Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1940 »
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lol at a publication having editors in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Burn the 'dawgs
Kill the Yellowjackets
Purge the Tiger
It is better to die for Bama than to live for yourself

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Steam is poo poo and I no longer care about keeping all my games in one place. What I would really want is an app that would keep track of everything though

My man have you heard of the wild world of private XFire server hosting?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

holy lol x fire that takes me back

Coordinating clan meetups in planetside in 2004 or whatever to attack bases

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

You can also just make a folder on your desktop and put all the icons in it.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MMF Freeway posted:

That's how waypoint always is?

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1107754173934768130

Lambert
Apr 14, 2018

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

holy lol x fire that takes me back

Coordinating clan meetups in planetside in 2004 or whatever to attack bases

It was Discord way before Discord.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Stewardess? I think the man sitting next to me is a doctor.

The "let's check out ray tracing" segment in the latest UPF takes up most of the first 40 minutes, and 25 minutes of it is just Brad playing a random part of Metro. It is the perfect example of a UPF segment that drags on painfully and ends up 4x longer than it should have been.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

zelah posted:

I know this isn’t the waypoint thread but I really like Austin Walker. I’m not very far into this Sekiro article but this is rough. Very first like “About ten hours hours”

“Now all I had my sword, my trusty healing gourd, and my patience.”

Did vice lay off whoever was proofreading things before they got posted?

Waypoint has finally gotten to a point that I really like what they are putting out. That being said you could not pay me to go to their actual website and read an article off of it.

Edit: At multiple points both before and after Waypoints launch Austin repeated that of all the things he did, the one he was really good at was editing. It was one of the most baffling misassesments of ones own strengths I have ever seen.

Sam Sanskrit fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2019 around 17:00

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lambert posted:

It was Discord way before Discord.

Nah, Discord is basically IRC. Xfire was basically AIM.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BROTHER I WANT YOU TO JOIN THE DSA AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE AWARD WINNING WWE NETWORK FOR ONLY $9.99 A MONTH

The Dawn of Man video is probably not for the person who knows anything about history, that and Dan constantly thinking the Renaissance was just after caveman times

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

this reminds me of a puzzle

Oven Wrangler

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Waypoint has finally gotten to a point that I really like what they are putting out. That being said you could not pay me to go to their actual website and read an article off of it.

Edit: At multiple points both before and after Waypoints launch Austin repeated that of all the things he did, the one he was really good at was editing. It was one of the most baffling misassesments of ones own strengths I have ever seen.

That is weird. I've been following Austin since he wrote for Paste and he's always been a fantastic writer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Maybe he's good at editing other people's stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Holy poo poo did Jason lose an eye

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I think being an EiC was probably a jump up farther than he had anticipated and he's been playing catch-up ever since. Every time he talks about the admin aspects of the job he instantly sounds exhausted and most of the problems the site has had with articles seems to have come from him wanting to have a wide range of contributors but there haven't been enough eyes on everything

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sam Sanskrit posted:

opposite for me, too many podcasts I don't want to listen to. they have good articles sometimes but they are very few and far between. also its stupid that one podcast is named waypoints

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Andrast posted:

Maybe he's good at editing other people's stuff

Oh yeah this is definitely what he meant. Waypoint is, from a writing perspective, an abysmally edited site. It is always like 300% percent better when Austin just puts himself in front of a camera or a microphone and is involved with discussion. I just think waypoints early focus on articles was a complete disaster.

Sam Sanskrit fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2019 around 17:14

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo did Jason lose an eye
Maybe? I don't know if this tone is him saying he might get one later or annoyed that he hasn't gotten one now if this was just some non-critical eye surgery.
https://twitter.com/unastrike/statu...5373826/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1108780235099648000

«1940 »