Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. I feel like there's going to be a lot of different views coming out of this.

One of the big splits is going to be: those that live in houses vs those stuck in one-bedroom/studio apartments.

Another split will be those: those who live with family vs those who live alone.

I live with my inlaws. And have been at home for at least a year now (wfh)

There has been irrepairable changes to our dynamics and I cannot wait to get space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

I mean no offense, having worked in the field of mental health I understand the struggle, but I hope this is a grand exaggeration.

If not, you need to get a support network in place ASAP. Even in a pandemic this is unacceptable treatment if you have a provider.

Completely agree with this

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Having mental illness prior to COVID means that my life hasn't really changed and I'm perfectly fine with being alone for weeks on end. Or at least, as fine as I always am.

I've read a lot more books than I usually do.

I mean yes same but I think that sadly highlights just how damaging mental illness is that we're like yea this is fine being this alone, well I shouldn't speak for us both but you get what I'm saying.

But yes hope everyone with mental health conditions is at least getting some help if you need it during this poo poo. At least we can say we had some pre pandemic training

Also drat that sucks about Jan but I'm glad he spoke out, its good to have it highlighted from people you wouldn't expect to be suffering. When he was talking about his sleep apnea I really felt for him because man dealing with that for the rest of your life sounds awful. Plus I wondered what the guys were thinking considering what happened to Ryan...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I'm exactly the same as I was at the beginning of the pandemic. Aside from going outside less, I'm still living the same life. If anything, the pandemic helped me out a lot. It caused deadlines to be pushed back which allowed me to be accepted to school, it meant classes were online so I saved gas. I got stimulus checks that I wouldn't have gotten before. And also people don't try to talk to me when I'm out and about. It's lovely to say, but covid was somewhat of a net positive for me. I say that with the knowledge that I did everything that was in my power to curtail the pandemic. I wore a mask, I washed my hands, I didn't go places I didn't need to go for the most part. I wasn't trying to actively extend it like some people were, unwittingly or not.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I've spent the entire quarantine alone in a 230 sq ft studio apartment and began transitioning with a basically non-existent support network and I'm doing very badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0l4D-C_yI

Fawf fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 8, 2021

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Fawf posted:

I've spent the entire quarantine alone in a 230 sq ft studio apartment and began transitioning with a basically non-existent support network and I'm doing very badly

I'm in a similar situation buddy

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Overbite posted:

I work in a warehouse and nothing changed for me, still had to keep going in to work. The only change in my life was now I wear a mask.
Didn't you go to the pub before? Or the cinema? Or go out to eat in a restaurant? Or do anything except go to work and go home?

gently caress one of the last things my wife and I did before the lockdown was go to a new barcade that had opened and welp I don't think it survived.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sounds like Alex is all for a proper playthrough of Dark Side of the Moon whereas Vinny is on the fence.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Akuma posted:

Didn't you go to the pub before? Or the cinema? Or go out to eat in a restaurant? Or do anything except go to work and go home?

gently caress one of the last things my wife and I did before the lockdown was go to a new barcade that had opened and welp I don't think it survived.

I'm in a similar situation and no, I work nights so basically all I have time to do is go to work and go home with occasional supermarket trips because I'm too tired on days off to do anything except rest at home. Literally nothing about my life has been different since last June.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Brad, Jeff, and Jason streaming some Outriders

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ZeeBoi posted:

Sounds like Alex is all for a proper playthrough of Dark Side of the Moon whereas Vinny is on the fence.

I skipped around a full play through of it and it's uh...really not great.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

PneumonicBook posted:

That's fine, just some content would be nice.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

PneumonicBook posted:

Well, was it aliens?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Giant Bomb has hired someone! Sort of.

