell, my Coleco tabletop Frogger and Pac Man bigger than that little turd.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

XTimmy posted:

Checked the last 20 pages and couldn't find anything relevant, anyone bought any Bluetooth buds\in-ear style headphones that were worthwhile? Bonus points for a high IP rating or a microphone. Cheers!

If you're stuck on getting them directly from China, I don't know, but I have a pair of Magicbuds from Amazon. They're easy to pair, last quite a while between charges and at $27 they're tough to beat. I keep a pair at work and jam out during my prep period.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just bought a knockoff of Lego Batman Movie Bat Cave 70909 for $34 compared to $80+ for a legit set. My wife and I have been taking turns helping our twins put them together and it's pretty much a 1:1 copy. Quality is good and the only complaint is that they aren't bagged in numbered groups like most of the legit sets which makes it a bit more difficult to find the pieces you need.

One of the twins wants remote control Lego train that retails for $225 or so, but Aliexpress and Dhgate has it for ~$65 which is a little easier to swallow. If we get it, I'll report back. I'm sure the blocks are fine I'm just curious about the electronics.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Has anyone bought a Roomba clone from Aliexpress, DHGate or the like? Is/was it any good?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nothing is cheap on Aliexpress anymore.

I've bought a few sets of knock off Legos and saved a few hundred dollars so far. The quality is good and the instructions are fine. They're usually about 1/3-1/2 the cost of legit sets.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jerry Cotton posted:

What the heck kind of silicone rings :confused:

E: like, a ring for your fingat made of silicone? Never thought they were a popular item but Google says otherwise. But still wouldn't you just need eight, ten at most?

If someone talks non-stop about exercise, look at their fingers and they probably have one on. Everyone I've seen wearing them are either the vegans of the exercise world, Pinterest addicts, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jerry Cotton posted:

How can I look at them when I'm running away?

Run backwards. One of them told me it burns more calories.