Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

good news for any of us who are still broken enough to want to pay money to be deadpool in a free video game

its time for icr to ruin this one for the world. you're needed

Last Post: Nov 21, 2019 16:25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Sea Lily posted:

good news for any of us who are still broken enough to want to pay money to be deadpool in a free video game

its time for icr to ruin this one for the world. you're needed

can I cosmic the banana

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ye be qualifyin' for banana man

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i got ryolnir to tell me on stream if they ever did do a new hero release on April Fool's day it would be Adam X the X-Treme

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

i got ryolnir to tell me on stream if they ever did do a new hero release on April Fool's day it would be Adam X the X-Treme

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Guess I'll cosmic this Deadpool too

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lmaoooooo

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Are any of the good videos from the tournaments up? I think a guy named Arbok did some funny ones?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Crazy 88: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716799&userid=145352#post444695144 (bottom of it is the link to the sheets)

Super 96: http://super96.azurewebsites.net/

Wild 110: http://wild110.azurewebsites.net/

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Arboc's GEM MAN vid is lost to the sands of time...there is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to be among those who come after.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Netmarbu seems to have a new open world mobile mmo cookin', here's a trailer of no gameplay

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Dude they run out of costumes to make

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Every Marvel mobile game is fun for like two weeks and then you get to the point you need to endlessly grind like a robot to slowly collect upgrade materials. It's very telling that most of the games have automated play or tickets that let you instantly collect rewards for a level without playing it. It's because the gameplay isn't good enough to justify re-playing the same level 50 times trying to collect hundreds of upgrade gizmos that only have a 20% chance of dropping or whatever the gently caress.

I'm going to play this for the two weeks its fun anyway because I'm like a junkie trying to tap a collapsed vein.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

That's not a Marvel thing that's just what happened when mobile somehow became a genre

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I am going to get as close to a live Marvel Heroes when my copy of Ultimate Alliance 3 arrives!

I hope Punisher Van is in.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Dely Apple posted:

I am going to get as close to a live Marvel Heroes when my copy of Ultimate Alliance 3 arrives!

I'm so sorry.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dely Apple posted:

The only Punisher Van is whatever shipping truck brought you that damned thing

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You will drive this punisher van, UPS shipping lord

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The only Punisher Van is whatever shipping truck brought you that damned thing

:hmmyes:

That game was so bad. I loved how the challenge levels kicked you back all the way to the main menu if you accessed them when you came across them in the campaign.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

Netmarbu seems to have a new open world mobile mmo cookin', here's a trailer of no gameplay

Cap and some of those animations look straight out of MH

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:hmmyes:

That game was so bad. I loved how the challenge levels kicked you back all the way to the main menu if you accessed them when you came across them in the campaign.
One of the bigger disappointments in my recent gaming memory. The only fun part about it is playable Kamala Khan being one of the game's best characters.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

HebrewMagic posted:

No gameplay but all rendered in game engine. Future Fight is really good and they're pretty generous in the mobile market. I'll definitely be there.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

punchymcpunch posted:

gaz tried to shut the game down once and it stayed up for 3 extra days cos they forgot where they left the servers

See, that is hilarious. How the gently caress do you even forget where the servers are located? Did they change providers for the servers and didn't remember to mark down the contact details or something like that?

Also, I really wish a private server or something existed for this. I hate to admit it but it had times when it was actually entertaining. Ripping through the city as an explosion based Jean Grey/Phoenix was just a hysterical nonstop display of over the top destruction and carnage. Doubly so once I figured out how to set off screen clearing explosions in rapid succession. Triply so for the short time one of Jean's abilities caused poo poo to ragdoll to a ridiculous degree and could be chained to keep things moving if you had the stats to recast it quickly.

To this day I have no loving clue how they managed to gently caress up something as simple as rag doll physics for like a week or two. But for that time my coming was heralded by a bunch of D-list super villains and mooks monologuing, followed by the sound of the supernatural equivalent of a sustained artillery barrage that never ended, followed by badly acted villainous death cries, followed by a wave of blown up debris and corpses hitting the next layer of victims in the eternal explosion/corpse/fire-nado that would inevitably grow to the point that it'd lag like gently caress since the game was held together on duct tape and prayers.

Either way, barring the times she was reworked into sucking/being better in human form Jean Grey was a hilarious character and I haven't seen anything that leaned that hard into over the top destructive offense in another ARPG. In universe that character ought to have had a soundbite taking about she bankrupted the entire insurance industry.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Every Marvel mobile game is fun for like two weeks and then you get to the point you need to endlessly grind like a robot to slowly collect upgrade materials. It's very telling that most of the games have automated play or tickets that let you instantly collect rewards for a level without playing it. It's because the gameplay isn't good enough to justify re-playing the same level 50 times trying to collect hundreds of upgrade gizmos that only have a 20% chance of dropping or whatever the gently caress.

I'm going to play this for the two weeks its fun anyway because I'm like a junkie trying to tap a collapsed vein.

I feel like you forgot what Marvel Heroes when playing solo was like. To say that the people that you played it with went a long way to making some of the grinds tolerable would be a minor understatement.

Victis posted:

Cap and some of those animations look straight out of MH

I had that impression when looking at the Spiderman portion of it. Part of his attacks looked like they were taken straight out of this game. Then it veered off into something else.

It would be a hilarious capstone to Marvel Heroes if we ended up getting the full fledged Marvel MMO that was supposed to be released in the first place with recycled animations from this game.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 3, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Archonex posted:

See, that is hilarious. How the gently caress do you even forget where the servers are located? Did they change providers for the servers and didn't remember to mark down the contact details or something like that?

Pretty sure at one point, they wrote something like a password or server location or the like on a napkin, then lost the napkin...

What I'm saying is, :gaz:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ryolnir hangs out in a war hammer discord I’m in, he’s pretty cool

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What army does he play

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Ask him for the private server stuff

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jusupov posted:

Ask him for the private hotdog cart stuff

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jusupov posted:

Ask him for the private server stuff

Hell hes probably asking for it himself

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
REAL NEAR

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The problem is we don't just need to find the source code, we need to find the source code from before the travel nerf.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

super sweet best pal posted:

The problem is we don't just need to find the source code, we need to find the source code from before the travel nerf.
It would be in the spirit of the game to use whatever source we had and break a ton of poo poo trying to make it how we like it, though

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
All the wfh and social distancing is a great time to jump on and cosmic some toons!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Unless the switch flipper got Corona Virus :ohdear:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

All the wfh and social distancing is a great time to jump on and cosmic some toons!

I am staring at my steam library and the only game I feel like playing is Malibu Hebrons. Just some mindless superhero clicking is what I need right now :(

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i miss turning into a wheel and. dorifting around town

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

I am staring at my steam library and the only game I feel like playing is Malibu Hebrons. Just some mindless superhero clicking is what I need right now :(

midtown madness would have been stuck on the same challenges for weeks because the switch flipper had coronavirus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the only difference there is the switch flipper having an excuse

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I only yellowmansed one man and he was fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

yikes! posted:

I only yellowmansed one man and he was fantastic

Thank you for helping a small indie studio.