Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magna Kaser
Nov 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think Natalie legitimately doesn't know/remember anything about star wars (she kept on saying "CP30") and it owns

this is kind of a running thing with their pods. I remember Rob watched Eva in Japanese with subtitles and pronounced every japanese name horribly wrong ("a-soo-ka" for Asuka, etc...) and just ignored people even on the podcast itself correcting him.

IDK how much is real or a bit these days, but I do approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

uPen posted:

MGSV is a better playing Peace Walker with a worse story.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

a more civilized age podcast owns, but one of them had the hot take that swamp Yoda from Empire Strikes back was weird and sucked and I got a bit flustered there let me tell you what

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Moola posted:

a more civilized age podcast owns, but one of them had the hot take that swamp Yoda from Empire Strikes back was weird and sucked and I got a bit flustered there let me tell you what

This was another Natalie nuclear strike, her first encounter with Yoda was from Attack of the Clones lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

is she ten years old? How is it possible to first encounter Yoda in that TV show as an adult lmao

Natalie is great don't @ me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AotC is Episode II, Clone Wars is the show.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Natalie don't miss.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Disappointing Pie posted:

Jeff Grubb wrote up a story that Microsoft is actively courting Kojima to exclusively publish his next game. Hence the Kojima robot in Phil's last livestream appearance.

I've decided to sit this console generation out for the time being, since they don't have any games, so I don't really have any skin in this. But I would like to see Phil Spencer run roughshod all over Sony though. He's a cool dude and it would make fanboys who love console exclusives mad. Phil Spencer just doesn't miss.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Disappointing Pie posted:

Jeff Grubb wrote up a story that Microsoft is actively courting Kojima to exclusively publish his next game. Hence the Kojima robot in Phil's last livestream appearance.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1379958635216838660

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ethiser posted:

I’m dying, this week on Austin’s Star Wars podcast we learn about the original sin that has tainted the whole show. Part of the premise of the show was that Austin and two of the other hosts had seen Revenge of The Sith and Rob hadn’t so they were going to end the series by watching that movie and the non Rob hosts could talk about how things foreshadow the third prequel movie. It came out that Austin is the only one who actually remembers any actual events from the movie and no one else remembers anything. They are now going to all watch Revenge of The Sith. Austin was so disappointed in everyone.

I'm so disappointed, I wish they would just watch it without Rob. The fact that he's a hardcore old EU Star Wars megafan who hated Episode II so much that he never saw the third movie is incredible. I was hoping he'd keep his unique perspective

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wait, so they're skipping all of Clone Wars and watching Episode 3 next?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's funny because Rob's story is basically my experience as well. Not so much the megafan aspect, but I was stoked enough about Star Wars to see Episode I in theatres, which was disappointing. Then I won tickets to Episode II so I thought I would give it a go, but I hated it even more. Didn't bother seeing Episode III.

And while I really liked the first couple of episodes of A More Civilized Age, I really can't justify watching a show I have zero interest in, just to keep listening.

odiv fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 8, 2021

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i listen to the podcast without watching the show or having seen any star wars movies aside from a spike tv marathon of the original trilogy like 14 years ago

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Motto posted:

AotC is Episode II, Clone Wars is the show.

oh whoops misread lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Final fantasy 10 was 20 years ago

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/_janjerome/status/1380008887768637443

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/_janjerome/status/1380009352619204615

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

It's gotta feel real bad in every way to pass a full year having to work full-time from a stool in your tiny apartment kitchen that you're paying SF rent for.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

An entire generation is gonna have some severe ptsd if this ever ends. Like my grandma getting mad at me for throwing away a chicken bone because she grew up in the depression

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

hatty posted:

An entire generation is gonna have some severe ptsd if this ever ends. Like my grandma getting mad at me for throwing away a chicken bone because she grew up in the depression

You throw that in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew goin.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

An entire generation is gonna have some severe ptsd if this ever ends.

lmao

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Known friend of the site MMA Hardy is teasing something.

https://twitter.com/mmahardy/status/1379922934421159937

New Giant Bomb hire? Guest spot on the Beastcast? That long-rumoured thing with Dan and Mary?

Magna Kaser
Nov 4, 2004

dans too busy with his lucrative "pay me money to hear an annoying sound on stream" business to lower himself to podcasts, the basest of art.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Ivypls posted:

i listen to the podcast without watching the show or having seen any star wars movies aside from a spike tv marathon of the original trilogy like 14 years ago

Yeah imagining what the show is like based on them talking about it secondhand is pretty entertaining, actually.

Like I have no idea what Plo Koon or those pirates look like but it all sounded hilarious

gently caress, looking up what "gay Cartman"/"Truman Capote" the Hutt, I still didn't know what I expected

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

New Giant Bomb hire? Guest spot on the Beastcast? That long-rumoured thing with Dan and Mary?

