Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cosmic Cowgirl ~ Galactic Rustler

Well, howdy! Name's Polly, but I reckon y'all can call me Cosmic Cowgirl what since I'm a hero now. Golly, though, it's hard gettin' used to the big city. I ain't never been nothin' but a country girl before. New Arcadia ain't nothin' like Dusty Tumbleweed, I can tell ya that!

Oh! I reckon yer wonderin' why I'm all yellow an' glowy an' stuff. Well, I'm what people call a Starchild. I was born with a connection to The Energy of The Cosmos. That power built up in me until I was 13, when I was able to harness it to become...well, kinda a livin' star! I can control The Energy of The Cosmos, an' I even got my own gravitational pull when I want! Plus, I don't ever need a flashlight!

quote:

When did you first use your powers?

Well, I reckon I already told ya it happened when I was 13. I was jes' helpin' out 'round my daddy's ranch when a huge thunderstorm started rollin' in. I was tryin' ta get the cattle to calm down when outta nowhere, I got struck by a bolt of lightnin'! I fell unconscious an' when I came to, I was...well, like this! I had a cow orbitin' me, it was pretty embarrassin'. After that, I researched an' honed my abilities. I...mostly shot cans. But I did it purty darn good!

quote:

Who was the first person you accidentally hurt with your powers?

Well, the first time was when I was doin' some target practice with m' best friend, Katie Smith.

That's her, she runs the apple orchard nearby. We were jus' doin' some shooting together, an' I guess I overcharged one 'a my shots or somethin', cuz I dern near ended up launching one of th' cans we were shootin' right at her noggin. It was red hot, too! I felt right terible 'bout it! She had a mighty lump, a few burns, and I was cryin' fer a solid 10 minutes! 'f course, Katie an' I were grounded from shootin' after that! I was lucky, but these powers are more than I reckoned!

quote:

Who, outside the team, helps you control your powers?

"Fresh Vintage Hero Shiny Grape here! I'm one of the counselors here at the academy, and I've been helping Polly here with the transition to New Arcadia. Moving to the big city can be pretty stressful, and with Miss Crawford's powers, stress is the last thing we need! So, I've been trying to get her acclimated and teaching her relaxation exercises. She's become exceptionally good at meditation, if I do say so myself!"

quote:

Why do you continue to use your powers?

Well, my daddy always told me that everyone's got a purpose in this world, an' even if these powers of mine cause me to hurt people, I've been given 'em for a reason. I figure if I can help people with what I can do, that's jes' what I've gotta do!

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

A cowgirl ain't nothin' without her posse, simple as! Y'all look out for me, I look out for y'all!

quote:

What made you decide to join the academy?

Well, I reckon it was my daddy's idea. He told me, "Polly, you'll probably do more good as one of them heroes than bein' a ranch hand. Also yer killin' all the crops." So I packed my bags and headed on to the big city! I wann reach m' full potential (and hopefully not hurt anyone in the process!)

quote:

Which hero sponsored your entrance into the academy? What did you do to impress them?

"That'd be me, partner. Name's Deadshot. I'm a son of Dusty Tumbleweed, just like little Polly here. I was there visiting some old friends when they tell me about the girl on the Crawford ranch. They said she was mighty powerful, so of course I had to stop by an' see her. So I get to the ranch, and wouldn't ya know, there were some rustlers tryin' to get their cattle and little Polly in hot pursuit. I almost stepped in, but I wanted to see what she could do. I swear she managed to open some kinda black hole in the ground and stop 'em right in their tracks. Got a few cows in there, too, but omelets and all that. After that, I had to introduce myself to her. You'da thunk it was the second comin' of the Lord and Savior with how excited she was to see me. I talked to her and her pappy and recommended that she come to the academy, promising my sponsorship. And I'm glad she's flourishing."

quote:

Tell me about that one interesting person in your class!

That dern Sweet Dandy! She gets on my nerves so much! She has the power to control sugar, and she's nothing but a snobbish city slicker! Always givin' me a hard time for the way I dress or the way I talk or my lack of sophistication! She's exactly th' kinda person I was worried about runnin' into when I moved to New Arcadia!

