Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Psycho Society posted:

I mean yeah the money you pay for the same item marked up downtown is probably not going to the people who actually made it but it at least rooms room for the imagination.

It just seems a little cynical to go "oh well everything we buy is made by people who receive barely enough in return to get food and housing to continue working but nothing more than that so who cares"

Does anyone have links to Alibaba being a slave labor ring or are we just keeping with racist rumors put forth by companies who want to mark it all up.

It reminds me of the lies spread by Games Workshop fanboys who go after recasters saying that some how the Games workshop resin (finecast / forgeworld) is some how way more healthy than Chinese resin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Psycho Society posted:

Uh no, all of the opinions I stated were just my own reservations about buying from a company that obviously (as opposed to just probably) cannot pay its workers anything above a subsidence wage.

If in your world that's an opinion that can only be wrought into exististence from the racist conspiracy of Big Department Store, then be all means keep doing you my man

So just assumptions?

Also, livable wages change based on where you live. I'd be a king with my wage in Arkansas, then again, you know what they say about gold medal winners in the special olympics.

I'm just curious if people had any hard evidence of this kind of stuff as when I've pressed people it's only been backed by assumptions.