Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Humerus posted:

TBH I think in my many hundreds of hours I only used an Ult like twice. Captain Marvel's for sure and maybe Moon Knight's. Because I didn't want to blow the CD and then actually need it more a minute later!

I pretty much used Dr. Doom's on cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

I pretty much used Dr. Doom's on cooldown.
Extremely same. If they're going to code my characters being borne aloft on a palanquin while robots rain down hell, I'm going to make use of it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Extremely same. If they're going to code my characters being borne aloft on a palanquin while robots rain down hell, I'm going to make use of it.

Weren't you also fully invulnerable for the duration? It was great for just about any situation.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Kheldarn posted:

The game running like absolute poo poo at minimal settings, but running smooth as gently caress at maximum settings, and somehow using less resources, too.

the code was such a joke, i’m not sure it was even real

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
had to read the past few pages to realize this whole thread's continued existence is a sick joke targeted specifically at me. all those spooderman costumes lost in time, like tears in rain. . .

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

Weren't you also fully invulnerable for the duration? It was great for just about any situation.
Yeah, and if I remember right it also did every damage type so if you were playing the viable-until-rework multi-damage-type, all-trees Doom it would do even more stupid damage.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

If we ever actually get a private server going I better be able to get my several weeks of boons back

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Humerus posted:

If we ever actually get a private server going I better be able to get my several weeks of boons back

the first day i ever played was, by complete coincidence, the big boon party day. they lasted until the end

i never experienced marble hebrons without boons and i would never want to do such a thing

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

802.11weed posted:

the code was such a joke, i’m not sure it was even real

there was no code, just millions and millions of switch-flippers watching the game unfold across the servers in real time

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kheldarn posted:

When they said they'd run an XP Boost based on how many hot dogs Ryolnir (a large man) could eat.

I think Ryolnir only applied for the job because he thought the game was called Mouthful Hebrews.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
As a Thing Main my ultimate was always in rotation and was a Service to the Midtown Community whenever I rolled around.

And by roll around I mean roll around in a giant invisible hamster ball.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I cant wait to get a Garruk Burger

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Full brutal damage colossus was fun. Game was easy enough you could play whatever which rocked.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
How do you like these psi-webs?

Uegh-uuhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Lr_wWdNIw

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if marvel heroes had continued through today releasing heroes at the same rate how big would the tournament be up to numbers-wise now

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sea Lily posted:

if marvel heroes had continued through today releasing heroes at the same rate how big would the tournament be up to numbers-wise now
We'd have to call it the Thanos Classic because it'd be half the population of the universe

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
If MH continued to live it'd still be dead right now because there'd be a solid year plus of movie related content that would have to be delayed to keep the mouse's cross marketers happy and they'd never be able to fill in the gaps. RIP to the 6th Black Widow rework, all the quantum time travel suit costumes that are all just the same base model with a different animation set and head, the in bad taste Black Panther costume sale, all the Eternals content based on that movie that might be better than the Inhumans tv series but we'll never actually know

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like to pretend they'd just have kept chugging along and I'd have cosmiced Honey Badger, Strong Guy and half the X-babies by now.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Other posted:

If MH continued to live it'd still be dead right now because there'd be a solid year plus of movie related content that would have to be delayed to keep the mouse's cross marketers happy and they'd never be able to fill in the gaps. RIP to the 6th Black Widow rework, all the quantum time travel suit costumes that are all just the same base model with a different animation set and head, the in bad taste Black Panther costume sale, all the Eternals content based on that movie that might be better than the Inhumans tv series but we'll never actually know

but everyone would have had so much more time to cosmic their heroes. all they would need to do is introduce omega level prestige and it'll keep the player base occupied the entire year

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I feel like given the delays and general slowness of the team that we would only just be getting around to the Endgame movie tie in. All the down time I had last year would have meant I could have squeezed in some more cosmics. It might have also boosted player numbers.
RIP murdered harlots, gone before your time.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Do you think they would have readded the F4?
Do you think Denny's will bring back the Thingburger?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I could go for a thingburger right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEdxz5qDYg

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Kalli posted:

I like to pretend they'd just have kept chugging along and I'd have cosmiced Honey Badger, Strong Guy and half the X-babies by now.

I'd play the hell out of Strong Guy if they hired a good writer and good voice actor.

And I'd play the hell out of the X-babies if Skottie Young had designed the costumes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If the old MH Switch Flipper is looking for a new job, it seems the Dragon Quest Tact team could use him...