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1380254217500291081

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whoa!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oven Wrangler

Just came here to post that, wow!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

the chair finally stopped rotating!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Strategic acquisition... Giant Bomb now has a pinball correspondent

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

That was a roller coaster of a tweet, I originally read it as Bakalar leaving Red Ventures based on how it appeared on my Twitter feed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Billy Gnosis posted:

That was a roller coaster of a tweet, I originally read it as Bakalar leaving Red Ventures based on how it appeared on my Twitter feed.

Yeah same, I saw the "Deepest gratitude and respect" tweet first so I immediately assumed the worst.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

And the rockets red glare! Buncha bombs in the air! Came proof to the night that we still had a flag.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Even with the text in the post above it, my heart skipped a beat halfway through reading the tweet

e: Jeff G. made Bakalar crack up a few times during that Vinny-less Beastcast in a way that made me hope they're going to work together more often

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 8, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I wonder if they merge Gamespot and Giant Bomb more. It always felt weird that CBS and now Red Ventures kept both around amidst all of the turmoil the last few years in media. They can keep the two sites divided as Gamespot is more of a news/trailer/review site, but I can see a lot more crossover between the two staffs as an alternative to staffing up a bunch.

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'll miss the fridge reviews from CES

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Firebert posted:

I wonder if they merge Gamespot and Giant Bomb more. It always felt weird that CBS and now Red Ventures kept both around amidst all of the turmoil the last few years in media. They can keep the two sites divided as Gamespot is more of a news/trailer/review site, but I can see a lot more crossover between the two staffs as an alternative to staffing up a bunch.

they sould merge and call it Game Bomb

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Moola posted:

they sould merge and call it Game Bomb

Giant Spot

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

And the rockets red glare! Buncha bombs in the air! Came proof to the night that we still had a flag.

Haven't two people left Gamespot within the last month or so?

fake e: I have no concept of how big Gamespot's staff even is compared to GB.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cool Spot

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 16, 2004

Makes sense if Red Ventures doesn't want separate gaming divisions for multiple different websites.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I know Kallie and Jake have left within like the past week

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Party Boat posted:

I'll miss the fridge reviews from CES

giant bomb expanding to fridge reviews

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I think Giant Bomb and Gamespot are different enough to be separate.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Based on how Jeff talked about old Gamespot GOTYs and how the After Dark crew have talked about recent ones, it sounds like they have historically had an editorial/production staff (not engineering etc.) of around 30ish people?

Also sad to hear about Kallie and Jake leaving, I actually know who they are because of their podcast lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jake was pretty cool but Kallie was always the best part of GSAD and was a very good reviewer/editor, I hope she still writes in the future

Honestly more crossover with GS would only be a good thing, they would provide some fresh voices and takes that GB desperately needs right now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Looks like Kallie is now a Nintendo employee

https://twitter.com/inkydojikko/status/1379134855519199235

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly more crossover with GS would only be a good thing, they would provide some fresh voices and takes that GB desperately needs right now

It is kind of unfortunate that the younger "new wave" they hired are also the ones who left, Jan is still around at least

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Andrast posted:

giant bomb expanding to fridge reviews

which GB crew member, past or present, would you most want to see a fridge review from

Drew is the obvious answer for obsessive pursuit of perfection but Dan would think to ask the questions no one else would, such as how many amiibos can be exiled within

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1380255138863009794

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Party Boat posted:

which GB crew member, past or present, would you most want to see a fridge review from

Drew is the obvious answer for obsessive pursuit of perfection but Dan would think to ask the questions no one else would, such as how many amiibos can be exiled within

I feel like we could get a pretty good Jeff rant out of some lovely smart fridge abomination

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Andrast posted:

I feel like we could get a pretty good Jeff rant out of some lovely smart fridge abomination

Ryan would have a healthy contempt for internet fridges I think.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Good stuff, Bakalar is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallom
Sep 6, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was wondering about whether he would stay and where he would end up if he didnít. This is great news.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It is kind of unfortunate that the younger "new wave" they hired are also the ones who left, Jan is still around at least

Two of their youngest employees quitting without having jobs lined up probably led to some real awkward meetings.