Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1942 »
Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.

He can't Google stuff when he's being recorded for a podcast or QL; for all we know he spends the rest of his day looking up stuff that pops into his head and we just never hear about it.

Although I'm sure he prefers people explaining things to him in person. Didn't he want to learn about quantum mechanics or something but gave up trying to teach it to himself after reading the first two paragraphs on Wikipedia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

He can't Google stuff when he's being recorded for a podcast or QL; for all we know he spends the rest of his day looking up stuff that pops into his head and we just never hear about it.

Although I'm sure he prefers people explaining things to him in person. Didn't he want to learn about quantum mechanics or something but gave up trying to teach it to himself after reading the first two paragraphs on Wikipedia?

Yes and then he discussed it with Vinny over three different pieces of content saying "It doesn't make sense to me, so it can't be real"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

Sankis posted:

gently caress, I miss my MX Revolution. What a wonderful mouse that was. Second only to the MX1000.
I fear losing my MX Revolution keyboard eventually. It's so good, still kicking after 11ish years, and I've worn almost all the letters off the keys, it's fallen on the ground a hundred or more times, it's had all sorts of stuff spilled on it, but it never stopped working. The mouse on the other hand, I had two of them and the batteries eventually died in both of them, was great while they worked though. I switched to a Logitech gaming mouse, I forget which exactly, that takes a AA battery which I use Eneloops for and it's great.

Edit: this seems to be the mouse, it's a good one

Lambert posted:

Also, is wireless the reason you double-space like you're still writing on a typewriter?
It's how they taught it in computer class when I was a kid and it became habit. It's always hilarious when dipshits like you try to burn people over it like it matters at all though.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2019 around 02:23

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

[Intelligent][Humorous][Tasteful]

Captain Invictus posted:

It's how they taught it in computer class when I was a kid and it became habit STOP.It's always hilarious when dipshits like you try to burn people over it like it matters at all though STOP

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

Nailed it

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

Good night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

Were typewriters before or after BC?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Double spacing when typing on a computer was actually the accepted English standard back in the day. It's one of the rules that eventually got repealed but I absolutely remember having to type papers in High school where that was the accepted format.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvWfDxhm_s

Please keep in mind that White Wolf is run by a buncha super edgy chuds nowadays and the newest edition of the tabletop RPG literally caused an international incident by incorporating the murder and oppression of LGBT in Chechnya into their lore and going "It's vampires"

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

Good night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

Aw, I was expecting to be annoyed too, but it's actually kind of a nice moment when Abby googles what 2000 BC was like and they come together to figure out which side of it the renaissance was on. Everyone learned something.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I want dan on these quick looks, but I also want someone patient who actually knows what they're talking about on them as well. Some of the best content with Dan being Dan is when Austin Walker is there and Austin actually engages with him and explains stuff in an understandable way.

I really just want Austin and Robert Zacny to join Giant Bomb.

On this note, the Blue Bombing where Austin guested and they talked about what Dan considers a gaming masterpiece and whether he could fight a wolf is exquisite. https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/blu...t-03/2970-11884

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Please keep in mind that White Wolf is run by a buncha super edgy chuds nowadays and the newest edition of the tabletop RPG literally caused an international incident by incorporating the murder and oppression of LGBT in Chechnya into their lore and going "It's vampires"

Cara Ellison is working on this game tho so..

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

And then Paradox like took direct control or some poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

White Wolf no longer exists and were dissolved because of that incident. Vampire is handled by different people these days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Well, that's good to hear, at least.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

it's also worth noting that that version of White Wolf featured almost no actual old WW employees except for people who hadn't been with the company for decades for good reason and most of the people who worked at WW and don't suck are with Onyx Path, which licenses out WW stuff to make their own books

the whole thing is a mess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Vampire is an empty shell of a licence and the magic of Bloodlines was because it was Troika.

If Cara Ellison is working on it that's a plus though

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I'm gonna start taking bets on odds of Avellone guest writing for the new vampire game

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Xenolalia posted:

I'm gonna start taking bets on odds of Avellone guest writing for the new vampire game

You don't need to guess just check his linkedin.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Apparently the only other thing those devs have done is Blacklight Retribution.

Hopefully it's a lot better than that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Xenolalia posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisavellone/s...1794650113?s=21

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Vampire is an empty shell of a licence and the magic of Bloodlines was because it was Troika.

If Cara Ellison is working on it that's a plus though

I mean, it's the same head writer as the last game and of the three games Troika made two were buggy messes (and I'd argue Arcanum is such a mess it ruins the game) and one actively sucked out loud

I am somehow confident that level of quality can be met

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

cheesetriangles posted:

You don't need to guess just check his linkedin.

oh gently caress lmaooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes and then he discussed it with Vinny over three different pieces of content saying "It doesn't make sense to me, so it can't be real"

That's not an entirely unreasonable response.

«1942 »