There's supposed to be a DQ1 themed event, but the start time is only listed as, "Feb 3 (PST)!". No event has started yet, so they must be in need of a switch flipper...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kheldarn posted:

If the old MH Switch Flipper is looking for a new job, it seems the Dragon Quest Tact team could use him...

There's supposed to be a DQ1 themed event, but the start time is only listed as, "Feb 3 (PST)!". No event has started yet, so they must be in need of a switch flipper...
The PST here must stand for Please Send Tell, because their flipper needs someone to DM them and tell them how to start it

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Sea Lily posted:

the game started with 21 heroes, lasted for 1169 days and ended with 63 heroes. thats about 1 new hero every 28 days (wow!). today the roster would be up to 105. not including the fancy costumes like wiccan of course.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

honestly kinda hosed up that we were that close to 69 heroes when they shut down the game

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

thats about 1 new hero every 28 days (wow!).

Jesus. And that's not thinking about things like the Team Ups and reworks and such.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i think marvel heroes was the high point of having fun with my online friends and i sometimes legit regret i didn’t play more when i had the chance

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

802.11weed posted:

the game started with 21 heroes, lasted for 1169 days and ended with 63 heroes. thats about 1 new hero every 28 days (wow!). today the roster would be up to 105. not including the fancy costumes like wiccan of course.

I wonder how Marvel's Avengers has done by comparison. Started with 6 heroes 5 months ago (Sept 4. 2020), has added... one. :thunk:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Avengers is also a bad game, something Marvel Heroes also was at launch.

Wait no, I mean, uh... gently caress.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Avengers is also a bad game, something Marvel Heroes also was at launch.

Wait no, I mean, uh... gently caress.

The difference being even when Maple Hambos was a bad game, it was a fun bad game. Avengers is just a bad bad game.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Avengers poo poo the bed at development phase, then got launched way too early. I don't see them recovering. I'd be amazed to find out that they have anything more than a skeleton crew creating new content for it. Same sad story as Anthem. Marvel Heroes had a really rough go early on, mainly because the monetization was greedy as hell, but they managed to turn it around. Most of their bugs and glitches were minor and related to animation and skill triggers. At least those didn't prevent you from playing, unlike in Avengers where I watched a friend of mine get repeatedly stuck on a boss fight because its character model would just warp out of existence. That wasn't the worst bug either, not even close.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kalli posted:

I could go for a thingburger right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEdxz5qDYg

yall always mention the thingburger "gimmick meme burger" but never the human torch spicy skillet with mushrooms and peppers the best thing dennys ever made

thats how i know you never enjoyed the full fantFOURstic menu only at dennys for a limited time

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
The thing that i am most proud of in my life is taking my daughter to dennys to eat off the f4 menu, closely followed by cosmic today.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sea Lily posted:

the upcoming Magic The Gathering MMOARPG sounds like it has a lot in common with Marvel Heroes if yall haven't seen much on that yet. F2P game, starts you off with a single class of your choice, earn currency through drops while playing to unlock other classes. it's a diablo-like focused on co-op stuff, too. just instead of gear you get card drops to build a small 'deck' out of that you draw from and play in the real-time combat. casting spells, summoning monsters that fight alongside you, all the card game stuff but like... realtime, isometric ARPG with friends. there's class skill tree stuff too, and you don't have to match the color of your cards to the color of your class so in theory there's a lot of freedom for crazy builds. possibly. need to play the game to really see.

it's entering open beta mid-March so it may be worth checking out. this feels like it could be the closest thing to a MH style game we get for a while.

I just got into the closed Alpha, not that I can tell you anything about it due to an NDA. But it's definitely shaping up to be a worthy follow-up to MH, because they've just pissed off 99% of the audience by announcing an $80 cosmetic pack before they even launch.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I want to know is if I can rush around maps nuking trash at high speeds or if I'm stuck plodding along like in Path of Exile.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Jedit posted:

I just got into the closed Alpha, not that I can tell you anything about it due to an NDA. But it's definitely shaping up to be a worthy follow-up to MH, because they've just pissed off 99% of the audience by announcing an $80 cosmetic pack before they even launch.

Isn't that the 50% off price too? When I got the email, I was all like "hmmm, maybe I'll get that since the game has poten....HELLL NO!"

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Jedit posted:

Oh, so they decided to scrap their reputation before the game is even launched into open beta? Solid tactic. I'm sure the dollars will come flowing in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jedit posted:

so pretty much identical to the MH founders bundles and how everyone hated those

this is lookin good for Groot Force so far