"Well, maybe if you weren't such a boor, you'd fit in a bit more~"

WELL, YOU PROBABLY COULDN'T EVEN TIE YER drat SHOES!

quote:

What's your favorite class? What about least favorite?

I figure where I shine's in Physical Edumacation! Even if they don't let us use our powers, my body's been hardened by years of labor on the ranch, somethin' these spoiled city kids'll never know! And it's the one time I can really shove Sweet Dandy's face in it!

"The sun was in my eyes!"

Girl, I AM the sun!

As fer least favorite...ehe, I ain't too good what with numbers or nothin'. Couldn't tell a Pythagoras from a quadratic. Math ain't really my forte.

quote:

What do you like to do in your free time?

Well, I've been doin' a lot of sightseein' now that I'm in the big city! I prolly look like a drat tourist with m'camera out. I even took a....whatchacallit, selfie off th' observation deck of the Kirby Tower! The folks got a real hoot out of that one, tell ya what!

quote:

New Arcadia’s a pretty sweet place, isn’t it? Tell me about that one cool place you like!

Well...

Uh...

There's kinda...

This pettin' zoo. It reminds me of bein' on th' ranch and sometimes they let me help take care of th' animals. I can't let anyone know I go there, though. I'd look like even more of a simpleton!

quote:

(Optional) Hey, guess what! They’re making a variant cover focusing on you! Please describe the cover to me!

The picture is pretty danged close, wouldn't you think?!

quote:

(Optional) Suggest a name for the IC thread.

quote:

The Nova
Hero Name: Cosmic Cowgirl

Look: Woman, white (and yellow), glowing skin, casual clothing, uniform costume
Abilities: Gravity manipulation, cosmic energies

Labels:

Freak +3
Danger +1
Savior 0
Superior 0
Mundane -1

Flares:

Move: Spend 1 burn to move to any place you choose within the scene, breaking through or slipping past any barriers or restraints in your way. Spend a second Burn to move to any place you’ve previously been.

Reality storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling + Freak instead of + Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another Burn.

Boost: Spend 1 burn to supercharge a teammate’s efforts with your powers, giving them a +1 bonus to their roll as if you had spent Team from the pool.

Overcharge: You channel the full capacity of your incredible powers to overcome an obstacle, reshape your environment, or extend your senses. Spend 2 burn to take a 10+ when you unleash your powers.

Moment of Truth:

Your mind’s eye opens, and you can see the world around you like never before. You can control it, at will, with ease. Of course, warping reality tends to have ramifications down the line, but in your moment of godhood...how could you possibly be worried?

Team Moves:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if there is any fear in their eyes when they look at you. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how they could stop you, if it came down to it. Give them Influence over you and clear a condition.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Polly's done!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

quote:

- So, um, can you ever turn the light show off, or is it a permanent thing? Doesn't it get really inconvenient sometimes?

Well, yeah, I'm usually like this, but when I use too much of m'powers, I look like a normal human for about a day. Yeah, it gets really tricky. I ain't never been good at a sleepover, fer one.

quote:

- Has there ever been a point were you lost control of your powers?

Well, when I was workin' out in the barn one day, one of the ranchhands came up all in a panic. I asked him what was wrong, and he said....he said that my Mama had died. Everythin'....everythin' went blank, and th' next thing I knew, I was in cooldown and the barn was gone! The stress had caused me to let go of all m'energy all at once, which I guess is why they got Miss Grape helpin' me with that.

quote:

- You and Sweet Dandy were once forced to team up together, whether you both liked it or not. How did that go?

That consarn fussbudget was teamed with me on an urban combat exercise, an' she was bein' a know-it-all, like always!

"It's not my fault you kept getting lost in the back alleys. You were costing us time."

SHUT UP, I'M TELLIN' IT. So I got sick of her garbage, an' we kinda got into a fight.

"You shoved me into the street!"

A man's not a man 'less he's got regrets! So yeah, we got a bit violent an' ended up failin' the exercise. I jes'.....can't STAND HER!

• Locked thread