Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
All,

I decided to step down as moderator today.

I made this choice for a variety of reasons. First, I'm not sure I'm personally comfortable with some of the decisions the admins including Lowtax have made regarding the future of the overall forums -- before someone asks, no I'm not going to talk about it as a "professional" courtesy you'll want QCS for that. Second, I spent more than a few hours last weekend worrying whether I was going to have to explain my moderation of a forum for veterans to my boss because some insane people on the internet decided to doxx me because they were mad at Lowtax or whatever; that isn't a type of stress I expected to have in my life and it is unwelcome.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, I've struggled for a long time on whether I can appropriately reflect the values of this community. I realize that I compromised these values through some of my actions as a moderator, I tried to be better about it but didn't always succeed in that endeavor. I was waiting for this current bout of drama to pass over before bowing out, but things kind of aligned in a way that I decided to pull the cord today. I wish whoever replaces me luck, I tried to build off the strong foundation Vasudus and Whip made. I encourage you to do the same.

Speaking of, Zeris seems like an obvious choice and I'm sure he will be approached but if you have an idea for someone to be made mod or want to volunteer shoot a PM to FactsAreUseless.

Not my problem any more :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

My dox would be so goddamn boring.

So would mine but it's still something I'd rather not worry about all things considered.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

gently caress

*cackles*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I've gotten a few PM's about it, but yes I plan on sticking around.

Vas, Whip, Mr. Nice, Godholio(? IDK I feel like he was a mod at one point?) and I can get a private balcony Statler and Waldorf style.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 20, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Sorry bro, fixed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My biggest regret is that slippery never came back :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

They're good mods, Brent.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

You realize I forgot about that like 5 minutes after the fact until the next time you mentioned it, right?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The explanation on the website makes it seem like the site owner's immediate and a lot of his extended family were all doxxed with demands to remove the site.

:stare:

Derek Smart actually did something.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 21, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hello welcome new mod Zeris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

Was kind of expecting the conch shell to be passed down N4I.

The mod who did that resigned.

• Locked thread