Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus this bird is not loving around ive been wiped twice lol. i need to do some grinding because it can just kill jessica/angelo on a whim and its all downhill from there

also really wish it was clear when something is immune to sap or youre just getting bad rolls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The godbird was the hardest part for me. I beat him with just the Hero left at like 20 HP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The godbird was the hardest part for me. I beat him with just the Hero left at like 20 HP

yeah i realized i had to change my strat, the thing's got stupid high defense and is immune to sap so you need to hit it with high tension oomph'd attacks, while stacking kabuffs until you can tank her hits.

i beat her but the aoe confusion is bullshit lol you can't even cure it so a confused party member may as well be dead, if angelo gets confused or an oomph'd yangus starts swinging at your party it's lights out and there's nothing you can do about it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I almost made it through this whole game without a single game over, and then the second to last boss I'm gonna fight wipes me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spears or swords for the hero? I did swords when I played on PS2 but I don't remember which one's more effective.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Spears or swords for the hero? I did swords when I played on PS2 but I don't remember which one's more effective.

I think swords is better because of Falcon Slash? But idk I just did whatever I felt like without putting too much thought into what's the best

You do want to go a bit into spears for Thunder Thrust unless you don't want to kill metal slimes at all

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've put some points in Swords but Boomerangs are so good at the stage of the game I'm at

the Hero does more damage for free than Jessica does at cost

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bush-W looks at the party with respect. Do you wish to add him to your monster team members?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fight with evil sir leopold where he spams war cry and it has a huge chance to just make your party skip a turn, epic. this is a lot of fun

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

Bush-W looks at the party with respect. Do you wish to add him to your monster team members?

lol i remmber that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was just getting very unlucky, the warcry started failing a lot and i was able to kill the stupid thing lol. i almost popped a vein there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my palm was blocking the 3ds battery light and i almost lost like 3 hours of grinding liquid slimes and making big gear upgrades for everyone. the final boss handed my rear end to me a lot lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

my palm was blocking the 3ds battery light and i almost lost like 3 hours of grinding liquid slimes and making big gear upgrades for everyone. the final boss handed my rear end to me a lot lol

before dq7 i had no idea the red light would flash when it got super low

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on the final main boss, was just thinking it's cool how the main party healer has fairly limited MP so you can't just spam multiheal forever and have no worries. i never thought i'd use yangus' share magic ability but it's been a huge lifesaver on these last couple of big fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

before dq7 i had no idea the red light would flash when it got super low

i did cuz i'd leave it in sleep mode for 4 or 5 days at a time

• Locked thread