Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.
To be fair, I have all but about...a half dozen characters unlocked and I like a lot of them. Cap and Scarlet Witch are fun, so is Storm and Human Torch, so I'll have plenty to do in the coming weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Can you still prestige for costumes, or is the mega patch the one that introduced the costume closet?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I didn't see anything about changing up the Relics. Any changes there to something that isn't terrible?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

This patch is also just the motivation to actually play with the last free hero that was handed out whenever that was.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Namaer posted:

Can you still prestige for costumes, or is the mega patch the one that introduced the costume closet?

You can still prestige for costumes, t he costume closet won't be coming until later in the year.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

gonna take forever to re download because my internet is trash

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Ugh I have the patch downloaded but the servers aren't up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tom Gorman posted:

gonna take forever to re download because my internet is trash

I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION

*backflips down the street reducing a graffiti artist to protoplasm*
COMPASSION

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Let's just say I won the wild3 tournament due to general apathy.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The Archaic posted:

I didn't see anything about changing up the Relics. Any changes there to something that isn't terrible?

nope no relic changes

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I didn't see that the servers aren't supposed to be up until 8pm est, way to go Gaz patching during the middle of peak play time.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
You did it ICR. You saved the game with this new thread. Thread of the year.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Really annoyed my timezone means I arrived at work just as the servers went down for maintenance.

Looking forward to relearning the heroes - marvelheroes.info has even taken down the Builds section.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm amazed by how much effort the marvelheroes.info guy puts into this game.

It was really funny during that period when the oforums thought he was stealing their passwords for those hot goks.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

we're back baby

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Speaking of the latest datamine was posted in the dead thread so here it is again.

http://marvelheroes.info/datamine/31/

e;

Kelp Plankton posted:

we're back baby
I'm the slowly curling fingers

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Scott "Slim" Summers.

e; also please don't post that non-canon venom tongue

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Oh, and the servers are up early.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress yea, Cyclops with boots and Jubilee team up. I wish they would update his black modern costume because it looks like pajamas.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I like that they just dump all the cores you have on your heroes into your inventory so you have 50+ cores to sort through in your delivery box

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/822207022489694215

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Kainser posted:

I like that they just dump all the cores you have on your heroes into your inventory so you have 50+ cores to sort through in your delivery box

lol if your inventory wasnt already full from not logging in

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

At least patch has been good for me to test out my internet speed so .. yay?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I've got that NOLAnet and it takes me about 6 hours to download 6gigs. Owns hard.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm gonna log in and play again on my Doctor Doom and Iron-Man I made into yellowmen because of you ICR, but I still don't trust your yellow soul.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Just got a notification from the Steam group and wanted to see what's up cause I thought Kelp died years ago.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just now trying this again. Separate hotbars are out? The fuk am I supposed to do with eight powers?? kill myself?

e: I don't even know how to make myself fly anymore. 0/10 woud not recommend.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 20, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Just got a notification from the Steam group and wanted to see what's up cause I thought Kelp died years ago.

i was wondering if that was actually going to get seen by anyone or not

unfortunately im not dead

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Too Shy Guy posted:

He did though. So there's a new guy using Kelp's account now.

That's the main reason I took over the SG about a year ago.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

He did though. So there's a new guy using Kelp's account now.

That's the main reason I took over the SG about a year ago.
"The Yellow Wedding"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thread should have been at 26 pages by now. Guess it's time to talk about mustard, Wawa vs. Sheetz, cosmic todays, soothingvapors and the case of the Luscious Lawyer, and everything that is dead.

See you folks in game. Let's get some analysis in here on the new characters.

It would be pretty cool to hear some about a specific character and what you like now and what you don't like now.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
im wondering what the most :gaz: bug will be - teleporting with nightcrawler causes every NPC in the main hub to run in panic? I have no idea, but its going to be great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lechtansi posted:

im wondering what the most :gaz: bug will be - teleporting with nightcrawler causes every NPC in the main hub to run in panic? I have no idea, but its going to be great.

Kitty can permanently phase out of the map and use her basic (but nothing else) while there, so she's completely invincible but does practically no damage.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Kitty can permanently phase out of the map and use her basic (but nothing else) while there, so she's completely invincible but does practically no damage.

They are really going for accuracy here.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
reinstalling now, gonna hop on after work and try out spider-man at the least

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Somehow my Squirrel Girl costume core thing got lost in the big item shuffle. And I think one or two other characters are missing their's too.

We're gonna need a lot of build info dumps, also. Gonna request Squirrel Girl, Spidey, Doom, and Loki if anyone knows what the hell to do with those.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mystic Mystery 6 has been nerfed, although I don't know how. I had it when I logged in.

Reinvite to the SG please, IGN is JeditOjanen.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

Somehow my Squirrel Girl costume core thing got lost in the big item shuffle. And I think one or two other characters are missing their's too.

We're gonna need a lot of build info dumps, also. Gonna request Squirrel Girl, Spidey, Doom, and Loki if anyone knows what the hell to do with those.

Energetic Squirrel has an S Tier Sound Effect and should be the basis of any build.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
i hadn't logged in since april but was still somehow in the sg.

and i have no idea what's going on anymore. what happened with the turn 4 uniques into another unique recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need a link to TonyBing's new tier list stat. I'm sure he already made it for the patch and it's accurate.

Maybe we can cross-compare with Saint Freak's Badunkdunk/Thick Tier List