The Quibi show is BACK

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hargrimm posted:

It's gotta feel real bad in every way to pass a full year having to work full-time from a stool in your tiny apartment kitchen that you're paying SF rent for.

Iím not on a stool or paying SF rent but yep, big city small apartment COVID WFH life is doing a number on me as well.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

hatty posted:

People living through actual hunger and war help putting things in perspective compared to staying inside somewhat voluntarily for a year and wearing masks. lol severe ptsd

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 16, 2004

People love underestimating the great depression. As not great as things are now, things were quite seriously ten times worse then. Which isn't me saying to stop complaining, but I think it's clear that this isn't going to have the same level of lasting impact. We will be a bit more health conscious (loving hopefully), there will be a little bit more social investment, maybe more companies will switch to WFH, but otherwise we'll just go back to normal like not much happened, for better or worse (a bit of both, really)

Fallom
Sep 6, 2008

Fun Shoe

I donít think I could share the same support group with WFHers because I spent most of last year still at the office wondering if Iíd just killed my wife after repeated close calls with COVID-positive coworkers. Just completely, wildly different experiences of the pandemic.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I work in a warehouse and nothing changed for me, still had to keep going in to work. The only change in my life was now I wear a mask.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

And the rockets red glare! Buncha bombs in the air! Came proof to the night that we still had a flag.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

He would really be starting off on the wrong foot with Business Dave by attacking the eyes emoji in his hiring teaser tweet.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Covid / quarantine saga has made me go from relatively well adjusted person to routinely thinking about killing myself, same with a lot of my friends

So you can gently caress off with this sentiment

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

Wow that sucks to hear, i feel like one of the few people who feels healthier mentally with the whole covid situation. In an office 1/2 day Friday and the new work life balance has me more at ease than I've been in ages

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Having mental illness prior to COVID means that my life hasn't really changed and I'm perfectly fine with being alone for weeks on end. Or at least, as fine as I always am.

I've read a lot more books than I usually do.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The whole medical field is in for a massive treat as this massive non-stop doom rolling through and sticking around grinds people to a husk of their former self.

Just wait til things "get back to normal" and see how loving insane large crowds are going to be for you - it's going to be weird.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

And the rockets red glare! Buncha bombs in the air! Came proof to the night that we still had a flag.

"An entire generation is going to have severe PTSD" is too much of a blanket statement, but certainly an entire generation will have an incredibly wide range of mental health outcomes from this. It is pretty safe to say a whole lot of healthcare workers will have severe PTSD from this.

GB content: Danny's laugh sounds exactly like Brad a few times in the Bombcast this week, to the point I almost thought it was being added in as a sound effect or Brad had joined in halfway through.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

harperdc posted:

Iím not on a stool or paying SF rent but yep, big city small apartment COVID WFH life is doing a number on me as well.

I moved (which was...a thing, during COVID, but we were careful and nobody got sick) from Somerville, MA, one of the densest places in the United States, to a place kind of on the edge of the 'burbs where I can have a yard but still walk to a subway station--and it was absolutely the best thing I could have done both during COVID and afterwards. I grew up in the middle of nowhere but I forgot how loud cities are, even when nobody's doing anything.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Having mental illness prior to COVID means that my life hasn't really changed and I'm perfectly fine with being alone for weeks on end. Or at least, as fine as I always am.

I'm happy for you, but I had general anxiety and depression before the pandemic which has cranked up to crazy town since

reminder that covid has affected everyone in DRASTICALLY different ways

for some people life has barely changed, for others that lives are a pathetic shadow of what they used to be or are straight up dead

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Moola posted:

Covid / quarantine saga has made me go from relatively well adjusted person to routinely thinking about killing myself, same with a lot of my friends

So you can gently caress off with this sentiment

Same. I've had diagnosed clinical depression for at least my adult life, and it was pretty well under control before COVID. A year+ of being stuck in my flat with only my cat for company, having maybe 5 hours of actual human contact all year etc has done a number on me, by amplifying my depression and introducing a bunch of new fun symptoms.

This poo poo is rough, and it's 100% something I should be getting professional help for, but that's not possible A) in this societal situation or B) in this financial situation.

I realize I have things better than a lot of other people because I am able to work from home just fine, but jesus this has been a rough year for my mental wellbeing.

Take care of yourselves, people.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah. I feel like there's going to be a lot of different views coming out of this.

One of the big splits is going to be: those that live in houses vs those stuck in one-bedroom/studio apartments.

Another split will be those: those who live with family vs those who live alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

having maybe 5 hours of actual human contact all year

I mean no offense, having worked in the field of mental health I understand the struggle, but I hope this is a grand exaggeration.

If not, you need to get a support network in place ASAP. Even in a pandemic this is unacceptable treatment if you have a provider.

For content: if the guests ever stop coming both Bombcasts are going to blooooow.