Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2885 »
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just goin' with the FLOW, baby.

https://twitter.com/BooDooPerson/st...558078308122626

Fortnite is safe, gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This is the worst news I've seen all day

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

booooooooo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

This is the wording in the EO:

The following actions shall be prohibited beginning 45 days after the date of this order, to the extent permitted under applicable law: any transaction that is related to WeChat by any person, or with respect to any property, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, with Tencent Holdings Ltd. (a.k.a. Tngxn Knggǔ Yǒuxin Gōngsī), Shenzhen, China, or any subsidiary of that entity, as identified by the Secretary of Commerce (Secretary) under section 1(c) of this order.

That clause is extremely tortured so maybe the reading in the tweet above is supported, or maybe not? I am not sure I read an "AND ALSO" out of that

Edit: Ok so I can see the bracketing out of [transaction related to WeChat] by [person/property in US jurisdiction] with [Tencent]

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 7, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Weird that everyone started believing a tweet immediately without actually doing any research on their own

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Weird that everyone started believing a tweet immediately without actually doing any research on their own

Welcome to the modern world.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 16, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: Ok so I can see the bracketing out of [transaction related to WeChat] by [person/property in US jurisdiction] with [Tencent]

Yes, this is almost certainly the legal interpretation that the trump administration will argue for. This order doesn't appear to actually ban all transactions with tencent.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Nobody who plays Fortnite should be allowed to vote

ftfy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

no one who posts in this thread should be allowed to vote

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Farg posted:

no one who posts in this thread should be allowed to vote

Agreed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just goin' with the FLOW, baby.

https://twitter.com/SamAugustDean/s...3685108736?s=20

Clarification from the LA Times.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Slasher continues to be garbage, confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lame. They should have gone all out.

«2885 »