Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Pick posted:

Any e-reader recommendations?

Kobo H20 is a solid choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Those fancy kid beds are 4-5k a pop. Or maybe they're pallets of multiple beds? It's really not clear.

Either way who is spending that kind of cash gambling on AliExpress?

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Those PS4 riser clips somebody linked upthread got to the UK in less than a week.

I assume there was a local distributor?

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

i ordered a laptop charger. i like how it addresses me as "Hi US customer!" even though i live in the netherlands

And my account refuses to accept I'm in the UK and is all in dutch

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Tokamak posted:

A small supplier can produce knock-off designer clothes, but not knock-off batteries.

Knock off batteries are super common when dealing with China and they're less sophisticated than you'd think. Rather than just not making them to the same standard I've seen AA cells that were literally hollow tubes with smaller random cells inside.

(This was at work when some products were failing and turns out something like 30% of the batteries supplied by the manufacturer were fake. I'm still amazed that the effort was worth the money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

norp posted:

Why does this product exist

US $8.80 65%OFF | Beer Foam Maker iBeer Portable Beer Foamer 2 in 1 Easy To Disassemble 450mAh Special Purpose For Bottled Beer And Canned Beer
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUggnbY

Edit: I appear to be able to apply for unlimited freebies in the android app

It's to give canned beer a draft-like head (but at the cost of the carbonation level). There were a few products unsuccessfully launched in the UK about five years ago to do it.